Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
bride81

May 2013 Brides

Recommended Posts

Originally Posted by ANGELA2013 View Post

 

I can't believe how on top of things you ladies are. I feel like a slacker lol

 

I am having a hard time getting organized, I am done the website, picked our colour theme, and have our date booked but that's it. There's been a lot going on for me lately so I am having a hard time focusing on the wedding.  I have designed some diy stuff but I am having a hard time deciding which route to go. I am thinking magnets for std but I can't decide between passports or boarding passes for the invites.

 

We have also thought about a symbolic ceremony but worry less people would come if they knew and we only have around 25 as it is now. I know we could just not tell most people but the ones that knew, I think it would ruin the experience for and they may not come.

Hey there!

 

I like to think that Iâ€m on top of things when it comes to my wedding planning, but my Fi is convinced that Iâ€m OCD and wedding planning proves it.  I think youâ€re right on track, we have over 11 months to go, which is plenty of time.

 

Any-who. I had the same hang-up when it came to the design for our invites and ultimately I went with boarding passes and will do passports instead of the typical pre-travel brochure.  

 

Regarding the symbolic ceremony, if youâ€ve read the past couple of pages in this thread, then you know that I had concerns with this too. My fi and I came to the decision this weekend that we are going to have my brother officiate our symbolic ceremony and he is honored to do so. If itâ€s not legal, we would much rather be married by someone who knows us and actually cares about our union, instead of a random stranger. We donâ€t really see this being a problem because we believe that most of our guest are practical and understand that they are there to witness our love and commitment. The stance that we came to, is if we have to deceive our guests in order to get their support and for them to be happy for us, then something is wrong with those relationships. If it cheapens the experience, and if they feel that itâ€s no longer necessary to attend simply because itâ€s not legal, then itâ€s their issue, not ours. Obviously there isnâ€t a right or wrong answer to how this should be approached, but every couple needs to do whatâ€s best for themselves and what will ultimately make them happy.  Remember, itâ€s your marriage, no one elseâ€s.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by ChocoTaco7568 View Post

 

Hey there!

 

I like to think that Iâ€m on top of things when it comes to my wedding planning, but my Fi is convinced that Iâ€m OCD and wedding planning proves it.  I think youâ€re right on track, we have over 11 months to go, which is plenty of time.

 

Any-who. I had the same hang-up when it came to the design for our invites and ultimately I went with boarding passes and will do passports instead of the typical pre-travel brochure.  

 

Regarding the symbolic ceremony, if youâ€ve read the past couple of pages in this thread, then you know that I had concerns with this too. My fi and I came to the decision this weekend that we are going to have my brother officiate our symbolic ceremony and he is honored to do so. If itâ€s not legal, we would much rather be married by someone who knows us and actually cares about our union, instead of a random stranger. We donâ€t really see this being a problem because we believe that most of our guest are practical and understand that they are there to witness our love and commitment. The stance that we came to, is if we have to deceive our guests in order to get their support and for them to be happy for us, then something is wrong with those relationships. If it cheapens the experience, and if they feel that itâ€s no longer necessary to attend simply because itâ€s not legal, then itâ€s their issue, not ours. Obviously there isnâ€t a right or wrong answer to how this should be approached, but every couple needs to do whatâ€s best for themselves and what will ultimately make them happy.  Remember, itâ€s your marriage, no one elseâ€s.

 I think I missed a few pages.. :o( I think that's awesome your getting your brother to officiate!!!.. I wish we had someone close to us that would do it.   And I agree with your last sentence, my FI and I have been saying this since the very beginning of our planning.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks ladies, it has been a interesting topic in our house and we haven't made a decision yet but it just seems like a lot of hassle to have to legal part in Mexico with not just the paper work but the blood test ( I am not a fan of needles lol). 

 

Do you know if it matters when you do the legal part here? If it needs to be more then 30 days before that would be a long time for me to keep such an exciting secret. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Thanks ladies, it has been a interesting topic in our house and we haven't made a decision yet but it just seems like a lot of hassle to have to legal part in Mexico with not just the paper work but the blood test ( I am not a fan of needles lol).  Do you know if it matters when you do the legal part here? If it needs to be more then 30 days before that would be a long time for me to keep such an exciting secretlk. :)
There are no legal requirements to get married in mexico if it's a symbolic ceremony. you can get lagally married as far in advance or even after the symbolic ceremony has taken place and legally marry when you return home.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

seems like a lot of you have sent our STD's already.. we sent out my side of the family and my FI should be going out early next week (his mom passed away at the end of april and we wanted to leave a decent enough amount of time between those thank you cards and our STD's).

 

anyways, have a lot of your guests started booking yet? i know airfare isn't available until the beginning of july, i just wanted to get an idea of when people will start to book... a lot of our wedding depends on how many people will be coming and idk when i will be able to guage that..

 

also, when is everyone sending out formal invites or are you not doing formal invites?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So we finally got our group block up and running this Monday! We already had 6 people book! I finally feel like we are somewhat able to do something. We want to fly Jet Blue and they only come out 9 months in advance so we still have a litle time before we can book airfare. At least I feel like we are able to really start getting our guests into it now!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i am working and running like crazy!  I will try to post my STD's shortly.  Ended up doing about 80...  FMIL keeps sending me more addresses :)  I am having a hard time deciding when to send out formal invites.  I was thinking nov-feb... What's better before or after the holidays?  Dresses I am thinking August (we might be moving in a few months) ... but I am getting excited to try on dresses.  I like the Maggie Sotero dresses, but trying to stay on a budget as well.  I like the lace layer on top- not sure if i want strapless or not?! I want to lok for bridesmaid dresses now, before next spring.  Maybe grab a slae at end of season?  

 

I am also having a hard time deciding if i want to go barefoot or wear shoes? what about after?  any thoughts ladies?

 

 

Originally Posted by ChocoTaco7568 View Post

Originally Posted by bride81 View Post

I would love to see your shells when you get them.  Did you decide who is going to carry them?  

I FINALLY finished my STD'S!!!!  People are loving the boarding pass.  Now, whats the next step?  Dress shopping?  When are you ladies sending out formal invites?
[/queote]
Woohoo! Are you going to post a pics of your STDs? Our invites are going out by the end of the month or beginning of July. We want our guests to get the formal invite around 10 months out.

You should definitely start dress shopping in the next couple of months. Do you have any styles in mind?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by bride81 View Post

 

i am working and running like crazy!  I will try to post my STD's shortly.  Ended up doing about 80...  FMIL keeps sending me more addresses :)  I am having a hard time deciding when to send out formal invites.  I was thinking nov-feb... What's better before or after the holidays?  Dresses I am thinking August (we might be moving in a few months) ... but I am getting excited to try on dresses.  I like the Maggie Sotero dresses, but trying to stay on a budget as well.  I like the lace layer on top- not sure if i want strapless or not?! I want to lok for bridesmaid dresses now, before next spring.  Maybe grab a slae at end of season?  

 

I am also having a hard time deciding if i want to go barefoot or wear shoes? what about after?  any thoughts ladies?

 

 

I'm going barefoot for the ceremony and wearing sandals for the reception just because the reception floor is wood. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by allieplask View Post

 

seems like a lot of you have sent our STD's already.. we sent out my side of the family and my FI should be going out early next week (his mom passed away at the end of april and we wanted to leave a decent enough amount of time between those thank you cards and our STD's).

 

anyways, have a lot of your guests started booking yet? i know airfare isn't available until the beginning of july, i just wanted to get an idea of when people will start to book... a lot of our wedding depends on how many people will be coming and idk when i will be able to guage that..

 

also, when is everyone sending out formal invites or are you not doing formal invites?

 I haven't sent our STD's out yet.. I'm hoping to get them out in the next two weeks though. :o

 

We are doing invites (Passport ones) I will probably get those out around September..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×