Photo

What shoes do guys wear with linen pants?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Tia529

Tia529
  • 76 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 06:52 AM

My fiance and the groomsmen are wearing linen suits, and he's picked out a tan pair of Sperry's to wear with them.  I'm really undecided about how they look together.

What shoes are your guys wearing with their linen pants?

#2 ChocoTaco7568

ChocoTaco7568
    • 955 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 07:19 AM

I think you are options are really open here. I’ve seena lot of different combinations that I think work nicely. Maybe a few important question to ask  might be: are you getting married in the sand? How formal or informal do you want your wedding to be? What are your groomsmen wearing, is coordination in footwear a requirement?

My Fi will also be wearing a linen suit, and he’s torn between wearing these cognac leather chuck taylors that he found and loves or purchasing a nice pair of dark brown leather thong sandals. 

I think Sperry’s will work nicely.  Have you had a chance to see the whole look put together? If not, this might help you decide.

#3 mrlddst

mrlddst
      • 222 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 08:03 AM

OMG...I have been racking my brain for days about this!  My FI is against any type of sandal. He hates his feet.  We are choosing between Sperrys and Driving Mocs.  I think the Sperry's will fare better in the heat as the moccasins might get sweaty due to the leather. 

Its done.....you can read my planning journal or the review...long over due.

http://www.bestdesti...ego-bay-jamaica

#4 Vanessa56

Vanessa56
        • 72 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 08:46 AM

Mi FI also refuses to wear any type of sandal.  He has decided that he will be wearing formal brown shoes with his suit.

#5 miwakostory

miwakostory
          • 59 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 04:53 PM

The leather chucks sound really cute!!

Originally Posted by ChocoTaco7568 

I think you are options are really open here. I’ve seena lot of different combinations that I think work nicely. Maybe a few important question to ask  might be: are you getting married in the sand? How formal or informal do you want your wedding to be? What are your groomsmen wearing, is coordination in footwear a requirement?

My Fi will also be wearing a linen suit, and he’s torn between wearing these cognac leather chuck taylors that he found and loves or purchasing a nice pair of dark brown leather thong sandals. 

I think Sperry’s will work nicely.  Have you had a chance to see the whole look put together? If not, this might help you decide.

#6 miwakostory

miwakostory
            • 59 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 04:56 PM

My FI and the groomsmen are all going barefoot for the ceremony.  My FI and one of the groomsmen are wearing Ralph Lauren Polo sneakers in khaki/white. He is also bringing down a pair of light brown dress shoes.

#7 DwBride2Be

DwBride2Be
              • 190 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 06:04 PM

My man and groomsmen are going to wear different colored converse sneakers, it'll be fun and bright which is my theme

#8 kristinalilly

kristinalilly
                • 182 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 07:43 PM

:) My boyfriend's great plan is to wear a super formal suit with sandals in Mexico in August... I'm hoping he's going to rethink this as the wedding gets closer :)

#9 KCDawn

KCDawn
                  • Site Supporter
                  • 242 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 04:14 AM

Haha!  I have no idea what my Fiance is wearing on his feet yet.  Of course, he's planning on a linen suit with no tie so I think I could be ok with sandals.  With a formal suit?  Not so much.  :-)  Good luck on that one!

Originally Posted by kristinalilly 

:) My boyfriend's great plan is to wear a super formal suit with sandals in Mexico in August... I'm hoping he's going to rethink this as the wedding gets closer :)

#10 miwakostory

miwakostory
                    • 59 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 10:03 AM

That was my first option. I love that idea!!  You must post pictures after your wedding!

Originally Posted by DwBride2Be 

My man and groomsmen are going to wear different colored converse sneakers, it'll be fun and bright which is my theme

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users