5307 replies to this topic

#971 bmelko

bmelko
  • Site Supporter
  • 92 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 05:16 PM

If any of you ladies are interested in this, it's good for the next 4 days:

http://www.groupon.c...print-detroit-1

It is $70 worth from vistaprint for only $17.  I got this same deal a month or so ago to get my OOT bags for my guests.  I got some really, really cute ones for only $2 each - and they are $13 or something each originally.  I also got my magnets from here.  I'm really happy with everything I've gotten from them.  

Anything to save us money, eh? :)  Happy planning!

#972 mic813

mic813
    • Site Supporter
    • 44 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by ChocoTaco7568 

Quote:

For clarifiation, photographers are not consider vendors; only wedding day passes are required.

That's great.  Thanks.  I also considering using a local florist.  They suggested having the flowers delivered to my mom (she can meet them at the door) and saying my mom bought them as a gift to me and therefore avoiding the vendor fee.

Has anyone else tried this?

#973 chantal09

chantal09
      • 192 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by mic813 

That's great.  Thanks.  I also considering using a local florist.  They suggested having the flowers delivered to my mom (she can meet them at the door) and saying my mom bought them as a gift to me and therefore avoiding the vendor fee.

Has anyone else tried this?

I just (finally) got a quote back from one of the companies I emailed over a month ago asking for a quote and it came back just as expensive as the hotel..

#974 Jenntim311

Jenntim311
        • 39 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by chantal09 

I just (finally) got a quote back from one of the companies I emailed over a month ago asking for a quote and it came back just as expensive as the hotel..

Wow! I have contacted Maya floral but have not gotten as far as pricing. Who did you get the quote from? I heard that Vanesa James is very good, but her min is like $1500!

#975 Jenntim311

Jenntim311
          • 39 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 09:59 AM

Hello  brides!! I am trying to envision the space of carnival terrace set up for a reception. I asked Pilar to send me some pics of the terraces set up, which she did send a few, but I still can't get a good idea of where the dance floor is positioned and the cake table ect. I was going to do one long table, but I think I want to set it up in a different way to encourage more mingling and fun! Does any past brides or soon to be brides have any pics they can share or ideas on how they plan on setting up their reception on the carnival terrace. Any help would be appreciated:)

#976 marie122083

marie122083
            • 8 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 10:15 AM

i also contacted 2 local florists and only one has replied already and they were more expensive than the hotel...they claimed it was the type of flowers i wanted which were hydrangeas and peonies

#977 Jenntim311

Jenntim311
              • 39 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by marie122083 

i also contacted 2 local florists and only one has replied already and they were more expensive than the hotel...they claimed it was the type of flowers i wanted which were hydrangeas and peonies

I am not crazy about any of the bouquets that the packages at Now Jade offer. I wonder if they charge more if you change the flowers out, in which case, maybe it is cheaper at a local florist? Who did you contact for quotes?

#978 mic813

mic813
                • Site Supporter
                • 44 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by Jenntim311 

Wow! I have contacted Maya floral but have not gotten as far as pricing. Who did you get the quote from? I heard that Vanesa James is very good, but her min is like $1500!

I am thinking of doing Cala Lillies.  

I was quoted - bridal bouquet - 80usd

- bridemaids bouquet - 40usd
                  - wrist corsage - 18 usd
                  - buttoniere - 12usd
                    from FloreriaRiviera.com.  

#979 lwynn3617

lwynn3617
                  • 29 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by khunt29 

Hi,

Pilar quoted $65 per photographer for a day pass.  So if 2 people come to do the photos, that's $130.00.

You don't have to pay the fee if you are bringing a friend who is staying at the resort as part of your group.

#980 kelseyfanning

kelseyfanning
                    • 23 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by bmelko 

If any of you ladies are interested in this, it's good for the next 4 days:

http://www.groupon.c...print-detroit-1

It is $70 worth from vistaprint for only $17.  I got this same deal a month or so ago to get my OOT bags for my guests.  I got some really, really cute ones for only $2 each - and they are $13 or something each originally.  I also got my magnets from here.  I'm really happy with everything I've gotten from them.  

Anything to save us money, eh? :)  Happy planning!

Wow..... you just saved me a TON of money.... Thanks so much. I totally recommend Vista Print to at least to do At Home Reception Invitations

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users