OFFICIAL NOW Jade Wedding Thread

• Please log in to reply
5307 replies to this topic

#391 khunt29

khunt29
  • 351 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 05:20 AM

Originally Posted by Vika 

Has anyone had a photobooth at their wedding? How much was it?

DId they give a strip for the guests to keep and one for the guest book?

i would love to know about this too!

#392 khunt29

khunt29
    • 351 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 05:25 AM

Originally Posted by KatieJ 

Hey Ladies,

Sorry to ask again, but no one responded:( Has anyone used the resort photographer? i am so torn on what i am going to do about photography, but i want to know how other brides found the quality of their pictures? Thanks or any photography advice would be welcome!!!

Hi There,

From what I have read, Adventure Photos is just...ok.   Here's their link: http://www.adventure...adp-contact-us/

We personally have hired Photos in Cancun (can't wait!) to cover us for 5 hours, including getting ready pics, ceremony, wedding party/family shots, and some dinner hopefully (speeches etc, first dance) and are using the resort photog for reception/more casual pics- I have also read that you can use them for the night before if you want, or for a TTD session the next day....I think the old "You get what you pay for" might apply, so we are leaving it to Derek & Lorena to capture our day!   And also- Pilar will NOT swap out photography for anything else, we tried :S

Hope that helps!

#393 khunt29

khunt29
      • 351 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 05:31 AM

Your pictures are beautiful!  This is probably a silly question, but do we need to bring our own paper lanterns for the Bamboo Room, or do they supply those?

Originally Posted by Matt Adcock 

Hola Vika,

Yes, our last wedding was coordinated by Deisy. Pilar and her make a great team and are on top of their game!! Check out these images:

Hola Vika,

Yes, our last wedding was coordinated by Deisy. Pilar and her make a great team and are on top of their game!! Check out these images:

You can view the entire slideshow here: Janet + Wei

Need any help? We have done 5+ weddings there so far (this year alone)! Feel free to contact our team anytime: http://www.delsolphotography.com/blog

Happy Planning!!

#394 khunt29

khunt29
        • 351 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 05:47 AM

Originally Posted by khunt29 

Hi There,

From what I have read, Adventure Photos is just...ok.   Here's their link: http://www.adventure...adp-contact-us/

We personally have hired Photos in Cancun (can't wait!) to cover us for 5 hours, including getting ready pics, ceremony, wedding party/family shots, and some dinner hopefully (speeches etc, first dance) and are using the resort photog for reception/more casual pics- I have also read that you can use them for the night before if you want, or for a TTD session the next day....I think the old "You get what you pay for" might apply, so we are leaving it to Derek & Lorena to capture our day!   And also- Pilar will NOT swap out photography for anything else, we tried :S

Hope that helps!

Actually- I just checked out their website, they don't look that bad!   But you only get 25 printed images and I think only 100 on disc, maybe?

#395 Mlite83

Mlite83
          • 384 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 06:36 AM

Actually- I just checked out their website, they don't look that bad!   But you only get 25 printed images and I think only 100 on disc, maybe?

There are options to buy more - I think a previous bride said she bought all the photos for a few hundred bucks.  Also I have read that if you extend the time you need the photographer for it is not as expensive as the Now Jade booklet says, again I think the bride said it was only $100 an hour above the first hour included in the package. 

#396 Mlite83

Mlite83
            • 384 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 06:37 AM

Your pictures are beautiful!  This is probably a silly question, but do we need to bring our own paper lanterns for the Bamboo Room, or do they supply those?

I would assume you should bring your own down to save $$.  Ask Pilar for a quote but I bet buying them at home will be cheaper...

#397 kitkat863

kitkat863
              • 243 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 07:29 AM

Hi There,

Hope that helps!

I think she is more laid back about things once you are down there. I was able to swap things out. Also, once we paid our final bill she had given us a photographer credit since we didn't use them for anything. I'm not sure if this is common or not but I didn't question it.

#398 kitkat863

kitkat863
                • 243 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 07:33 AM

If you want more pictures than that it would probably be better just to book an outside photographer. I have heard that their prices are very high for add ons and you basically end up spending the same amount (depending on your budget) you would have if you booked a different photographer. I had emailed several photographers and I ended up booking Gonzalo Nunez which was the best decision that I had made. He was very affordable and his pictures are amazing. I highly recommend looking into other photographers if you can swing it financially.

#399 Matt Adcock

Matt Adcock
                  • Vendor
                  • 1,243 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 09:06 AM

Hola Khunt29,

I'm pretty sure Pilar can offer you the paper lanterns to avoid bringing them with you but you can also purchase them at home.

Good luck!

#400 emilyj

emilyj
                    • 40 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 10:32 AM

I am in the process of booking my 2013 wedding at NOW Jade!! So exciting!

Can someone please tell me how much time is included with the photographer in the Divine package. Do they come while getting ready and stay until the reception or is that extra? THANKS!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users