5307 replies to this topic

#2541 TFinlay

TFinlay
  • Site Supporter
  • 57 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by ChocoTaco7568 

Quote:

Kind of jealy right now. This wasn't in our budget for a week and we didn't think it was worth going for 3-4 days and then have to deal with relocating a second time.  But we'll keep it on our to-do list for an anniversary trip

It helps that we're travelling during more of an "off" season. I will definitely give a review when I get back so you will know if it's worth it for the anniversary. 

#2542 CassidyKristen

CassidyKristen
    • 29 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 02:37 PM

We are leaving tomorrow for Now Jade.. did our legal paperwork this morning and our wedding is on Monday, April 29th! I can't believe it is finally here :) I will share my review when we return. My biggest concern is getting through the airport with my wedding dress and 6 month old son.

#2543 EJay2013

EJay2013
      • Site Supporter
      • 53 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 05:17 PM

I spoke with Pilar and she said she I could use the hour of photography for rehearsal dinner. If she did not provide it in writing still be willing to force your request. I had her put it in writing, but I called everyday until I spoke with her directly( 2days). She was very unresponsive via email.

#2544 EJay2013

EJay2013
        • Site Supporter
        • 53 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by Nicole Graf 

Oh yay! More inconsistencies. I finally got a response from Pilar. Will post it later when I am on my laptop. From what I remember, you will pay for iPod set-up for the ceremony even if you have a dj for the reception. Then, what pissed me off the most is that you have to pay $40 if you want them to re-use your chair sashes for the reception or you have to provide double. Super annoying. Oh, and you can't use your hour photography whenever, only for the ceremony. WTF! The rest I forget but I will post it later. 

As a tip for everyone, I put numbers in front of all my questions and Pilar answered every single one of them. :)

I spoke with Pilar and she said she I could use the hour of photography for rehearsal dinner. If she did not provide it in writing still be willing to force your request. I had her put it in writing, but I called everyday until I spoke with her directly( 2days). She was very unresponsive via email.

#2545 Brandi Kohler

Brandi Kohler
          • 91 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by annettea1021 

Wow that rate is awesome!!! When are you getting married? I am currently working with Wright Travel and working with Wendy. I hope she can get me that good of a rate!

We are getting married October 19th and can't wait.  

#2546 EJay2013

EJay2013
            • Site Supporter
            • 53 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by ChocoTaco7568 

Yes, all the items that you both listed must be declared

Originally Posted by shannonmarie 

Tova,

Your less than a month away now! Are you ready?!

Can't wait until your wedding review Tova and Shannon! I have received a lot of information from each of you!!!

#2547 khunt29

khunt29
              • 351 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 07:50 PM

Just booked our honeymoon week... Secrets Maroma. We're so excited. Hopefully it's as nice as all of the reviews have said.

So exciting! A friend of mine went in Feb and lovvvvvved it. We just booked at Paradisus La Perla :) Hi! I just booked there for our honeymoon as well! I heard it is a gorgeous resort! Congrats!

#2548 khunt29

khunt29
                • 351 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 07:54 PM

Good luck! Can't wait to hear all about it!

#2549 khunt29

khunt29
                  • 351 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 07:57 PM

eeeeek we leave in 4 weeks from yesterday!!! Had a half hour call w Pilar yesterday and I'm feeling pretty good. A word of advice, her written communication is far worse than her verbal, so I highly recommend arranging a phone call with her to hash out details. She is very thorough and followed up with an email. I have found that if I have been very directive in my emails, she is very clear. One thing about the resort photog, as I have seen a few posts lately...we have hired Derek Campbell (PIC)

#2550 khunt29

khunt29
                    • 351 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 07:59 PM

Oops clicked too early We have hired PIC for our photos so we aren't using the resort photog for the wedding. Pilar said we could use him for something else but for one hour only. So we're thinking of having him cover one hour of our dancing, or if not then she suggested a photo shoot another time, either for us or for our guests. Just something to think about, she said he has done beach "photo shoots" with guests in the past, so that's an option..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users