Jump to content

Photo

OFFICIAL NOW Jade Wedding Thread


  • Please log in to reply
5307 replies to this topic

#2471 Brandi Kohler

Brandi Kohler
  • Newbie
  • 91 posts

    Posted 18 April 2013 - 10:59 AM

    What Pilar told me was the it is $15 extra per every person over the amount included in your package (10 for Your Moments and 25 for Eternity or Divine), and that is for the appetizers and cocktails.  So, if you have the Eternity, and you are having 50 guests, it is $15 each for the next 25 people in the package over the 25 original.  But, I have also heard that a lot of people don't up the appetizer amount to the full number of people.



    #2472 hortonk

    hortonk
    • Newbie
    • 87 posts

      Posted 18 April 2013 - 11:05 AM

      Originally Posted by Brandi Kohler 

      What Pilar told me was the it is $15 extra per every person over the amount included in your package (10 for Your Moments and 25 for Eternity or Divine), and that is for the appetizers and cocktails.  So, if you have the Eternity, and you are having 50 guests, it is $15 each for the next 25 people in the package over the 25 original.  But, I have also heard that a lot of people don't up the appetizer amount to the full number of people.

      I do not want any appitizers or Hors  d'oeuvres for the cocktail hour or at the reception as I would have to pay for these for an additional 55 people and it is not worth it to me. I just want to make sure that I am not going to have to pay 15.00 per person plus tax for an additional 55 guests for 3 hours of the reception.



      #2473 hortonk

      hortonk
      • Newbie
      • 87 posts

        Posted 18 April 2013 - 11:06 AM

        Originally Posted by hortonk 

        I do not want any appitizers or Hors  d'oeuvres for the cocktail hour or at the reception as I would have to pay for these for an additional 55 people and it is not worth it to me. I just want to make sure that I am not going to have to pay 15.00 per person plus tax for an additional 55 guests for 3 hours of the reception.

        for drinks- let me clarify lol!



        #2474 Michellelepore1

        Michellelepore1
        • Newbie
        • 75 posts

          Posted 18 April 2013 - 11:33 AM

          Originally Posted by remykion 

          Hi Michellelepore1

           

          How exciting!! it wont be long now.  Awww thats nice of you, yea let me know what you decide and at least I can bare that as an option.

           

          How are your plans coming along, do you have your Dress?  I am really organised this end but as for over there I know what I want up until the cocktail hour and then im a little stumbled for the reception, I am happy to reserve a restaurant but not sure what food everyone is going to like? i am hoping Pilar will give me some inspiration on choice of restaurant (as long as we all have a group sit down meal thats fine)

           

          xx


          So far plans are going good, I did get my dress back in December, I LOVE IT! Did you get yours? I think if you email Pilar she can send you all the restaurant options for the reception!



          #2475 Brandi Kohler

          Brandi Kohler
          • Newbie
          • 91 posts

            Posted 18 April 2013 - 11:48 AM

            Quick question?  Why have the cocktail hour then?  I am only wondering.  No, you shouldn't have to pay the extra $15 per person for the reception, but you will have to pay for their chair and obviously their meal.  It seems silly considering its an all inclusive.



            #2476 Brandi Kohler

            Brandi Kohler
            • Newbie
            • 91 posts

              Posted 18 April 2013 - 11:53 AM

              When going to customs once in Mexico, are you declaring all of your wedding decorations?  We are bringing our paper lanterns, sashes and table runners, but I'm not sure if we have to declare them.  Does anyone know?



              #2477 hortonk

              hortonk
              • Newbie
              • 87 posts

                Posted 18 April 2013 - 12:17 PM

                Originally Posted by Brandi Kohler 

                Quick question?  Why have the cocktail hour then?  I am only wondering.  No, you shouldn't have to pay the extra $15 per person for the reception, but you will have to pay for their chair and obviously their meal.  It seems silly considering its an all inclusive.

                We will stil have a cocktail hour because the guests will still be able to get drinks at the blue beach bar without having to pay the extra money....i was assuming...?? We dont need Hors  d'oeuvres because we will be going into dinner right after.  I obviously am aware of the dinner fee for above and beyond the 25 people for the divine package, but I was not aware that I would have to pay $15.00 per person per hour for cocktails at the reception. This is what I am trying to confirm...



                #2478 hortonk

                hortonk
                • Newbie
                • 87 posts

                  Posted 18 April 2013 - 12:49 PM

                  Okay I can relax now. I called Pilar (seems to be the way to communicate, even though I hate botherinig her this far out) anyway, she confirmed that the "cocktail per person per hour" charge is for appitzers etc....Not sure why it is listed as cocktails and why she imput that into my spreadsheet but I can relax now knowing that I will not be paying an arm and a leg just for drink service at the reception! PHEW, seriously anyone who thinks that planning a destination wedding is cheap, stressfree, or easy is SO wrong lol!



                  #2479 khunt29

                  khunt29
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 351 posts

                    Posted 18 April 2013 - 04:33 PM

                    Hey Ladies! I can't believe how fast time is flying! My bridal shower is this wknd, bachelorette next wknd.....eeee!!!

                    #2480 remykion

                    remykion
                    • Newbie
                    • 124 posts
                    • Wedding Date:November 1, 2013
                    • Wedding Location:Now jade
                    • LocationMexico

                    Posted 19 April 2013 - 02:37 AM

                    Originally Posted by Michellelepore1 


                    So far plans are going good, I did get my dress back in December, I LOVE IT! Did you get yours? I think if you email Pilar she can send you all the restaurant options for the reception!

                     

                    Yes i purchased my dress in January, I LOVE mine too I cant wait to wear it!!  i will go back in august for a fitting so working hard on the Abs and trying to lose a few pounds lol.  Funnily enough Pilar emailed me this morning, i normally go through my wedding planner here in the UK but out of the blue she emailed me so I have sent her a detailed list of extra's and a plan of how we would like the day to pan out.

                     

                    Fingers Crossed it is all within our budget :-)

                     

                    xxx






                    0 user(s) are reading this topic

                    0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users