• Please log in to reply
5307 replies to this topic

#2051 ironman

ironman
  • 320 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 06:26 AM

Originally Posted by khunt29 

Hi Michelle,

Pilar told us we can choose from any menu since we got the Divine pkg.  We did exactly that- same salad and soup, choice of two entrees, plus a veggie option.   Same dessert for all. Here are the menus:

Do you need to pay money to the site to be able to download the attachments? I'd be really interested to see what is in these!

Attached Files

#2052 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
    • 11,659 posts
    • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 21 March 2013 - 06:59 AM

Originally Posted by ironman 

Do you need to pay money to the site to be able to download the attachments? I'd be really interested to see what is in these!

To be able to download attachments you need to be have reached "jr. member" or higher status on the forum.

The attachments are a way to reward members that contribute more to the forum. Downloads are a huge resource hog and very taxing on the server so we do not want people to just download templates whenever they want. It causes the forum to run very slowly and is very resource intensive.

If you do NOT have enough posts to download a template, it means you are not active enough.  This does not mean that it is ok to spam the forum with the same post.  That is considered spam and also a bannable offense.

Please do not ask for members to send you templates or downloads either on the forum or by PM. It is very time consuming for the member to send their downloads to everyone by email. That is why they are uploaded to the forum.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
    Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
    Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
    Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
    sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
    Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#2053 UMassRN007

UMassRN007
    • 230 posts
    • Wedding Date:January 18, 2014
    • Wedding Location:Now Jade
    • LocationBoston, MA

Posted 21 March 2013 - 07:03 AM

I guess i'm a little bit confused...the package PDF that I've received has the DJ option listed for 4 hours, but I am reading hear that the reception block is now only 3 hours unless you want to pay $15pp to extend. So if you don't extend, is their a different DJ option?? I hate that they're making all of these changes lately. By the time I get married it's going to be down to a 2 hour reception... I'm almost contemplating just bringing my ipod, if I do, do they have a microphone available with the rental? 

#2054 khunt29

khunt29
    • 351 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 07:08 AM

Originally Posted by Jinele Fracasso 

So they let you have the cake for just the 25 people and didnt charge you the extra per person, i was told i didnt have a choice.... I dont want to pay extra for cake, or champagne toast ! But the quote is basically telling me i have to. They are also charging me for coctail hour for all my extra guests. And since I have 60+ guests this is all adding up !!!!

We opted out of increasing the cake and the hors d'oeuvres as well as the champagne without a problem!  Just email Pilar back and tell her not to increase and she'll take it off your invoice, she did for us :)

Kristen

#2055 shannonmarie

shannonmarie
      • 683 posts
      • Wedding Date:June 14, 2013
      • Wedding Location:Now Jade Rivera Cancun - Pergola
      • LocationCharlotte, North Carolina

Posted 21 March 2013 - 07:10 AM

Originally Posted by UMassRN007 

I guess i'm a little bit confused...the package PDF that I've received has the DJ option listed for 4 hours, but I am reading hear that the reception block is now only 3 hours unless you want to pay $15pp to extend. So if you don't extend, is their a different DJ option?? I hate that they're making all of these changes lately. By the time I get married it's going to be down to a 2 hour reception... I'm almost contemplating just bringing my ipod, if I do, do they have a microphone available with the rental? 

From my understanding the receptions have always been 3 hours, with the option to extend $15 per person per hour. I believe the 4 hour DJ option is there in case you do decide to extend your reception it would be cheaper than paying hourly. The hourly rate is $350 per hour.

62 guest booked, plus Bride and Groom!

#2056 khunt29

khunt29
      • 351 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 07:14 AM

Originally Posted by UMassRN007 

Hey,

We were told that the reception, including dinner, is 3 hours total.  The DJ isn't included in the pkg anymore, you can only substitute it instead of using the live music- but PIlar will only give you TWO hours of DJ service, and you have to pay to extend it.  $15/pp is to extend the ROOM itself and the staff that come with it, I'm not sure about the additional cost to have the actual DJ there.  I'm sure that's extra, as everything seems to be :(

So we've ended up with a 7pm dinner (using an ipad for dinner music AND paying $150 to rent a sound system for it), and then 2 hours of DJ service after dinner- which totally sucks.  I hope the disco is open!

Kristen

#2057 UMassRN007

UMassRN007
        • 230 posts
        • Wedding Date:January 18, 2014
        • Wedding Location:Now Jade
        • LocationBoston, MA

Posted 21 March 2013 - 07:39 AM

Originally Posted by khunt29 

Hey,

We were told that the reception, including dinner, is 3 hours total.  The DJ isn't included in the pkg anymore, you can only substitute it instead of using the live music- but PIlar will only give you TWO hours of DJ service, and you have to pay to extend it.  $15/pp is to extend the ROOM itself and the staff that come with it, I'm not sure about the additional cost to have the actual DJ there.  I'm sure that's extra, as everything seems to be :(

So we've ended up with a 7pm dinner (using an ipad for dinner music AND paying $150 to rent a sound system for it), and then 2 hours of DJ service after dinner- which totally sucks.  I hope the disco is open!

Kristen

Thank you for clarifying! :)  

#2058 Kal520

Kal520
        • 104 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 08:06 AM

I just made our appointment for our legal ceremony at home before we go to Mexico. It was so hard coordinating schedules with the courthouse, my fianc©, myself and our two witnesses on a weekday I had to call about 4 different times. it makes you wonder how people randomly spur of the moment get married?!? Lol

#2059 AnaSteele58

AnaSteele58
          • 381 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 08:12 AM

Originally Posted by Kal520 

I just made our appointment for our legal ceremony at home before we go to Mexico. It was so hard coordinating schedules with the courthouse, my fianc©, myself and our two witnesses on a weekday I had to call about 4 different times. it makes you wonder how people randomly spur of the moment get married?!? Lol

Yay!  You're one step closer!

#2060 shannonmarie

shannonmarie
            • 683 posts
            • Wedding Date:June 14, 2013
            • Wedding Location:Now Jade Rivera Cancun - Pergola
            • LocationCharlotte, North Carolina

Posted 21 March 2013 - 08:15 AM

Originally Posted by Kal520 

That's awesome that you could make an appointment! I'm pretty sure our courthouse told us it's first come first serve! Now I want to call back and check!

62 guest booked, plus Bride and Groom!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users