OFFICIAL NOW Jade Wedding Thread

• Please log in to reply
5307 replies to this topic

#1961 kelly bennett

kelly bennett
  • 32 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by jc2488 

I had the exact same question for Deisy!

she informed me that the new package for 2013 does not include the Dj and they replaced it with a guitar player or vionlinist.  So the DJ you are paying for separately.

Because of this we changed are times since the reception is only 3 hours

4-5 - Ceremony

5-6 family pic

6-7 - cocktail hour

7-10 - Reception

We might pay the extra fee for the extra hour ..3 hours does not seem like enough time at all.

hi ya, yeh this was my issue too, my ceremony is 4pm-5pm, i think your time scedules is a great idea- i think i will copy you!!!! i also think 3 hours isnt long enough at all- we will defo pay for the extra hour... imagine if you didnt add the family pics hour your reception would finish at 9pm...!!!!!

#1962 Mlite83

Mlite83
    • 384 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by mic813 

Got back on Friday from 11 glorious days and an amazing wedding at the Now Jade.  Like all other previous brides have told you, relax and Pilar and her staff are amazing.  They take of everything and more. I plan on catching up on the thread and answering any questions I can and starting my review this afternoon.

If you have any questions please let me know.  I couldn't have planned a wedding without this thread and want to pay it forward.  No official pictures yet, but here is a candid from my friend

Congrats - looks lovely!!

#1963 khunt29

khunt29
      • 351 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by jc2488 

I had the exact same question for Deisy!

she informed me that the new package for 2013 does not include the Dj and they replaced it with a guitar player or vionlinist.  So the DJ you are paying for separately.

Because of this we changed are times since the reception is only 3 hours

4-5 - Ceremony

5-6 family pic

6-7 - cocktail hour

7-10 - Reception

We might pay the extra fee for the extra hour ..3 hours does not seem like enough time at all.

We are using the DJ in place of the live music, so that's always an option- you only get the DJ for two hours though, so we are using an ipad for the dinner hour, and then the DJ for the remaining two hours.  I agree, three hours is SO short, but budget-wise, we can't do it- that might change once we're there...we'll see!

We have a similar timeline

Ceremony 4pm (the sun sets at 5:30!)

Cocktail Hour 5-7pm - I think offiically only for an hour, but then people can relax for a bit before dinner.

Dinner 7-10pm

#1964 khunt29

khunt29
        • 351 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 09:17 AM

Speaking of DJ, our travel agent told us the Doremixx is no longer available (or will charge a 24% increase in pricing), so the resort now uses Abispl DJ Company.   Has anyone heard of them?

#1965 shannonmarie

shannonmarie
          • 683 posts
          • Wedding Date:June 14, 2013
          • Wedding Location:Now Jade Rivera Cancun - Pergola
          • LocationCharlotte, North Carolina

Posted 18 March 2013 - 09:37 AM

Speaking of DJ, our travel agent told us the Doremixx is no longer available (or will charge a 24% increase in pricing), so the resort now uses Abispl DJ Company.   Has anyone heard of them?  

Kristen, Does this apply even if we already have him booked?

62 guest booked, plus Bride and Groom!

#1966 khunt29

khunt29
          • 351 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by shannonmarie 

Quote:
            Originally Posted by khunt29 

Kristen,
            Does this apply even if we already have him booked?

I don't know :(  It really sucks too, because I never specifically asked for him, I just assumed it would be him, as he was contracted with the resort.  Now we're stuck with this company I have never heard of and has no google existence either.

#1967 Vika

Vika
            • Site Supporter
            • 143 posts
            • Wedding Date:March 10, 2013
            • Wedding Location:Now Jade

Posted 18 March 2013 - 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by mic813 

Got back on Friday from 11 glorious days and an amazing wedding at the Now Jade.  Like all other previous brides have told you, relax and Pilar and her staff are amazing.  They take of everything and more. I plan on catching up on the thread and answering any questions I can and starting my review this afternoon.

If you have any questions please let me know.  I couldn't have planned a wedding without this thread and want to pay it forward.  No official pictures yet, but here is a candid from my friend

congrats!!!! i looked for you a couple of times, but saw your bridesmaids instead lol!!! i watched the ceremony from our balcony! it was so lovely! :)

#1968 Vika

Vika
            • Site Supporter
            • 143 posts
            • Wedding Date:March 10, 2013
            • Wedding Location:Now Jade

Posted 18 March 2013 - 09:53 AM

I also just got married last week. Deisy and Pilar took care of everything! they were amazing!!! I brought 3 suitcases full of wedding stuff and they managed to decorate and do exactly what I asked. They are very organize. I wish I can relive the day again. Will start working on a review shortly.

here is a photo one of the guests took

#1969 shannonmarie

shannonmarie
            • 683 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by khunt29 

We are using the DJ in place of the live music, so that's always an option- you only get the DJ for two hours though, so we are using an ipad for the dinner hour, and then the DJ for the remaining two hours.  I agree, three hours is SO short, but budget-wise, we can't do it- that might change once we're there...we'll see!

We have a similar timeline

Ceremony 4pm (the sun sets at 5:30!)

Cocktail Hour 5-7pm - I think offiically only for an hour, but then people can relax for a bit before dinner.

Dinner 7-10pm

Kristen,

Do you mean the sun sets at 7:30?

#1970 shannonmarie

shannonmarie
            • 683 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 09:58 AM

Mic813 & Vika,

Your photos are beautiful! Congrats to you both! Can't wait to read your reviews!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users