Photo

OFFICIAL NOW Jade Wedding Thread

• Please log in to reply
5307 replies to this topic

#1631 megp

megp
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 08:13 PM

Let me know if the following attachments work for you all.  I should be attaching what I'm calling the "Wedding Book" as well as the Now Jade Spa Price list. [ATTACHMENT=13352]SPA_PRICE_LIST_NOW_ENG._NUEVA.pdf (1,206k. pdf file)[/ATTACHMENT] [ATTACHMENT=13353]NOW JADE 2012 - 2013 WEDDING INFORMATION.pdf (229k. pdf file)[/ATTACHMENT]

Hi! Could you email this to me map33_@hotmail.com? Thanks!

#1632 AtoZ

AtoZ
    • Site Supporter
    • 36 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 09:06 PM

Hi everyone,     I have been reading this thread as I am considering Now Jade for my destination wedding. I recently got a quote for one week incl flight for 1900 and was wondering what other people's guests paid for one week incl flight? I don't know if this is a reasonable quote or not.....the quote is for a flight out of Vancouver, BC. Hope you don't mind me asking! Thanks.

I'm still waiting for my quote but I sure hope it isn't that high! (That's the price I was quoted for Azul Sensatori.) Who did you get your quote from, if you mind me asking?

#1633 juicybride

juicybride
      • 76 posts
      • Wedding Date:January 31, 2014
      • Wedding Location:NOW JADE
      • LocationCanada

Posted 22 February 2013 - 09:45 PM

Hi everyone,     I have been reading this thread as I am considering Now Jade for my destination wedding. I recently got a quote for one week incl flight for 1900 and was wondering what other people's guests paid for one week incl flight? I don't know if this is a reasonable quote or not.....the quote is for a flight out of Vancouver, BC. Hope you don't mind me asking! Thanks.

That seems a bit high. I have a friend flying out of Alberta for $1550 after tax.

#1634 kaliellis10

kaliellis10
      • 22 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 10:39 PM

Hi AtoZ,

I got my quote from destinationweddings.com my TA is Susan Jenkins......

#1635 kaliellis10

kaliellis10
        • 22 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by juicybride 

That seems a bit high. I have a friend flying out of Alberta for $1550 after tax.

Hi Juicybride,

What booking agency did your friend use? 

#1636 Dbrowndiva

Dbrowndiva
          • 22 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 10:48 PM

Congrads...

Do you mind if I ask you a few questions . 1)  what package if any did you get . 2) WHere the flowers on the gazebo included in your package. 3) if not included how much were they

#1637 Mlite83

Mlite83
            • 384 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by Dbrowndiva 

Congrads...

Do you mind if I ask you a few questions . 1)  what package if any did you get . 2) WHere the flowers on the gazebo included in your package. 3) if not included how much were they

We went with the Divine package ($3K) - the medallions (flowers on pergola) are included in the package...the book says $180 (for 2) so maybe if you go with the lower package they aren't included. 

#1638 leka4581

leka4581
              • Site Supporter
              • 20 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 08:49 AM

Hi everyone, I am a Now jade bride also and this thread has been so helpful!  We're getting married on 9/21/13. 

One question: we're doing the divine wedding package, so how many hot & cold appetizer choices do we have?

#1639 Mlite83

Mlite83
                • 384 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 08:53 AM

Originally Posted by Kal520 

Ok I have another reception question: All along I have been envisioning a dj, but now that we are more sure of guest count (between 20-25) I wonder if it will be weird to have one? What do you all think, anyone have their wedding already with this amount of people? My fianc© thinks it is pointless, but I really like the idea of someone running the show, not just an ipod playing in the background...

We had 35 at our wedding and opted to do an ipod DJ using the resort sound system.  We are very happy we went this away as we took the money a DJ would have cost (~$1000) and put it towards a catamaran cruise for our guests in lieu of traditional favours.  The resort sound system is very good and Pilar set it up near-ish to our MC so she could easily pause or skip songs etc.  The reception flows smoothly (Pilar and Deisy ensure that) so we didn't miss a DJ at all, but we also didn't want to do a bouquet or garter toss since we only had about 4 single guests total, so there wasn't really many instances we needed someone to run the show so to speak.  We got all the important stuff like first dances, speeches, cake cutting out of the way upon entering the Bamboo room (in between meal courses) so when dinner was over it was party time - no interruptions :)

But that being said, it's your day so if it will make you feel better or less stressed than go for it!

#1640 Adrianne

Adrianne
                  • 14 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 11:54 AM

Thanks so much for the recommendation!  Just working out the details but I believe we'll be booked with this company!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users