Jump to content

Photo

2013 Paradisus Palma Real


  • Please log in to reply
954 replies to this topic

#891 angelnjewels

angelnjewels
  • Jr. Member
  • 220 posts

    Posted 30 July 2013 - 03:15 AM

    Originally Posted by Kel123073 

    Thanks!

    Sorry it was a little long....

    The excursions we booked right on the beach in front of the hotel. They provide the hotel with the free kayaks, hobiecats and paddle oats. I think it was scuba caribe. The best part was they picked u up right on the beach. I had done others in the past that come pick you up at hotel on a bus and you have to pick up and drop off at other hotels.... Can take quite a while!

    The spa was great..... I had massages there but not mani pedi, they have no dryers for your nails.

    Thanks Kelly...oh no it was not long...the more we know the better it is for us regarding what to expect.  I am leaving Wednesday March 19 and my wedding will be the 22 so i am thinking of having my nails done at home and then having a mani pedi there or getting tips and then having a pedicure there. 

     

    we are considering the excursion for the honey moon portion of our trip...we will see. I am really thinking on getting the chill out chic package and adding on everything else...i love taylor made but it is not the most reasonable and i was told that the packages will be changing but it hasent happened yet.  

     

    Super stressed out with everything.


    Can't wait to marry my best friend and love of my life...


    #892 EVKnowsitall

    EVKnowsitall
    • Member
    • 593 posts

      Posted 30 July 2013 - 02:12 PM

      Originally Posted by angelnjewels 

      Thanks Kelly...oh no it was not long...the more we know the better it is for us regarding what to expect.  I am leaving Wednesday March 19 and my wedding will be the 22 so i am thinking of having my nails done at home and then having a mani pedi there or getting tips and then having a pedicure there. 

       

      we are considering the excursion for the honey moon portion of our trip...we will see. I am really thinking on getting the chill out chic package and adding on everything else...i love taylor made but it is not the most reasonable and i was told that the packages will be changing but it hasent happened yet.  

       

      Super stressed out with everything.

      Thats a good idea @angelnjewels. I had my nails and toes done at home the day before I left and I had them seal it with gel. It lasted for three weeks, because even when I got back home, I didn't change my nails until my AHR. I reluctantly had tips because my real nails are pretty long but they kept breaking and were uneven. 

       

      Hey Kel- I saw you and your hubby on Arrecifes FB page lol. I was going to write "I know her" lol but I technically don't hahaha

       

      As Kel said- hair and makeup- you don't even have to worry. They did an amazing job. I had Eudice do my hair ad makeup and even my hairstylist in NY could not replicate the gorgeous hairstyle she did. And it lasted through the humidity, sweat, and dancing so big props to her. 


      Happily married to the love of my life- since July 5, 2013

      #893 EVKnowsitall

      EVKnowsitall
      • Member
      • 593 posts

        Posted 30 July 2013 - 02:19 PM

        Originally Posted by luza87 

        Also, I privatized my wedding albums on facebook so here is a slideshow of some of the pictures of our wedding day!

         OMG!!!!!!! 

         

        First- you look gorgeous! I love your dress.

        Second- I love that your husband wore his military blues. 

        Third- You guys look so great together

        Fourth- your new married name is my maiden name! LOL I kinda miss it. I have to learn to love my new last name and also how to sign it. Went to the bank to change my account name and still signed my maiden name lol habit

         

        Congrats, your wedding looked beautiful.


        Happily married to the love of my life- since July 5, 2013

        #894 luza87

        luza87
        • Newbie
        • 70 posts

          Posted 31 July 2013 - 10:54 AM

           OMG!!!!!!!  First- you look gorgeous! I love your dress. Second- I love that your husband wore his military blues.  Third- You guys look so great together Fourth- your new married name is my maiden name! LOL I kinda miss it. I have to learn to love my new last name and also how to sign it. Went to the bank to change my account name and still signed my maiden name lol habit Congrats, your wedding looked beautiful.

          Lol thank you, you're so sweet, you looked beautiful as well! I'm having huge trouble getting used to my new last name, I had to sign something to get a dept of defense ID and I got in trouble because I signed with my maiden name.. That lady was not happy with me :)

          #895 Kel123073

          Kel123073
          • Site Supporter
          • 189 posts

            Posted 01 August 2013 - 01:03 PM

            Sorry for the delayed response, I am working crazy hours th is week! omg Ev that is too funny!  You definitely should have written that. I would have known!

             

            I agree definitely negotiate for everything.... they pretty much always are willing to....

             

             

            One other thing I forgot to mention!  When we first stayed they didn't enforce the closed shoe policy for men at some restaurants.  My cousin asked me in regards to her boyfriend and I said on no you don't need them.  Well now they are enforcing it and my husband didn't have any either.  It is kind of unfortuante, we missed out on several restaurants and the ironic thing is they were literally letting men in wearing sweatpants and sneakers.  Meanwhile my husband had beautiful linen pants and shirts with leather slides and we weren't aloud in.  So let your guests know!!!



            #896 Kel123073

            Kel123073
            • Site Supporter
            • 189 posts

              Posted 01 August 2013 - 01:04 PM

              Oooohhhh and one more thing,  Hold on to and bring along a copy of your pricing at the time of booking.  Prices do change but they are great and do honor your original pricing!



              #897 EVKnowsitall

              EVKnowsitall
              • Member
              • 593 posts

                Posted 02 August 2013 - 07:25 AM

                Originally Posted by Kel123073 

                Sorry for the delayed response, I am working crazy hours th is week! omg Ev that is too funny!  You definitely should have written that. I would have known!

                 

                I agree definitely negotiate for everything.... they pretty much always are willing to....

                 

                 

                One other thing I forgot to mention!  When we first stayed they didn't enforce the closed shoe policy for men at some restaurants.  My cousin asked me in regards to her boyfriend and I said on no you don't need them.  Well now they are enforcing it and my husband didn't have any either.  It is kind of unfortuante, we missed out on several restaurants and the ironic thing is they were literally letting men in wearing sweatpants and sneakers.  Meanwhile my husband had beautiful linen pants and shirts with leather slides and we weren't aloud in.  So let your guests know!!!

                Yea one of our guests couldn't get into Vento because he was wearing linen shorts. He had to go back to his room to put on long pants. I thought he looked fine- it was a linen shirt and shorts with shoes, but he had to change. It wasnt a big deal though. My husband wore these shoes he got from a store called "They Call it Spring"- they look similar to vans- but a little dressier- and he got into all the restaurants wearing them. Then again- he wore long pants and button down guayaberas so when everything is put together it dresses the shoe up. But those who havent traveled yet- definitely have the guys bring one pair of semi-dressy shoes. The girls can get away with almost anything lol


                Happily married to the love of my life- since July 5, 2013

                #898 AmyMai

                AmyMai
                • Newbie
                • 10 posts

                  Posted 02 August 2013 - 02:24 PM

                  Hi Bride buddies! :) 

                  Question: Is Royal Service different from The Reserve???



                  #899 KnC2014

                  KnC2014
                  • Newbie
                  • 27 posts

                    Posted 05 August 2013 - 12:26 PM

                    Hello Brides!

                     

                    I am getting married July 11th 2014 at Jellyfish Restaurant. After much back and forth about what resort to stay in with my guests and changing my mind a million times I finally decided on PPR. I have some questions I hope you ladies can answer

                     

                    I just saw on the paradisus app that gabi beach restaurant is exclusively for royal service and reserve guests. I was under the impression that this was the buffet at the main restaurant and it would be assesible for everyone. What is the name of the buffet?

                     

                    Do all brides automatically get a room upgrade? If so, would the upgrade be to royal service or reserve?

                     

                    Thank you!



                    #900 angelnjewels

                    angelnjewels
                    • Jr. Member
                    • 220 posts

                      Posted 05 August 2013 - 03:09 PM

                      Originally Posted by AmyMai 

                      Hi Bride buddies! :) 

                      Question: Is Royal Service different from The Reserve???

                      Hi amy, 

                       

                      Well Royal service is the adults only portion of the resort. with royals service you are able to access gabi and palazzo along with other private areas of the resort for adults only. The reserve is the family area of the resort (but many people stay there). You would have to take a golf cart from there to get to the main resort and beach areas.  

                       

                      I love the reserve but my fiance and i are thinking of staying in the main building since we have our families and friends staying there. We are going to do royal service instead but may ask to do a few days after at the reserve. 


                      Can't wait to marry my best friend and love of my life...





                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users