Sign in to follow this  
DreaW

Sushi Cooking Class

so one of my b-day presents from Erik is to go tonight to a Sushi cooking class. I can' wait...it starts at 6:30 and Erik is meeting me there after he gets off of work.

I can't wait....I will take pics and post. The place we are taking the class is called Sur La Table.

So much fun :)smile123.gif

Sur la Table is one of my favorite stores in the entire world! And I've actually done a sushi class too! It's so much fun!!! Except it's really hard, and now I really appreciate just eating sushi at the restaurants! I can never get the roll to be tight enough...and a spider roll, don't even get me started!

Let us know how it goes! Yall will have so much fun!

I would love to take that class! Matt and I love sushi. The funny part of that is I dated a Japanese guy for 2+ years and I never tried it, then I start dating an italian and I fall in love with sushi! Hahhahaaha.

Oooh that's very cool. It is more difficult than it looks, but you can get the hang of it fairly quickly with practice. My ex-roomate dated this girl who just moved from Japan and she showed us how to do it a few times...you'll have fun!

FI and I tried it at home (no class) and had a blast! We did a few times, but unless we are having company, have resigned to the restaurant. We just ended up making so much in order to get a little variety. It was a ton of fun though! Let us know how it goes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopels View Post
FI and I tried it at home (no class) and had a blast! We did a few times, but unless we are having company, have resigned to the restaurant. We just ended up making so much in order to get a little variety. It was a ton of fun though! Let us know how it goes!
i did it at home too! there were 3 of us with SO much STUFF!

i didn't know that su la table had sushi classes - i'll have to look into that!

hope you're having fun!