Sushi Cooking Class

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 DreaW

DreaW
  • Banned
  • 2,462 posts

Posted 19 September 2007 - 03:49 PM

so one of my b-day presents from Erik is to go tonight to a Sushi cooking class. I can' wait...it starts at 6:30 and Erik is meeting me there after he gets off of work.
    I can't wait....I will take pics and post. The place we are taking the class is called Sur La Table.

So much fun :)

#2 MsShelley

MsShelley

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 10,366 posts

Posted 19 September 2007 - 03:52 PM

that sounds fun

#3 jak27

jak27
      • 715 posts

Posted 19 September 2007 - 03:58 PM

Sur la Table is one of my favorite stores in the entire world! And I've actually done a sushi class too! It's so much fun!!! Except it's really hard, and now I really appreciate just eating sushi at the restaurants! I can never get the roll to be tight enough...and a spider roll, don't even get me started!

Let us know how it goes! Yall will have so much fun!

#4 Sharonie

Sharonie
        • 557 posts

Posted 19 September 2007 - 05:01 PM

Oh, that sounds like a lot of fun! I've been dying to learn how to make sushi, but just can't make my lazy butt to actually try it. Let us know how it goes. Yum, yum...

#5 boscobel

boscobel
          • VIP Member
          • 24,213 posts

Posted 19 September 2007 - 05:03 PM

I would love to take that class! Matt and I love sushi. The funny part of that is I dated a Japanese guy for 2+ years and I never tried it, then I start dating an italian and I fall in love with sushi! Hahhahaaha.

#6 Natalie Z

Natalie Z
            • 1,430 posts

Posted 19 September 2007 - 05:03 PM

god I'm so jealous!!! I'm craving sushi so bad and i have 7 more months without it!!! Have so much tonight, I can't wait to hear all about it!

#7 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
              • 26,161 posts

Posted 19 September 2007 - 05:59 PM

Oooh that's very cool. It is more difficult than it looks, but you can get the hang of it fairly quickly with practice. My ex-roomate dated this girl who just moved from Japan and she showed us how to do it a few times...you'll have fun!

#8 Spazz

Spazz
                • VIP Member
                • 10,482 posts

Posted 19 September 2007 - 06:02 PM

Yummmm...that sounds so good! I would love to learn how to make sushi. Can't wait to hear how it goes.

#9 Jenn

Jenn
                  • 1,557 posts

Posted 19 September 2007 - 06:20 PM

FI and I tried it at home (no class) and had a blast! We did a few times, but unless we are having company, have resigned to the restaurant. We just ended up making so much in order to get a little variety. It was a ton of fun though! Let us know how it goes!

#10 1elephant

1elephant
                    • VIP Member
                    • 15,998 posts

Posted 19 September 2007 - 07:47 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Hopels
                      FI and I tried it at home (no class) and had a blast! We did a few times, but unless we are having company, have resigned to the restaurant. We just ended up making so much in order to get a little variety. It was a ton of fun though! Let us know how it goes!
                      i did it at home too! there were 3 of us with SO much STUFF!

i didn't know that su la table had sushi classes - i'll have to look into that!

hope you're having fun!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users