Photo

Courtney & Matthew's Iberostar Rose Hall Suites May 4, 2013 Planning Thread

• Please log in to reply
121 replies to this topic

#21 CourtandMatt

CourtandMatt
  • 366 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 04:15 PM

Great!  I am so happy that the timeline is helpful!   And yay for the Suites!!

#22 jleg04

jleg04
    • 17 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 06:39 PM

This has been helpful. Our wedding is August 31, 2013 also at the Suites. Almost a year away yay! I've been really confused about the time frames and I've been teased for doing some things way far in advance. I figure the sooner the better for some things.

You already booked your photographer. Who did you go with? We've had trouble deciding and trying to figure out how soon to do so.

#23 Jenna1511

Jenna1511
      • 209 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 08:17 PM

Everything looks really great so far! So organized! Love the timeline!

#24 Shaylaj

Shaylaj
        • 42 posts
        • Wedding Date:June 7, 2013
        • Wedding Location:Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
        • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 30 August 2012 - 05:25 PM

Courtney your dress is gorg! And thanks for the timeline, it's so helpful!

#25 Ryves

Ryves
        • 157 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 02:15 AM

I love the STD was that by vistaprint?

#26 CourtandMatt

CourtandMatt
          • 366 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by jleg04 

This has been helpful. Our wedding is August 31, 2013 also at the Suites. Almost a year away yay! I've been really confused about the time frames and I've been teased for doing some things way far in advance. I figure the sooner the better for some things.

You already booked your photographer. Who did you go with? We've had trouble deciding and trying to figure out how soon to do so.

Our photographer is Sandy May.  She is from Minnesota (my home state) but lives in Jamaica during the winter months.  I found out about her from another IRHS brides.  I got a lot of quotes from different photographers and she was the best (plus it is just comforting to me to know I can go to her location in the U.S. should there be any issues).  My package is as follows:

Wedding photography includes:

*  Sandy May as photographer for 5 hours, overtime available @ $200 per hour

*  Personal website for on-line viewing, editing, and print ordering on Pictage.com

*  $100 US gift certificate toward prints ordered from Pictage.com

* High resolution disc of all usable photos, color corrected and exposure adjusted with the copyright turned over to you

* Iberostar day pass to be paid by client

Fee...............................................................$ 1,400.00 US

* Trash the dress option available:                             400.00 US
             pass paid by client
            Travel expense of $125

#27 CourtandMatt

CourtandMatt
            • 366 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by Ryves 

I love the STD was that by vistaprint?

Our Save the Date is from NewandBlue.com!

#28 CourtandMatt

CourtandMatt
              • 366 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 05:56 PM

In case anyone is wondering about day of schedules, my wedding photographer following schedule to ensure that we have good pictures (unless of course it is raining):

3:30pm  Photographer arrives.  Takes a few groomsmen photos and then goes to bridal party suite to take photos of the bride putting on dress, finishing make up, and bridesmaids photos. 

4:30pm Ceremony

5:15-6:15pm  Take photos (starting with family, then bridal party, then couple photos) while the rest of the guests go to cocktail hour.  My photographer was very clear about wanting this time period for photos because she indicated that she will get the best light (and some good sunset shots). 

6:30pm - 10:30/11:  Reception

#29 jleg04

jleg04
                • 17 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 06:57 PM

That does sound a lot better than some of the prices I've already been quoted. I will look into that. How far in advance do you think you need to secure  photographer?

#30 CourtandMatt

CourtandMatt
                  • 366 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 06:37 AM

Originally Posted by jleg04 

That does sound a lot better than some of the prices I've already been quoted. I will look into that. How far in advance do you think you need to secure  photographer?

The only big issue is that Sandy actually is only in Jamaica during winter so she will probably be in Minnesota during your wedding time frame.  However, you could always check and see.  I have also seen some great work by photographers on the Iberostar Brides FB page (https://www.facebook...ps/38969678070/). 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users