Photo

Newbie, Moon Palace 2013

• Please log in to reply
614 replies to this topic

#541 ccawley79

ccawley79
  • 27 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 09:16 AM

Hi! Wow, that is a small world! I live in Watertown and work in Boston. I just looked at your wedding review...so amazing! I hope ours goes as well as yours. The pictures were great! :) I am hoping we can have the dinner @ Arrecifies. I'm just waiting to hear back from Renee. She initially said it was a 30 person max. I just noticed your wedding was just in May so could they really have changed the rules already? Hope not. I'd rather not have to pay to decorate another terrace if I can help it at all. We plan to rent lights and a few other things for the reception but I think that will be enough. I just heard back from PSAV and they quoted me just over $1,000 for 4 hours of a dj. Sooo much cheaper than JSAV!

#542 dzaccaria

dzaccaria
    • 148 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 06:49 AM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by ccawley79 

Hi! Wow, that is a small world! I live in Watertown and work in Boston. I just looked at your wedding review...so amazing! I hope ours goes as well as yours. The pictures were great! :)

I am hoping we can have the dinner @ Arrecifies. I'm just waiting to hear back from Renee. She initially said it was a 30 person max. I just noticed your wedding was just in May so could they really have changed the rules already? Hope not. I'd rather not have to pay to decorate another terrace if I can help it at all. We plan to rent lights and a few other things for the reception but I think that will be enough.

I just heard back from PSAV and they quoted me just over $1,000 for 4 hours of a dj. Sooo much cheaper than JSAV!

Im sure your wedding will go just as smoothly, if not BETTER than mine!!

Renee never told me about a 30 person max so you should definitely be able to have the dinner there! Maybe she's referring to inside the restaurant? I could see how there may be a limit inside but not outside!

I loved PSAV! We did the 4 hours of DJ as well and besides our little glitch, that I'm sure you read about in my review, they were awesome!! My guests kept going up and requesting songs throughout the whole night and they played every request!

#543 kaliellis10

kaliellis10
      • 22 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 08:40 AM

How far in advance are you ladies booking your DJ? my wedding is still 7 months away.

#544 leighleigh77

leighleigh77
        • 18 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:57 PM

Hi is psav a preffered vendor? I know with the other DJs you have you pay vendor fee and electricity but they were still working out cheaper than jsav from the brochure I was sent. Kaliellis10 I would be looking to book mine now (8 months) just so its done. But I know some brides have booked when they arrive. Thanks for all the tips girls they all help! Good luck everyone! X

#545 shan0487

shan0487
          • 1,393 posts
          • Wedding Date:November 23, 2012
          • Wedding Location:Sun Palace & Moon Palace- Cancun, MX
          • LocationSt Louis, MO

Posted 04 October 2013 - 05:05 AM

Yes PSAV and JSAV are preferred venodrs of Palace resorts! I did not have to pay any additional fees!

#546 sky186

sky186
          • 155 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 02:52 PM

brilliant :)

#547 smilenstacy

smilenstacy
            • 20 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 11:01 AM

I'm getting married at Moon Palace on June 29, 2014, and I'm trying to figure out where to have the private events. We're planning on having a welcome dinner the day before the wedding, and a cocktail reception followed by dinner reception on the day of the wedding. 

Does anyone have any recommendations on locations that would be suitable for around 100 people? I'm leaning towards terraces for all the events, so there'd be a nice view of the beach, but there are so many terraces between Nizuc, Sunrise and Moon Grand! 

Any suggestions/feedback or pictures would be helpful! 

Thanks!

#548 scolen

scolen
              • 153 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 09:03 PM

sound so nice 

#549 shugapop1

shugapop1
                • 868 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 09:45 PM

sound so niceĀ 

That sounds wonderful