~Melissa~

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 8,680 posts
  • Wedding Date:October 7, 2010
  • Wedding Location:Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico
  • LocationUtah

Posted 18 September 2007 - 04:16 PM

OK, figured I would start a new thread so we can share our experiences in this last lil bit. I'm going to need all the motvation in th world to drop these last 5 pounds. 19 days to go....

So far today I had yogurt(low fat, low sugars) with grape nuts (yep I needed some form of carbs but I only put in a little). For lunch I had celery sticks and carrots. Just had a banana for a snack.Don't know yet what I'm doing for dinner.

Gosh this is going to be tough.

Oh and I'm working out tonite with FH, he pushes me hard. He used to be a body builder so he kinda scares me too when it comes to the weights LOL

#2 MsShelley

MsShelley

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 10,366 posts

Posted 18 September 2007 - 04:18 PM

If you are working out, you should eat a little protein or some more food, girl! lol

#3 NYJen

NYJen
    • 1,326 posts

Posted 18 September 2007 - 04:20 PM

Although I don't really recommend it, have you tried The Atkins Diet. It does work. The only thing is, you really can only do it for 2 weeks. And then, just be careful because once you start eating carbs again, you put the weight back on pretty quickly.

Or what about Colonics? As gross as it is, I hear from people I work, who have done it, that you lose 3 pounds.

#4 ~Melissa~

~Melissa~

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 8,680 posts
      • Wedding Date:October 7, 2010
      • Wedding Location:Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico
      • LocationUtah

Posted 18 September 2007 - 04:23 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by beachbride
      If you are working out, you should eat a little protein or some more food, girl! lol
      No worries hon. We eat soooo much chicken in this house (FH is a big fan). We'll probbaly have chicken for dinner with a salad I'm thinking.

Quote:
      Originally Posted by JenandBrendan
      Although I don't really recommend it, have you tried The Atkins Diet. It does work. The only thing is, you really can only do it for 2 weeks. And then, just be careful because once you start eating carbs again, you put the weight back on pretty quickly.

Or what about Colonics? As gross as it is, I hear from people I work, who have done it, that you lose 3 pounds.
      Atkins I thought about it but I know I would fail miserably. I love carbs. Don't we all? I'm just going to limit my carbs like some other girls suggested.

#5 MsShelley

MsShelley

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 10,366 posts

Posted 18 September 2007 - 04:24 PM

well, if it works, I need to do what you're doing! lol, I am getting so close too!

#6 Mrs.Morley

Mrs.Morley
        • 259 posts

Posted 18 September 2007 - 04:29 PM

I hear you girls! I have about 27 days to go and I don't have one oz of motivation in me...

#7 NYJen

NYJen
          • 1,326 posts

Posted 18 September 2007 - 04:35 PM

For those of you that are really close to your wedding, be careful with how much weight you lose. You want to make sure you'll still fit in your dresses too.

#8 Mrs.Morley

Mrs.Morley
            • 259 posts

Posted 18 September 2007 - 04:40 PM

Trust me, I won't be able to lose that much weight. It is really hard for me to lose weight so Im not worried about that... I just know I waited a bit too long to try to tone and maybe loose about 5 lbs...

#9 Sharonie

Sharonie
              • 557 posts

Posted 18 September 2007 - 05:01 PM

For all of you whose wedding is coming up, you have my moral support. You can all do it!! Go lose that last 5 lbs you want!!! Go, Go, Go, Ra, Ra, Ra...

#10 gkashmira

gkashmira
                • 1,962 posts

Posted 18 September 2007 - 05:23 PM

Some low cal but filling meals:

Salad = this salad is zero WW points so I think there's very few calories and very high fiber (to help with a more natural "cleansing"

- Lettuce
                  - Chopped green onions
                  - 1 boiled egg white
                  - chopped canned hearts of palm
                  - cherry tomatoes
                  - lots of balsamic vinegar

**You can add a 1/4 scoop of tuna (canned in water) for some protein.

Crisp n' Light Wasa crackers with calorie free salsa

Replace your grapenuts with spoon size shredded wheat. It's lower calorie, higher fiber and tastes good with the yogurt!

WW zero point soup:
                  - saute onions and garlic using cooking spray
                  - Throw in chopped green cabbage, zuccini, green beans, celery, other low-cal low-carb veggies
                  - Add chopped tomatoes
                  - Add spices (Salt, pepper, basil, whatever)
                  - Cook down tomatoes and add fat free broth (veggie, chicken, whatever)
                  - add spoonful of tomato paste

It's filling and virtually calorie free!

Drink tons of water!
                  Kashmira & Dan
                  Happily married since June 16, 2007
                  http://i95.photobuck....a/IMG_0769.jpg
                  Our mini-video: http://www.bajavideo...m/Kash_Dan.html
                  Photo slideshow: http://www.tomasbarron.com/recent.php

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users