Photo

2013 Gran Caribe Real/ Royal Cancun Brides

• Please log in to reply
1449 replies to this topic

#621 txbrideinmexico

txbrideinmexico
  • 92 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 08:02 AM

Hey girls, trying to keep everyone updated as I hear back on WC questions since this site is more reliable than her...

I was told that YES there is an extra $5 per person charge for cocktails at the cocktail hour. And yes I did reply with a smart ass remark that cocktails are by definition made with liquor and a mixer, and that "cocktail hour" implies a full bar. ;) Yep, my WC will hate me by the time I make it to Cancun.

Also I was told there are no examples of the videographer... maybe we can find a bride on the boards who has one she can share with us?

#622 ornxoxo

ornxoxo
    • 177 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 08:07 AM

Originally Posted by joannaleigh 

All we gave him were about 7 artists that we wanted to hear. He did a great job with the rest. Once I went up and asked him to play some older stuff (we had the same age range as you and the older crowd wasnt dancing as much as the younger crowd) he mixed some Michael Jackson and some fun oldies music. So we did not give him too much guidance and he was great.

That's great to hear.  I'm thinking of booking with them as well.  My FI and I are not music people either so we'll be trusting the DJ to do what he needs to do.  

Is the DJ your MC as well?  If not, who did you have as your MC (host)?

#623 AnaSteele58

AnaSteele58
      • 381 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 09:27 AM

Hey girls, trying to keep everyone updated as I hear back on WC questions since this site is more reliable than her... I was told that YES there is an extra $5 per person charge for cocktails at the cocktail hour. And yes I did reply with a smart ass remark that cocktails are by definition made with liquor and a mixer, and that "cocktail hour" implies a full bar. ;) Yep, my WC will hate me by the time I make it to Cancun. Also I was told there are no examples of the videographer... maybe we can find a bride on the boards who has one she can share with us?

Haha! You're funny! Its crazy how resorts play on words.

#624 txbrideinmexico

txbrideinmexico
        • 92 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by joannaleigh 

All we gave him were about 7 artists that we wanted to hear. He did a great job with the rest. Once I went up and asked him to play some older stuff (we had the same age range as you and the older crowd wasnt dancing as much as the younger crowd) he mixed some Michael Jackson and some fun oldies music. So we did not give him too much guidance and he was great.

Thanks! That is exactly what I was hoping to hear :)

#625 Billandstina

Billandstina
          • 396 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 10:55 AM

It's dusgu[quote name="AnaSteele58" url="/t/77571/2013-gran-caribe-real-royal-cancun-brides/600#post_1884759"] Haha! You're funny! Its crazy how resorts play on words. It's disgusting how resorts play on words!! I was always led to believe that $10 was the 3 appetizers and open bar since I'm now having to pay extra for every person over 20 for the ceremony and champagne! These people are sneaky!!

#626 joannaleigh

joannaleigh
            • 43 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 11:35 AM

Hey girls, trying to keep everyone updated as I hear back on WC questions since this site is more reliable than her... I was told that YES there is an extra $5 per person charge for cocktails at the cocktail hour. And yes I did reply with a smart ass remark that cocktails are by definition made with liquor and a mixer, and that "cocktail hour" implies a full bar. ;) Yep, my WC will hate me by the time I make it to Cancun. Also I was told there are no examples of the videographer... maybe we can find a bride on the boards who has one she can share with us?

I used the resort videographer! I had the catholic ceremony and had them there to just capture the mass. He did an awesome job- I was very pleased. It started with the background being a Jason Miraz song with everyone gathering to te church and setting everything up, then included the entire ceremony with audio from the ceremony and ended with us taking pictures by the chapel set to some music. I thought it was really nice and well worth the money. We got married on Thursday and got the DVD by Saturday afternoon.

#627 joannaleigh

joannaleigh
              • 43 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 11:38 AM

@ornxoxo the dj was also the MC, the wedding coordinator made sure everyone doing speeches got the microphone at the right time.

#628 justchrissy

justchrissy
                • 18 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 11:57 AM

Hello ladies! It's so nice to hear positive reviews from the new brides. So many of you all chose the Gran Caribe and have had great experiences. I am getting married at the royal...anybody here get married there or have any experiences with them? I'm sure it will be pretty much the same thing just wondering if anybody has any experience with them?

Thanks Ladies

Christian

#629 AnaSteele58

AnaSteele58
                  • 381 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 12:08 PM

Does this resort require wristbands for guest? 

#630 Emily11386

Emily11386
                    • Site Supporter
                    • 244 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 12:48 PM

Yes the resort does require wristbands.
                      May 10, 2013 at The Gran Caribe Real/ Royal Cancun
                      33 adults (including bride & groom) and 3 kids booked!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users