Photo

FI sister... do I have to make her a bridesmaid???

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#31 krisdaversa

krisdaversa
  • 308 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 13, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Melia Las Dunas (Cuba)
  • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 12 November 2013 - 05:47 PM

I thought about that but I have no idea what else to have her do...she can't do a reading or speak in front of people in any way. And she lives about 800 miles away from me so even having her just attend things wouldn't work...I'm at a loss with a way to include her but any suggestions are appreciated!

Maybe you can include her in other ways so she feels part of the wedding and will feel special. Get her to do things she is capable of, from helping pick out items for an out of town bag? Colours? Flowers? Or help to decorate at the resort? Easy things

#32 talicea7812

talicea7812
  • 416 posts
  • Wedding Date:April 12, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Azul Beach Hotel
  • LocationPhiladelphia

Posted 16 January 2014 - 10:12 AM

my fi has a sister and step sister.  I didn't ask either one.  we are not close so I don't expect them to have to chip in for all the expenses associated with being a bridesmaid. 

#33 kdnolan

kdnolan
  • 168 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 02:56 PM

We decided to have no sisters.... I have 2 and he has 3.... to many to choose from....

#34 jwalsh

jwalsh
    • 165 posts
    • Wedding Date:May 13, 2014
    • Wedding Location:Majestic Colonial Punta Cana
    • LocationEdmonton, Alberta

Posted 23 January 2014 - 10:29 PM

I have a brother and my fi has a sister so we agreed to have them both stand for us.  His sister and I don't always get along but it's important to me to have my brother be part of the wedding party..However if my brother wasn't getting to stand for my fi his sister wouldn't be standing for me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users