Photo

October 2012 Brides!!!

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

#51 Oct 2012 Bride

Oct 2012 Bride
  • 217 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 12:18 PM

Don't stress. I was concerned but I did some research before I picked October. I believe it only rains for a short period of time. Like 15 mins and then it's over and the sun is out again. So you have nothing to worry about. I was going with PPC too but now I'm looking at Barcelo Bavaro Palace deluxe. I wanted to lower the costs some more for our guests.

#52 ayansi08

ayansi08
    • 49 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 06:01 AM

Thank you!! You're right! I starting researching a bit more so I'm I feel a lot better now!

Honestly after looking into other hotels, I thought the rate I got for Paradisus was pretty good considering how nice the resort is. And I've been able to keep the cost down of the actual wedding thanks to my planner. My brother went to PPC for me and took video and the resort is beautiful!

Originally Posted by Oct 2012 Bride 

Don't stress. I was concerned but I did some research before I picked October. I believe it only rains for a short period of time. Like 15 mins and then it's over and the sun is out again. So you have nothing to worry about. I was going with PPC too but now I'm looking at Barcelo Bavaro Palace deluxe. I wanted to lower the costs some more for our guests.

#53 Skygirl

Skygirl
      • 512 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 12:45 PM

Have most of you booked you air for october already, or some are still waiting for it to drop? I have been tracking the air to DR since March, one week it will go down for 30$ another week it goes back up...right now it is the highest it has been so far, i think due to an Easter weekend  maybe...who knows...Im my self getting a bit nervous, and probably will just have to except this high price for the airline tickets and book it next week and hope that it will drop and get a credit or something. Have anyone ever used a price assurance from orbitz?

#54 teamboyd2012

teamboyd2012
        • Site Supporter
        • 47 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 06:15 PM

Still have not booked air but, like you, will probably breakdown next week. Jet Blue is making me crazy with rates going up $80, then down $30 then back up..... We are probably going to adjust our original arrival/departure based on airfare. We were going to stay Tues-Wed but have found that airfare is over $100 less when booking Mon-Tues. Still not clear on the price assurance thing from Orbitz...

#55 LonaJ

LonaJ
          • 79 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 08:30 PM

I'm freaking out about air too! It has only been going up for me. I think I'll wait it out for one more month before I book air.

#56 Skygirl

Skygirl
            • 512 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 01:31 PM

what is going on with the air prices??i have never seen it beeing so high. do you all think it may drop or not?it only been going up so far...

#57 teamboyd2012

teamboyd2012
              • Site Supporter
              • 47 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 04:39 PM

FREAKING OUT!!!!! I CANNOT believe airfare is almost $1000.... I am soooo afraid we'll end up having to take a connecting flight and our luggage will get lost. OMG!!! Gas prices are going down when will airfare catch up?!?!?!?!

#58 Skygirl

Skygirl
                • 512 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 06:10 PM

When the air just came out, it was almost 700$for me, which was very high, so now its 900$and i looked at the airplane seats,its more then half empty. the seats that are taken are from my guests mostly:)so im really nervous. some guests are still waiting for me to give them green light to book, but the price has been only going up!!!ughhh. sorry needed to vent. I keep getting sarcastic texts from my sil that she paid 3500$ for air for her/husb/2kids. it makes me so so sad those LOL messages, cause i feel awfull. when i was looking at the air last july for october it was like 430$round trip...and gas prices wasnt any higher then its now...

#59 lkterry

lkterry
                  • 157 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 06:30 PM

My guests and I started booking the end of April.  Our air prices stayed the same all the way until this week when they jumped over $200. :-(

#60 mae1564

mae1564
                    • 96 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 07:18 PM

Hi Ladies!

I'm late getting to the board but definitely not late to planning! I just found this site about two weeks ago and have been glued to it ever since, lol. We are having our wedding (actually our 1 year anniversary) on October 19, 2012 at Royal Playa del Carmen! We are so excited, and it is starting to become real! I started planning in Jan 2011 so I already have most of our plans down, just getting final touches together. I was lucky enough to buy our airline tix the day they became avail and got us in first class for $1000 each. Look forward to planning with you ladies!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users