October 2012 Brides!!!

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

#1 teamboyd2012

• Site Supporter
  • 47 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 01:30 PM

Hey Futures Mrs.....

I have just confirmed by wedding at Dreams Punta Cana October 20, 2012 and all of a sudden I CAN'T BREATHE!!!! LOL

I feel like (and others keep saying) you have plenty of time to get everything together, but I keep seeing brides on here that are WAAAAAYYYY ahead of me for 2013 weddings. I am starting to gather all the ideas for the wedding but haven't started purchasing anything. Am I running behind?

I'm pretty organized but can also tend to 'sweat the small stuff'. Please let me know that I'm not crazy and there are other October 2012 brides in the same position.....

• Moderators
    • 25,218 posts
    • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
    • LocationSeattle

Posted 11 December 2011 - 11:50 AM

congrats! you are already WAY ahead of so many, no worries! you've got almost an entire year, AND youve already booked your resort! thats awesome :)

welcome to BDW, we're so happy to have you!

#3 Katelyn Carney

Katelyn Carney
    • 8 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 01:19 PM

I am also an October 2012 Bride! :) Getting married at Excellence Punta Cana on Oct 8, 2012! I know the feeling, I have the place, and my dress...I haven't been able to do that much because of graduate school, currrently finishing my Masters in Nursing...will be done with this semester in a few days, and as soon Christmas passes, I am going to do as much as I can, before my LAST semester starts...then I won't do anything probably until June! SO I know the feeli ng!

But we'll get iT all done and it will be prefect!

#4 AllieMike22

• 1 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 08:13 PM

Congrats to everyone! I just booked my wedding in Cabo for October 2012 and I feel like I can't breathe either! I can't sleep! Sooo exciting. Did you girls send out your save the dates yet?

#5 teamboyd2012

• Site Supporter
        • 47 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 11:11 AM

WHOO HOOO! Save the dates just came in the mail yesterday so my ultimate task today is to get all 87 addressed.... BY HAND!!!!

What a way to spend a Saturday.....lol

#6 LonaJ

• 79 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 06:52 AM

So you are def way ahead of me I'm doing my save the dates next week. Have you gotten your dress yet? I was trying to shed a few pounds first lol! I was going to start shopping in March do you  think that is too late?

#7 teamboyd2012

• Site Supporter
            • 47 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 07:20 PM

I actually found my dress yesterday!!! From what the consultant was telling me you should order a dress over a year in advance but def not less than 9 months. She said it can take 3-6 months just to manufacture and then factor in alterations and any imperfections that may cause dress to have to go back. I will have my first fitting in July and a final fitting in September.

#8 LonaJ

• 79 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 08:14 PM

Oh wow....I need to get on it!

#9 amn1027

• 17 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 09:13 AM

Hi I am new to this site I am getting married in October 2012 in Negril, Jamaica. 

#10 teamboyd2012

• Site Supporter
                  • 47 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 04:18 PM

Welcome and CONGRATULATIONS amn1027!!!! This site is very addictive.... but also tremendously helpful.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users