1745 replies to this topic

#651 HNeal

HNeal
  • 74 posts
  • Wedding Date:August 22, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Excellence Riviera Cancun
  • LocationNew York

Posted 20 May 2014 - 08:27 AM

I just found out Del Sol Photography doesn't work with excellence resorts anymore. Can anyone recommend a good photographer?

I was so upset when I found that out for myself. I had been watching their work for a long time. When I contacted them they referred me to Lucidum Photography. Vincent used to work with them until he branched out on his own. He seems amazing! He has the same style as Del Sol.

#652 Crystal17

Crystal17
  • 46 posts
  • Wedding Date:May 2, 2015
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 20 May 2014 - 09:36 AM

They sent me the link to him also. I will check out the site later!

#653 HNeal

HNeal
  • 74 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 20 May 2014 - 09:40 AM

They sent me the link to him also. I will check out the site later!

Definitely check him out! He has a small portfolio since he is recently on his own but you will be able to get a feel for his work. And if you stay tuned until August you will be able to see my wedding!!😉

#654 Crystal17

Crystal17
  • 46 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 20 May 2014 - 09:47 AM

Great, can't wait!!! You must be so excited!

#655 karijean

karijean
  • 47 posts
  • Wedding Date:June 12, 2014
  • LocationKansas

Posted 20 May 2014 - 10:25 AM

hi! we are getting married at excellence riviera july 6, 2015 (so far away, i know) and am loving this thread of comments - very helpful! i'm wondering if anyone feedback on staying at the excellence club honeymoon suite versus a "less fancy" room - is it worth the extra money?? i'd like the extra room in the suite for the wedding day - the whole getting ready thing - but we will obviously be spending most of our time OUTSIDE of the room with our friends and family. any input on room selection is appreciated!

My fiancé and I are also doing the two story rooftop oceanfront excellence club room! We decided since this is our honeymoon and we will have family and friends there with us that it would be a good way of "getting away" if we wanted to. It really wasn't that bad of a price, and why not go all out! Have you decided yet which room you are going to choose?

#656 Crystal17

Crystal17
  • 46 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 20 May 2014 - 11:05 AM

Is anyone having someone play music during ceremony? I saw they work with a guitarist, harpist, saxophonist etc. Deciding which one to get!

#657 upstatekj

upstatekj
  • 74 posts
  • Wedding Date:July 6, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Excellence Riviera

Posted 20 May 2014 - 03:38 PM

Is anyone having someone play music during ceremony? I saw they work with a guitarist, harpist, saxophonist etc. Deciding which one to get!

I was planning on just playing music with my ipod (already making a playlist!) but I would be interested in finding out more about the guitarist or harpist! Do you know what they charge?

#658 Crystal17

Crystal17
  • 46 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 20 May 2014 - 03:51 PM

Guitar is $550 and harp is $500. Let me know if interested and I can send you their emails.  The resort emailed me a sheet.  Are you doing Gold or Silver package?  When I look at the menus, I only see one main entrĂ©e listed in each list.  Do your guests get to pick between two? 

#659 TA Wendy

TA Wendy

Insiders

• Insiders
  • 185 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 09:42 AM

Hi Karijean, TA Wendy here... my 2 cents worth is that it is very much worth it to have the extra room and "special" feel that this room will give you. With Excellence Club you are going to get the upgraded amenities, and just the really nice atmosphere and additional service.

The rooms at this resort are awesome.. large and beautiful!

One of my favorites, and I work with all the properties in the area.

I also like that the rooms are stocked here with full bottles of premium alcohol instead of the small minis like Secrets offers guests in room.

Bvulgari amenities are the best, too!

I was just on site last week and if I can answer any questions for you or assist at all please feel free to PM me!

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings? We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews HERE.

Awards and recognition:

Palace Resorts Top PRO Agency
    Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator
    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency
    Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner
    Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner

#660 HNeal

HNeal
    • 74 posts
    • LocationNew York

Posted 27 May 2014 - 03:39 PM

My fiancé and I are also doing the two story rooftop oceanfront excellence club room! We decided since this is our honeymoon and we will have family and friends there with us that it would be a good way of "getting away" if we wanted to. It really wasn't that bad of a price, and why not go all out! Have you decided yet which room you are going to choose?

Karijean this is the room we booked as well.  Your wedding is just around the corner!  You must be so excited.  I cannot wait to hear all about it and see pics!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users