Sign in to follow this  
Michelle&Steve

Newbie here! Trying to figure it all out..

Hey everyone...

So i just got engaged a month ago and we have decided on a destination wedding... I'm so excited! But things are a little more complicated because I'm in medical school and will be on my rotations next year, so I need to work around that schedule. Plus a couple of my bridesmaids also have a different rotations schedule, so I hope I can work it out. I'm still trying to pick a place to have it, I dont even know where to begin.. Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated! When I start thinking about it alll, my head just starts spinning

smile43.gif

THanks!!!

welcome3.gif to the forum, Michelle!!! Congrats on your engagement! You will find tons of advice here. Tell us more about what you want...how many guests, an all-inclusive or not, what countries you have in mind, etc.

Congrats on your recent engagement, and welcome to the forum! Tell us a little more info, and we will be glad to start helping you find places. How many guests are you thinking? Do you have any locations in mind? Ect...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle&Steve View Post
Hey everyone...

So i just got engaged a month ago and we have decided on a destination wedding... I'm so excited! But things are a little more complicated because I'm in medical school and will be on my rotations next year, so I need to work around that schedule. Plus a couple of my bridesmaids also have a different rotations schedule, so I hope I can work it out. I'm still trying to pick a place to have it, I dont even know where to begin.. Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated! When I start thinking about it alll, my head just starts spinning

smile43.gif

THanks!!!
Welcome Michelle! Planning any wedding in med school would be really tough! Are you currently a second year or third year? I would think it would be easier to do before starting rotations, or during fourth year when most schools will give you some vacation blocks.

Are there any locations you're thinking about? Let us know how we can help you, and feel free to PM me if you have any med school questions (I'm very happy to be done with all that).

Thanks for all the encouragement guys! So I think I'm going to aim for next March/April... We both have very large families, so I think between that and our friends there will be about 100 people. I want it to be a little bit more on the formal side, outside looking over the ocean, but maybe not necessarily right on the sand. Im trying to stick to places that are price friendly for my guests, so I guess Mexico? Most of my guests are coming from the east coast, are there other places that are all price friendly for my guests? I would like it to be an all inclusive resort so it would be easier for the guests, but I want a nice place too... any suggestions?

Thanks! Good luck with the planning everyone! cheer2.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle&Steve View Post
Thanks for all the encouragement guys! So I think I'm going to aim for next March/April... We both have very large families, so I think between that and our friends there will be about 100 people. I want it to be a little bit more on the formal side, outside looking over the ocean, but maybe not necessarily right on the sand. Im trying to stick to places that are price friendly for my guests, so I guess Mexico? Most of my guests are coming from the east coast, are there other places that are all price friendly for my guests? I would like it to be an all inclusive resort so it would be easier for the guests, but I want a nice place too... any suggestions?

Thanks! Good luck with the planning everyone! cheer2.gif
There are definitely a lot of Mexico brides who can point you in the right direction. Jamaica also has a lot of AI hotels (Riu, Sunset at the Palms, Beaches - google - there are a ton), as does the Dominican Republic (Iberostar). Check out the marriage requirements for each place (residency stay, blood tests, etc).

I'm sure you'll find something perfect!