Sign in to follow this  
Jenn

Parent Gifts

I think that is nice! Stained glass with peacock feather colors would be beautiful!

Jac - I want to get them a photobook like Roe's. Remember that one from her wedding? I just emailed her about it...

For the sets of parents, we will make photobooks (either from shutterfly or one of the other photo sites) with pictures of the wedding and of the trip. Plus this way, they can also show all the relatives who couldn't make it to the wedding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherielee View Post
hi, i am wondering what website you go tthis site from? it is awsome!
They have an ebay store. If you google Linen Classics, the link to ebay will pop up.

I think we have decided that we are getting our 3 sets of parents a limo ride down to the airport as a gift to them for helping us out with the wedding...so it will be those 6 and jay and I in the limo to the airport and home...not sure what else to ge tthem?

We bought both sets of parents digital photo frames from Amazon (ignore the price, we paid less).

Amazon.com: Philips 10.2-inch Digital Photo Frame with 9.4-Inch Viewable LCD Display (Metal): Camera & Photo

This way they can upload all the wedding pictures and have them scrolling in the background. We loved these frames, they're so different from the regular wood or glass frames. Our parents loved them too.

So etiquette wise for this...my parents gave us a nice amount of money to help with the expense. Neither of his parents did or have (they are divorced). Both claim they are planning on it. But lets say they dont give us money like they say they will. Do we give his mom a gift (his dad isnt going cuz he claims he cant afford it even though he just bought a new ford mustand convertible and had custom paint job done to his motorcycle, etc but thats ane entirely different post). I plan on giving my folks something so does that mean I have give his mom and/or dad something too? feedback.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucy106 View Post
So etiquette wise for this...my parents gave us a nice amount of money to help with the expense. Neither of his parents did or have (they are divorced). Both claim they are planning on it. But lets say they dont give us money like they say they will. Do we give his mom a gift (his dad isnt going cuz he claims he cant afford it even though he just bought a new ford mustand convertible and had custom paint job done to his motorcycle, etc but thats ane entirely different post). I plan on giving my folks something so does that mean I have give his mom and/or dad something too? feedback.gif
I dont think that you should get your FI dad anything, if he is not contributing or going to the wedding then there would be no need. (thats what fathers day is for) if your FI mother goes, but does not contribute I would present her with a small gift, something that just says we agnolige (SP?) your presence.