Photo

Parent Gifts

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 Jenn

Jenn
  • 1,557 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 01:01 PM

I read through some of the older threads, but was wondering what some of you ended up doing or are planning to give to your parents. We have my mom, her boyfriend, and FFIL. I'm planning on buying a hankie for my mom, and probably a starfish brooch or necklace. FI is planning on getting something for my mom, but unsure what yet. Mom's b-friend probably a monogrammed cigar holder and a few cubans. No clue on FFIL.

What are you ladies doing?

#2 boscobel

boscobel
    • VIP Member
    • 24,213 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 01:03 PM

No idea! Hadn't thought about it yet... Yikes!

#3 dragonfly

dragonfly
      • 1,820 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 01:07 PM

We didn't give parents gifts. We paid for the wedding completely on our own therefore we felt that there was no need to go beyond what we did for the others guests for our mothers. Our mother's were there as guests not as hosts.

When we got home we did however have wedding pictures of our families, and of us with our mom's, framed for each of them.

#4 Chiquita

Chiquita
        • 2,674 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 03:42 PM

I'm the same as Kelly. We are paying for our wedding ourselves, and our parents are there as guests only. I doubt we'll be buying them gifts, but we will give them framed photos when we get them.

#5 Spazz

Spazz
          • VIP Member
          • 10,482 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 03:45 PM

Mike and I are paying for our moms trips, so that's our gift to them. I said I wouldn't get them anything else, but of course I already did. I just bought them "mom" wedding handkerchiefs and will probably get my mom an inexpensive starfish necklace. Oh, I also got her a monogrammed tote bag, but will probably give that to her for Christmas instead.

#6 Jenn

Jenn
            • 1,557 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 04:28 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Lizz
              Mike and I are paying for our moms trips, so that's our gift to them. I said I wouldn't get them anything else, but of course I already did. I just bought them "mom" wedding handkerchiefs and will probably get my mom an inexpensive starfish necklace. Oh, I also got her a monogrammed tote bag, but will probably give that to her for Christmas instead.
              I didn't even think about it, but we are paying for my mom's hotel room (or plan to if they'll let us). I know she's giving FI a gift, and she's contributed to the wedding, so I think we need to give her something tangeable.

#7 Mrs.Morley

Mrs.Morley
              • 259 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 04:31 PM

I may just do coffee table books for both his mom and mine...

#8 David and Laura

David and Laura
                • 177 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 04:54 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by sanchez0014
                  I may just do coffee table books for both his mom and mine...
                  That's a great idea! I may steal it. :)

#9 MsShelley

MsShelley

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                  • 10,366 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 04:56 PM

I was thinking of getting this for me Dad

Click the image to open in full size.

#10 NYJen

NYJen
                    • 1,326 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 06:16 PM

I'm actually getting my mom something because even though she's not paying for the wedding, she's given me so much help and support. Me, my sisters and my mom are very close, so I decided that since I'm getting both my sisters the starfish necklace from Tiffany's as their MOH gifts, I'm going to get the same one for me and my mom too. This way the 4 of us will have matching necklaces. And of course, I'm getting the kiddie looking one for my niece/flowergirl Gretchen.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users