Dreams Cancun or Dreams Cabo? Help

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#11 SusanK

SusanK
  • VIP Member
  • 2,685 posts

Posted 15 September 2007 - 10:27 AM

We were there for four days last year in mid October and the weather was beautiful everday. It was HOT and sunny the whole time, and the ocean water was like bath water. Apparently if it does rains in Oct. it's usually a brief shower and then it's beautiful again. No matter where you go or when you go there is always a possibility of inclement weather, but I think the end of Oct. would be fine.
    Susan&Matt 10-12-07, Mia Lily 7-9-08, Charlie David 6-28-10

#12 cmw

cmw
    • 108 posts

Posted 15 September 2007 - 11:49 AM

I am getting married at Dreams Cancun as well.....it is beautiful, 20 minutes from the airport, cheaper than cabo, and has an awesome nightlife. We went there last October as well and the weather was gorgeous!!!! There was a beautiful wedding going on there and that was what made us choose this resort!!

Susan----I wonder if we were there at the same time?
      My little Maddux!!!

#13 SusanK

SusanK
      • VIP Member
      • 2,685 posts

Posted 15 September 2007 - 07:35 PM

Maybe! We were there October 12-15 last year. We also saw a gorgeous wedding while we were there too...so when we got engaged in January there was never any question that we wanted to go back. We're getting married there on Oct. 12 of this year!
        Susan&Matt 10-12-07, Mia Lily 7-9-08, Charlie David 6-28-10

#14 tlomlad

tlomlad
        • Banned
        • 1,949 posts

Posted 26 November 2007 - 07:54 PM

this thread is great im having the same peob

#15 roxych1k

roxych1k
          • 18 posts

Posted 30 March 2008 - 12:58 PM

After reading up a lot on Los Cabos Dreams, in regards to the nightlife, it seems like Cancun is more convenient as far as location to clubs/bars. I have friends who'd love to go out and party after the reception/cocktail party, and I wouldn't mind checking it out either so it helps if it's nearby. Do any of you know what the crowds are like in April in Cancun?

#16 dinogomez.com

dinogomez.com
            • 5,705 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 11:33 AM

Here's a vote for Cabo!!!

#17 anichols8

anichols8
              • 232 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 08:29 AM

I'm considering switching from Dreams Cabo to Dreams Cancun to save my guests money but I just don't know!

#18 JordannaMarie

JordannaMarie
                • 32 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 07:57 PM

I was contimplating the same thing... I ended up booking with Dreams Riviera Cancun.  The deciding factor for me was the beach.  Apparently the beaches in Cabo aren't very safe... in most areas you can't even swim in them because of how strong the waves are, and the riptides, etc.  It was in our local newspaper not too long ago that a man was in Cabo for his daughter's wedding and he ended up by drowning... very, very sad.  The beaches in the Mayan Riviera may have lots of seagrass (that they apparently try to clean up as much as possible), at least the waves aren't life-threatening! 

#19 tkennerson

tkennerson
                  • 49 posts
                  • Wedding Date:November 8, 2014
                  • Wedding Location:Dreams Riviera Cancun - Ceremony: North Beach, Reception: Ballroom

Posted 06 October 2013 - 07:21 PM

I'm having this exact dilemma.  Trying to see which is best Cabo or Cancun.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users