• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Nicole0513

Nicole0513
  • Site Supporter
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 07:19 AM

Hello Lovely Ladies!!

I just wanted to introduce myself  since I've been lurking now for awhile...My name is Nicole, my fiance and I have been engaged since May and we are planning to have our wedding in the Dominican Republic in May 2013. Wohoo! If you asked me a month ago I would have told you that 2013 is so far off and we have plenty of time BUT the more I read this forum, the more I understand that there is so much to do!! I now feel slightly overwhelmed and in a panic becasue there are so many questions that need to be answered. I am so grateful I found this site and happy to know I can turn to past and future brides for their experience and support! Congratulations to everyone and I look forward to talking with you all.

#2 anudrm

anudrm
    • 760 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 01:15 PM

Well welcome Nicole!!!! You have walked in to a place where everything is doable and all questions have an answer too.  Do you know where in Dominican Republic you are getting married?  There are so many great resorts and this site will definitely help you make the best decision for you & your hunny.

Feel free to ask any questions, I trust you that there is at least one lady on here that can answer them for you.  Sometimes, I think the other ladies are better than having a wedding planner.  They cross all the T's and dot all I's.

Once again Welcome and I hope your planning process goes as smooth as buttercream frosting!

Hello Lovely Ladies!!

I just wanted to introduce myself  since I've been lurking now for awhile...My name is Nicole, my fiance and I have been engaged since May and we are planning to have our wedding in the Dominican Republic in May 2013. Wohoo! If you asked me a month ago I would have told you that 2013 is so far off and we have plenty of time BUT the more I read this forum, the more I understand that there is so much to do!! I now feel slightly overwhelmed and in a panic becasue there are so many questions that need to be answered. I am so grateful I found this site and happy to know I can turn to past and future brides for their experience and support! Congratulations to everyone and I look forward to talking with you all.

#3 Nicole0513

Nicole0513
      • Site Supporter
      • 7 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 05:25 AM

Thanks for the welcome!! We are planning on getting married in Punta Cana and we have it narrowed down to a about 5 resorts but the top runners so far are the Majestic Elegance, Melia Caribe, and the Now Larimar. We plan on going in March of next year for a site visit to make our final decision. From what I read though there are many brides who are waiting for january to come so they can book their date in 2013....I hope our date isn't taken by March eek!

Btw I think it's so funny that my status is actually "Lurker"...I guess I need to start posting more! lol

#4 KathyRRozier

KathyRRozier
        • 2 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 04:08 AM

Hello Everyone ,

I am Kathy Rozier and I am Florists . I am newbie here .Also I like to read novels as well as landscaping

#5 Moments That Matter

Moments That Matter

Diamond Vendor

• Insiders
          • 3,074 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 10:34 AM

Congratulations Nicole and welcome to the forums! The Dominican is a beautiful place for a wedding... you will love it! Im assuming this is Punta Cana wedding. Best of luck with all your plans.

Linkn

MTM%20Logo%202016_zps4tzm05my.png

Moments That Matter Photography , Cancun, Playa del Carmen, Mexico

Canadian Award Winning Photojournalist serving the Riviera Maya

Email: contact@momentsthatmatterphotography.com

Why we're Ranked #1 ~ Scoop on what we do:  MTM Reviews

Meet Lincoln & Team MTM: "Meet Lincoln" Video + see his Passion!!!

We Offer: 100% Vendor Fee Discount
                                100% Deposit Guarantee

100% Satisfaction Guarantee

#6 FutureMrsF

FutureMrsF
            • 151 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 12:18 PM

I'm a May 2013 bride too! It seems so far off but that's just more time to plan and enjoy our engagements. It only happens once so I'm not rushing anything. Congratulations and enjoy planning!

#7 SweetFire

SweetFire
              • Vendor
              • 330 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 09:54 AM

Congratulations and welcome to the forum!!  

Warmest wishes,

Lori

#8 Futureride

Futureride
                • 41 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 05:02 PM

Congrats to you Ms. Lady! It's a wonderful time for you. As of today my wedding is 7 months away. I thought I planned ahead, which has been a year ago or so. Now that it is getting close to the wire it if feels like I'am just planning. My advice to you is stay on point/schedule with payments, deposits & over all bills. Remember, that your wedding is about the both of you & God. You have to live comfortably after your wedding. Your marriage is for a life time....

Future Mrs. S. O'B

Sherrie O'Banner

#9 Jessica4LUXE

Jessica4LUXE
                  • Vendor
                  • 183 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 08:29 AM

May is the busiest destination wedding month so it is great that you are getting started! It is important to confirm your preferred wedding date/time at a specific property as they tend to book up quite quickly. Happy Planning!

#10 Nicole0513

Nicole0513
                    • Site Supporter
                    • 7 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 05:57 PM

Futuride- Congratulation on your upcoming wedding, I know 7 months is going to fly by. Thank you so much for the advice you are so right!

FutureMrsF-Where are you planning to have your wedding?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users