Photo

Beach Palace Cancun Brides

• Please log in to reply
2048 replies to this topic

#911 Nicolew412

Nicolew412
  • 148 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 08:13 AM

Did anyone bring a cute topper for the wedding cake? I think the cake is beautiful as is, but you see the cutest toppers at Party City, etc...Just curious if anyone brought their own down?

#912 Rpc51

Rpc51
    • 106 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 09:50 AM

I plan to bring my own and I saw a few ladies who brought their own also. Are you upgrading your cake?

#913 Nicolew412

Nicolew412
      • 148 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by Rpc51 

I plan to bring my own and I saw a few ladies who brought their own also. Are you upgrading your cake?

I purchased the Pearl Shimmer package, and the cake it comes with is beautiful, so I'm going to stick with that!

Ok great, I may bring my own then too!

#914 Nicolew412

Nicolew412
        • 148 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 09:52 AM

Another question- for any past brides- what did you do for your transportation from airport to hotel? There's 4 of us arriving at the same time, so I looked into pricing for a limo. It would be nice to have someone waiting for us with a banner and jump into a nice town car or limo. 

It was $193.00 total for the limo. But they have other options that are less. 

Or, should we just take a cab and save our money? Are the cabs safe? lol

#915 Rpc51

Rpc51
          • 106 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 09:52 AM

I believe the guest pass is good for the entire day; they can stay until 11pm or 12am I believe. I am getting one for my videographer and DJ (my way of getting around that ridiculous outside vendor fee but the resort doesn't know that yet and I don't plan on telling them until I get there).

#916 Rpc51

Rpc51
            • 106 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by Nicolew412 

I purchased the Pearl Shimmer package, and the cake it comes with is beautiful, so I'm going to stick with that!

Ok great, I may bring my own then too!

Great choice! I saw the pics of the pearl shimmer setup and it is gorgeous . . . I just couldn't justify the price since its only for the ceremony so I bought decoration to have them set it up the same way but with my own stuff.

#917 Nicolew412

Nicolew412
              • 148 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by Rpc51 

Great choice! I saw the pics of the pearl shimmer setup and it is gorgeous . . . I just couldn't justify the price since its only for the ceremony so I bought decoration to have them set it up the same way but with my own stuff.

Yea, I debated because the price was pretty steep. But after applying the $1500 resort credit, and getting enough room nights for a free reception + cocktail hour, I figured $2,000 wasn't that bad! And I didn't want to have to worry about bringing decor for ceremony, when I already have favors, guestbook, and all that extra stuff to bring. But brides bring their own ceremony decor all the time, and it always looks gorgeous! It def would've been nice to apply that 2000 to a DJ or extra reception decor etc...oh well! :-)

#918 kather2008

kather2008
                • 40 posts
                • Wedding Date:May 24, 2014

Posted 27 June 2013 - 01:17 PM

Hi Nicole!!!

I purchased the Pearl Shimmer as well, I fell in love with it and did not want to bother with bringing my own decor.

I even attempted to go through Zungia for decor. For what I wanted she was trying to charge me more than what the Pearl Shimmer Cost!! In addition what she sent pics of what she can create and it was totally different than the pics i sent her.

When you come back from your wedding please post pictures and give a detailed review!! I am looking forward to reading all about it!!!

I hope you have a wonderful wedding!!! :)

Thanks!

-Kat 

#919 Chacie B

Chacie B
                • 95 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 03:37 AM

What song is everyone using for the cake cutting and last dance?

#920 Rpc51

Rpc51
                  • 106 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 08:49 AM

Average White Band:   Cut The Cake

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users