123 replies to this topic

#21 coconoir1908

coconoir1908
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 07:41 PM

Great Idea, Your so amazing Chelsea ;-)

Originally Posted by bondgirl0072010 

Hey brendee2005,

Did you by any chance create a private Facebook group for your guests? I created one for my wedding and it really did help engage people otherwise didn't have RSVP'ing high on the priority list. I tried to make it engaging by doing things like asking what people's favorite songs were (and then incorporating them in my master list which I gave to the DJ). It made it even more fun when people heard their exact favorite songs being played at the reception.

Good luck!

Chelsea

#22 RedIByChelsea

RedIByChelsea
    • 30 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 07:04 AM

Absolutely! I'm always happy to share ideas on things my guests loved! :)

Originally Posted by brendee2005 

Omg , Chelsea!
      Thanks an awesomeand fun idea! I.will get to work on date first thing tomorrow morning!

THANKS!!!

#23 bondgirl0072010

bondgirl0072010
      • 789 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 07:05 AM

Aw, you're sweet :) Happy to offer an idea! XOXO

Originally Posted by coconoir1908 

Great Idea, Your so amazing Chelsea ;-)

#24 Jessica4LUXE

Jessica4LUXE
        • Vendor
        • 183 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 08:02 AM

Hi ladies,

This is something that many brides go through! It is probably the most stressful part of the destination wedding planning. Everyone is giving great advice here as many guests do wait until the very last minute to book. We like to send out reminder emails with a deadline and remind everyone of what it means to the bride and groom. Rest assured that your guests will definitely begin to book! A friendly nudge never hurts ;)

#25 DRPrincesa

DRPrincesa
          • 221 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 07:04 AM

Hey Nikki, you are probably still away but how did things work out with the last minute bookers????

Originally Posted by NikkiT1021 

That has been the most frustrating thing about having a DW for me!! We are 6 weeks out and still have people that haven't booked!!  

Don't get too worried though, the people who really want to come are going to be there!!  :)

#26 DRPrincesa

DRPrincesa
            • 221 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 07:08 AM

I think a Facebook group is a good idea.  You wouldn't think of that as a tool for a traditional wedding but that's a good idea!

Originally Posted by bondgirl0072010 

Hey brendee2005,

Did you by any chance create a private Facebook group for your guests? I created one for my wedding and it really did help engage people otherwise didn't have RSVP'ing high on the priority list. I tried to make it engaging by doing things like asking what people's favorite songs were (and then incorporating them in my master list which I gave to the DJ). It made it even more fun when people heard their exact favorite songs being played at the reception.

Good luck!

Chelsea

#27 DRPrincesa

DRPrincesa
              • 221 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 07:10 AM

I do believe 7-8 months is fairly early to start panicking.  My travel agent gave Nov 30, as a deadline for a down payment.  I am not expecting a lot of ppl but I will use that to gage how many ppl I should expect.  Happy planning ladiessss! :)

#28 bmont

bmont
                • 6 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 07:21 AM

Be patient!! I just went through the same thing and it all turned around :)

#29 Katiem2012

Katiem2012
                  • 104 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 08:18 AM

I was stressing over the exact thing a month ago - and still am to an extent! Our wedding is end of April 2012 and we sent out our save the dates in June as soon as we put our deposits down on the trip and reserved 35 spots (which was the max we could reserve at a time). I was hoping that most of the people who had verbally confirmed would put their deposits down ASAP as it was only $150/person...the deadline for full payment was October 20th for the early booking discount and on October 15th we had us, our siblings, parents and one bridesmaid booked... on October 20th we ended up with 35... so many people booked in those last 5 days I couldn't believe it! Alot of people called our TA late and are planning on booking in the next few months, as there is still plenty of time!

#30 brendee2005

brendee2005
                    • 456 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 08:43 AM

I created my FB wedding page. I keep gst informed about travel arrangements, DR weather our plans.His parents and MIne have booked..His best woman is giving us the run around..Its just so frustrating...at first you give everyone the news of your DW everyone is excited cant wait to attend. Time comes to book....crickets!!! AHHHH I really hope that now that the 6th month mark and invites are going out that ppl start to book..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users