• 84 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 04:08 PM

DJ Bijan's info: 

http://www.mayanvibes.com/

#32 Sunshine2680

Sunshine2680
    • 465 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 08:24 AM

Hi all - just got a response from my WC Jazmin (GBP Tulum) - and she mentioned its possible to have a chuppa/arch for our ceremony on the beach.
      She sent me a bunch of pics - they look pretty decent! Has anyone ever had one for their beach ceremony?
      I know that Akumal uses the hammocks for their background..but Tulum just has a couple of palapas and Id like to dress it up a bit more - so just want to make sure its worth the extra $

#33 LyndsayJM

LyndsayJM
      • Site Supporter
      • 1 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 03:23 PM

Hi, it's my first day on the site, it's amazing all the information here, it's awesome! I'm very excited because I just confirmed my departure date for the Gran Bahia - July 29th, 2012! We haven't decided if we will stay at Akumal or Coba, and suggestions? I do know I definitely want to get married at the hammocks on the beach at Akumal. I'm just waiting to hear back from the resort what the availability is for the days we are looking at. I never realized how much planning still goes into a destination wedding, so many decisions! Thankfully I found this site to help with everything!

#34 dfranklin

dfranklin
        • 84 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 05:59 PM

Hi-

I am utilizing the Akumal Beach Hammock as our chuppah- it was the best option!

#35 dfranklin

dfranklin
          • 84 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 06:08 PM

Question to those of you who decorated with colored lanterns- did they light them (outdoors) with batteries? or did the wedding coordinator just set them up as is with out lighting them???

Thank you!

#36 Deborah123

Deborah123
            • 13 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 11:51 AM

Hi,  I am getting married May 5th in Tulum.  58 guests confirmed!  We have a 10am wedding confirmed on the 5th and haven't seem locations available yet.  We are going to have a Mayan Blessing and were thinking of renting a cataraman for the afternoon.  The beach sounds beautiful......

#37 nikki17

nikki17
              • 13 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 07:02 PM

I am getting married May 26, 2012...super excited and can't wait.  I took a break from the wedding planning but I am back in full force!  I was recently inspired by a few fellow BDW ladies: mrstgun, anudrm and torilynnsmith

#38 Megz

Megz
                • 22 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 11:26 AM

Hey all -

Just thought I would let everyone know --- if you are Canadian and getting married at the Gran Bahia Principe, you do NOT need your birth certificate to get married, in Spanish or any other format. All you need is your passport and travel card.

Here is exactly what I received from Maria, my WC:

"Regarding the documents if you are single and no change your names just need your courrent passports and tourist card (get at the airport at your arrival)."

So it sounds like it is only if you are divorced or something that you need additional documentation.

Also, for table sizes for Gran Tortuga, She has let me know the following:

"We set up tables of 10, 8, 6 at the restaurants."

67 more days till we leave ofr our wedding!!!!!

(followed by a week in the Bahamas at Sandals Emerald Bay!!!!!)

#39 crystalz

crystalz
                  • 137 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 10:53 AM

Just FYI, the video, DVD 25 min with editing is not $500 anymore, it is now $700 USD.

#40 MayBridetobe12

MayBridetobe12
                    • 6 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 10:12 PM

Hi there, Getting Married on May 5th at the Akumal beach location :) having our reception at Sian Ka'an..Very excited!!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users