Photo

Toasting Flutes/Cake Cutting Set

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#11 hatfiehm

hatfiehm
  • 270 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 12:12 PM

so its funny I just found this thread.  Went home to my moms this weekend and she showed me the cake serving set and the toasting flutes that she bought for FI and I for the wedding.  I felt like such a jerk, but I was like "MOM!  How are we going to get those down south?"  Luckily I didnt hurt her feelings too much, we both laughed because she said, I dont know, i was going to give them to you to bring down.  I talked her into returning them or giving them to someone else for their wedding.

Its sooo not worth the hassle.  (plus they were VERY frufru-shishi.... not my style at ALL)  I like to keep it simple, thats why we HAD the destination wedding to begin with!

Unfortunately i didnt know how to break it to her that a white satin wedding album is not really my style either.  sooooo I will have to bite the bullet on that one.  But seriously, white satin??? will people need to wear gloves to look at our wedding album????  I mentioned that it would be hard to keep clean and that it would get dusty, and she told me that I had to keep it in the box????? OR i could wash it.  How does one wash a photoalbum???  LOL.  gotta love mom-logic!

Holly

#12 capecodder

capecodder
    • 234 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 04:56 AM

Don't you just love moms?  lol!

I was just thinking about this.  I have no idea if my resort has cake cutting sets or if I need to bring some down with me.  Do you ladies know if most resorts have them?

#13 Melly81

Melly81
      • 49 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 05:21 AM

I hope my resort provides them because that is one thing I do not want to bring down!!  My list of things to bring is starting to get pretty long!!!

#14 monicak

monicak
        • 63 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 08:25 AM

I purchased my own flutes and cake server set and had no issues when I put it in our luggage.  Tip - keep it in it's original box and travel with it like, they shouldn't break.  I found a Lenox set at Macys for $15 each.

#15 capecodder

capecodder
          • 234 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 04:18 AM

Just got word back from my resort and they do have some we can use there.  Thank heavens!!  Don't want to bring anything more down than we already are. lol!

#16 jmastr05

jmastr05
            • 189 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 11:07 AM

I'd be shocked if a resort did NOT have champagne flutes and cake cutters. Weddings aside, resorts serve champagne/sparkling wine and cake during the normal course of business.

But now that I think of it, it's always better to ask and be sure than to assume!

Originally Posted by capecodder 

Just got word back from my resort and they do have some we can use there.  Thank heavens!!  Don't want to bring anything more down than we already are. lol!

#17 anudrm

anudrm
              • 760 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 12:31 PM

frufru-shishi...I Like those words....are they words? LOL 

so its funny I just found this thread.  Went home to my moms this weekend and she showed me the cake serving set and the toasting flutes that she bought for FI and I for the wedding.  I felt like such a jerk, but I was like "MOM!  How are we going to get those down south?"  Luckily I didnt hurt her feelings too much, we both laughed because she said, I dont know, i was going to give them to you to bring down.  I talked her into returning them or giving them to someone else for their wedding.

Its sooo not worth the hassle.  (plus they were VERY frufru-shishi.... not my style at ALL)  I like to keep it simple, thats why we HAD the destination wedding to begin with!

Unfortunately i didnt know how to break it to her that a white satin wedding album is not really my style either.  sooooo I will have to bite the bullet on that one.  But seriously, white satin??? will people need to wear gloves to look at our wedding album????  I mentioned that it would be hard to keep clean and that it would get dusty, and she told me that I had to keep it in the box????? OR i could wash it.  How does one wash a photoalbum???  LOL.  gotta love mom-logic!

#18 capecodder

capecodder
                • 234 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 04:12 PM

I was thinking the same thing but if I didn't check, I know that would be on my mind constantly!

Originally Posted by jmastr05 

I'd be shocked if a resort did NOT have champagne flutes and cake cutters. Weddings aside, resorts serve champagne/sparkling wine and cake during the normal course of business.

But now that I think of it, it's always better to ask and be sure than to assume!

#19 charitydawn

charitydawn
                  • 157 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 05:24 PM

I want to bring ours.. We're not planning on packing our OOT bags. going to give them to our guests at the air port so this frees up a lot of space!

#20 FutureMrsDawson

FutureMrsDawson
                    • 154 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 03:33 PM

Another thing to put on the list to ask the resort, but I assume they'll have one.  As we bought so much stuff for the OOT bags, I'm getting one more thing I have to pack!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users