Photo

Post your centerpieces here

• Please log in to reply
1363 replies to this topic

#831 cbandemer

cbandemer
  • 213 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 09:28 AM

How big are those vases and how did you get them down there??

Originally Posted by jmastr05 

We used our bridesmaid bouquets as the center pieces to save on the florist bill. We had a vase on each table with water and clear marbles. After the wedding party made its entrance to the reception, each girl dropped her bouquet into a vase. The center pieces were small, but i purposely went light on the decor so that ti didn't distract from Aruba's natural beauty. Here are the before and after pictures.

DSC_5613.jpg

DSC_5787.jpg

#832 cbandemer

cbandemer
    • 213 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 09:31 AM

These are gorgeous. How did you get the vases down there? Are those real flowers??

Originally Posted by LanaM 

Here are our centerpieces.

Our WC had what she called "canoes." They were filled with sand and the place cards were stuck into the sand to keep them from blowing away. I didn't get to see the "canoes" before hand, or I would have tried to procure more to space the cards out more. But the idea worked and can be adjusted to fit the number of place cards that you'll need. Here's a picture (didn't want to overload my last post with too many pictures).

DSC_5644.jpg

#833 jmastr05

jmastr05
      • 189 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 01:10 PM

The vases were about 6 in x 6 in, give or take. The reason I am not sure if that the WC provided them (which means I didn't transport them to the destination). I sent her a picture of what I wanted, and she told me it would not be a problem to rent them.

The WC also provided the "canoes" for the place cards. But I think those wouldn't be too hard to fly down if that's that you're thinking of using. Another idea presented to us by the resort's Food and Beverage Manager was to use shells with a groove cut into them. Each place card would be wedged into the groove and anchored down. Like this:

How big are those vases and how did you get them down there??

#834 Brenners

Brenners
        • 807 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 08:07 PM

I really like the idea of the canoe and the sand.  I will have to look around to find something similar.  Thank you for solving my problem! 

The vases were about 6 in x 6 in, give or take. The reason I am not sure if that the WC provided them (which means I didn't transport them to the destination). I sent her a picture of what I wanted, and she told me it would not be a problem to rent them.

The WC also provided the "canoes" for the place cards. But I think those wouldn't be too hard to fly down if that's that you're thinking of using. Another idea presented to us by the resort's Food and Beverage Manager was to use shells with a groove cut into them. Each place card would be wedged into the groove and anchored down. Like this: http://www.mywedding...ard-holder.html. Unfortunately, we didn't realize that the place cards were going to be a problem with the wind. So we were already at out destination and having a run-through with the WC when this matter came up. The "canoes" seemed like the easiest solution, and I wasn't very picky about this detail. (As I mentioned, I do wish that the place cards could have been more spread out. But it's a minor detail).

#835 Marlena

Marlena
          • 254 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 06:53 AM

I really like the 'canoe' idea! I bet with stores will have fancy baskets like that coming out soon for Christmas (yes. I said Christmas in September)

#836 LisaandJeff

LisaandJeff
            • 296 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 08:21 AM

Photo by Alec and T. (www.alecandt.com)

0232_AlecT-Picks.JPG

June 18, 2011 * Cabo Azul Resort

#837 jmastr05

jmastr05
              • 189 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 12:12 PM

Lisa, I really like those center pieces. Would you use the same colors?

Kelly, I agree about the petite part. My seating arrangement was 6 round tables. It worked out that at each table was a group of people that all knew each other. I didn't want the center pieces to get in the way of them interacting. So I went with smaller center pieces as well.

Originally Posted by kellygrrrl 

I really like the idea of doing something petite like this. I'm envisioning a long table for our ~15 guests, and this would be fab. : )

#838 Sllefebvr

Sllefebvr
                • 1,008 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 02:52 PM

I thought these were really nice and cost efficient!!

bevfabriccrafts_2169_726994761.jpg

#839 torilynnsmith

torilynnsmith
                  • 1,748 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 03:31 PM

BUUUUUUUUUUUT please forgive me!!!!!!

Here is a picture of another placecard in "sandbox" idea.  I have also seen them done in shallow pails, and a whole bunch of different ideas!

sand place cards.jpg

#840 proti007

proti007
                    • 467 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 04:06 PM

Here's ours!

Natalie_Greg_Wedding14013.jpgNatalie_Greg_Wedding14016.jpgNatalie_Greg_Wedding14018.jpg

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users