Photo

Post your centerpieces here

• Please log in to reply
1363 replies to this topic

#1111 Olivia Waugh

Olivia Waugh
  • 25 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 08:57 AM

Great idea! I don't think I have seen a thread like this yet...

#1112 Kay6356

Kay6356
    • 543 posts
    • Wedding Date:January 24, 2014
    • Wedding Location:Iberostar Laguna Azul
    • LocationVaradero, Cuba

Posted 21 October 2012 - 05:24 PM

We aren't bring center pieces to Cuba with us, so we are using silk rose petals in our colours and "sprinkling" them on the table.

But for the AHR this is our inspiration!!

We will be using the white lantern.

#1113 Kay6356

Kay6356
    • 543 posts
    • Wedding Date:January 24, 2014
    • Wedding Location:Iberostar Laguna Azul
    • LocationVaradero, Cuba

Posted 21 October 2012 - 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by chantal09 

Love the bling chandelier! Here are mine

I will probably use a narrower vase so the candle matches and clear beads in the bottom rather than the rocks.

Are the orchids fake flowers? I have been looking everywhere for purple/blue orchids!!! where did you get them?

#1114 somethingblue77

somethingblue77
    • 30 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 08:18 AM

Wow great inspirational pictures! I love them all!

I don't have a picture but I will describe it. :) My centre piece will consists of seashells and other "sea" stuff in a clear glass round vases filled with water with a floating candle on top. I bought these fake seashells and bits from Michaels Store, round vases from Dollarama and floating candles from Ikea.

The only challenge I see if bringing 5 glass vases down to mexico in a suitcase. :/

#1115 mimiq

mimiq
      • 184 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 02:00 PM

wow, there is some great inspiration here!!

#1116 chantal09

chantal09
        • 192 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by Kay6356 

Are the orchids fake flowers? I have been looking everywhere for purple/blue orchids!!! where did you get them?

I will be using real ones because the fake would be almost the same $$ the only place I've found that has them is a company called artistic floral design. Google them and check it out... B/C we are looking to do the 3 vase combo it was just about the same cost for the trio of vases, candle, rocks and flowers... Not worth the hassle of bringing it down for me personally

#1117 Akumal Bride

Akumal Bride
          • 29 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 12:30 PM

Seeing as our wedding was in Mexico, I decided to make tissue paper flowers for our centerpieces and napkin rings (people ended up wearing the flowers as the night wore on and the tequila flowed). I'm sure I saved some money, but it was pretty time consuming to make the flowers in the months before the wedding. I bought some cheap vases and margarita pitchers at an awesome glass store in Playa Del Carmen, then picked up limes at a local farmers market.

#1118 Rpc51

Rpc51
            • 106 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 04:01 PM

I don't want much weight so I am using foldable vases and wine glass shades. I ordered way too many shades so if anyone needs some, I am selling them for $1.50 each.

#1119 BridetobeABCD

BridetobeABCD
              • 221 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 04:12 PM

Love the creativity! Great inspiration! I am looking for the cheapest and easiest centrepeice to bring to Mexico however elegant and classy.

#1120 Jenntim311

Jenntim311
                • 39 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:20 PM

Seeing as our wedding was in Mexico, I decided to make tissue paper flowers for our centerpieces and napkin rings (people ended up wearing the flowers as the night wore on and the tequila flowed). I'm sure I saved some money, but it was pretty time consuming to make the flowers in the months before the wedding. I bought some cheap vases and margarita pitchers at an awesome glass store in Playa Del Carmen, then picked up limes at a local farmers market. Posted Image Posted Image

Wow!! Beautiful centerpieces!! Was it hard to travel to MX with the tissue paper flowers? How do you make them? They are beautiful!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users