Photo

OOT bag explosion!

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 spawithlisab

spawithlisab
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 07:34 PM

Ok so I started picking up things for my OOT bags and before I knew it they are busting at the seams!  I have so much stuff to go in my medium size bags from Bath & Body Works and that doesn't even include bottles of water or homemade cookies!   I am not sure what to do , any suggestions?  FI will not let me buy new bags, since I need 20 of them..... :(

So far I have-

Bath &body works coconut lotion Full size

Small Bath & body works candle

water jugs w/ handles (1 for each guest in room)

first aid kit

assorted snacks- crackers w/ peanut butter, pretzels, trail mix, gum, crystal light drink mix-I am making homemade cookies just before packing.

small kit w/ bobbie pins, hair band, and safety pins

tissues

nail file

room key holder w/ lanyard

sewing kit (mini)

Still to come from Vista Print- welcome letter, thank you card, and to do "menu" card !

I will post pics soon!

#2 ps31

ps31
    • 54 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 11:00 PM

Well I'm not sure what your bags look like or how sturdy they are, but could you attach the mugs (depending on how heavy they are) to the outside of the bag using ribbon?  Or by keeping everything in the bag, use the space in the mugs to tuck away your snacks??

#3 elisamarie

elisamarie
      • 222 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 11:09 PM

You could put the snacks in a separate bag, like the clear treat bags some girls have used, and hand them out at the airport for people to eat on the plane? That way also you wouldn't have to pack them in your luggage at all.

Getting married at Playa Pesquero! - 35 booked!!

#4 JayKay

JayKay
        • 3,472 posts
        • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
        • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
        • LocationSouthern Alberta

Posted 04 August 2011 - 12:26 PM

You could put all the snacks in a seperate bag and attach it.  Would love to see your bags.

#5 torilynnsmith

torilynnsmith
        • 1,748 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 12:30 PM

You will have to post pictures, I am not sure how big your bags are!!!!

I think the snacks in the mugs or in a separate "disposable" type bag is a great idea!

#6 DramaticAnnie

DramaticAnnie
          • 281 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 03:06 PM

I agree, I'd stash the snacks inside the mug, or if your mug has a handle or clip or whatever you could somehow fasten it to the handle of your bag? I wanna see pictures too :)

~Married aboard the cruise ship the 'Carnival Dream'~
            ~Carnival Dream Wedding April 28th, 2012, then set sail on a 7 night Caribbean Cruise April 28th-May 5th, 2012~

#7 emma79

emma79
            • 27 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 06:57 PM

I'm thinking I might end up with the same problem...lol Good luck!

#8 Sllefebvr

Sllefebvr
              • 1,008 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 07:05 PM

These oot bags are also going to be the death of me!! It is SO hard to stop buying!! I'd love to hear your solution but the ideas on here are good ones about putting your snacks in the jugs!!

#9 mandijacole

mandijacole
                • 156 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 07:10 PM

Yes, I also think that you could put items in the mugs.  If that doesn't work maybe you could just have the bags set up in their rooms with the mugs and water set up nicely beside the bag?

#10 Gin Bootles

Gin Bootles
                  • 260 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 09:36 PM

wow that is a lot of stuff! one thing that i would look at will be how easy will it be to transfer all that stuff, will the homemade cookies travel well, and how much are you willing to pay for extra luggage? that is what i need to keep in mind :)

All because, two people fell in love!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users