Jump to content

Photo

Canadian Brides!!!!!!!!!


  • Please log in to reply
3739 replies to this topic

#2751 Sjay

Sjay
  • Jr. Member
  • 205 posts

    Posted 03 October 2012 - 08:34 AM

    Originally Posted by FireyNurse 

    I was just at RW & Co yesterday and they have an off white coloured dress shirt, might be worth a try if you haven't already checked there :o)

     

    Good Luck!

     

    I went into RW&Co and found the shirt, but unfortunately it's not really off-white. It looked ivory on the table but when I took it into the light, saw it was a white, but a warm white (vs a bright white which is blue-based). Store lighting can be tricky - you have to check colours carefully and ideally in natural light if possible. Thanks again for the suggestion though!



    #2752 FireyNurse

    FireyNurse
    • Jr. Member
    • 389 posts

      Posted 03 October 2012 - 01:56 PM

      Originally Posted by Sjay 

       

      I went into RW&Co and found the shirt, but unfortunately it's not really off-white. It looked ivory on the table but when I took it into the light, saw it was a white, but a warm white (vs a bright white which is blue-based). Store lighting can be tricky - you have to check colours carefully and ideally in natural light if possible. Thanks again for the suggestion though!

      Oh shoot! Good luck on your search! 



      #2753 justine416

      justine416
      • Newbie
      • 95 posts

        Posted 03 October 2012 - 06:19 PM

        Thanks, I'll take a look!

        Try Thommy Bahamas, that's where our groomsmen are all buying their beige shirts

        #2754 Sjay

        Sjay
        • Jr. Member
        • 205 posts

          Posted 04 October 2012 - 10:49 AM

          Originally Posted by justine416 


          Try Thommy Bahamas, that's where our groomsmen are all buying their beige shirts

          Thanks, but my FI looked there already. He only found casual shirts that were too big and boxy for his frame. The search continues!



          #2755 CourtBestBride

          CourtBestBride
          • Newbie
          • 70 posts

            Posted 04 October 2012 - 12:45 PM

            Originally Posted by Sjay 

            Thanks, but my FI looked there already. He only found casual shirts that were too big and boxy for his frame. The search continues!

            Have you tried Winners? I was ironing some of my fiances work  dress shirts and he has a light biege one and the label says "Perry Ellis" I believe you can buy that brand there! Crazy how much effort over a shirt lol Good luck! :)



            #2756 erin2100

            erin2100
            • Newbie
            • 31 posts

              Posted 04 October 2012 - 01:31 PM

              After much debate and going back and forth, we've decided to stick with the white shirts for the guys even though my dress is ivory. I figure everything will all look different in natural light anyway, and with the guys beige pants, everything will tie in together nicely. Found this older thread on the same topic with pics and I think it looks great with ivory, white and beige. http://www.bestdesti...hite-linen-suit

              #2757 Sjay

              Sjay
              • Jr. Member
              • 205 posts

                Posted 05 October 2012 - 08:36 AM

                Originally Posted by CourtBestBride 

                Have you tried Winners? I was ironing some of my fiances work  dress shirts and he has a light biege one and the label says "Perry Ellis" I believe you can buy that brand there! Crazy how much effort over a shirt lol Good luck! :)

                We've got a Winners very close by - we've been checking it twice weekly for about a month now. No go. I dunno, maybe it's the time of year? My FI was supposed to find his shirt and tie in the spring summer (since our colours are lighter) but he didn't bother <sigh> and yup, now it's a lot of work. 

                Thanks for the suggestion!



                #2758 Sjay

                Sjay
                • Jr. Member
                • 205 posts

                  Posted 05 October 2012 - 08:42 AM

                  Originally Posted by erin2100 

                  After much debate and going back and forth, we've decided to stick with the white shirts for the guys even though my dress is ivory. I figure everything will all look different in natural light anyway, and with the guys beige pants, everything will tie in together nicely. Found this older thread on the same topic with pics and I think it looks great with ivory, white and beige.
                  http://www.bestdesti...hite-linen-suit

                  Thanks for sharing that link Erin. My preference is still that my FI wear an off-white shirt, and he's found one that will require alterations, but at least he'll have a perfectly tailored shirt that he'll get a lot of use of. 



                  #2759 flloyd75

                  flloyd75
                  • Newbie
                  • 18 posts

                    Posted 05 October 2012 - 08:55 AM

                    We decided to go with black linen shirts for the guys.... We found them at le chateau of all places and I know they had them in white and ivory, they were $39!

                    #2760 KristieT

                    KristieT
                    • Jr. Member
                    • 430 posts

                      Posted 05 October 2012 - 10:33 AM

                      Originally Posted by jreist 

                      I ordered some from California Sea Shell Company but duty was VERY expensive. I think if you get a 40% off coupon from Michaels on each bag of shells then they turn out to be a pretty good price. You may also ask your florist in your destination, they may rent them out to you! I've also seen some in Winners, but they come in bags of other stuff (like wood, tweed etc), but you still get about 5 in a bag for $12 (even if it means you throw out the rest of the stuff). 

                       

                      I also found some on Kijiji for cheap. you could try ebay? 

                      Hello,

                       

                      I bought my starfish off ebay! Seller hogg14 I purchased 50 4-6inch statfish for $38 plus $10 shipping (to Calgary)

                      They are perfect! I plan on using them for my place cards! Even though I purchased the 4-6 inch they really dont seem that big. The measurements are decieving as the length is from one tip to tip.






                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users