Canadian Brides!!!!!!!!!

• Please log in to reply
3739 replies to this topic

#2701 belledame

belledame
  • 195 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 10:15 PM

Hello ladies!

Quick question... we are planning on flying down our own photographer from Canada. Do any you brides have any in mind?

#2702 Donna Hewitt

Donna Hewitt
    • 227 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 11:17 PM

We've hired Phil Steingard - But he's a bit pricey... and I'm not sure if he flies in places... He's based out of Alliston, ON - and he just happens to be in Punta Cana during our wedding... so that saves on the expenses... I heard about him from another bride on here...

http://www.steingard...folio/Weddings/

#2703 JA2012

JA2012
      • 334 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 09:07 AM

Question!

When you fly in your photographer, do you pay for their flight, accommodation AND their wedding photography package?? I was wondering about this and felt like it may make more sense to just hire a certified professional from the destination I'll be heading to.

#2704 AD2012

AD2012
        • 240 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by jreist 

Has anyone gotten their teeth whitened? Is there a particular whitening system that has worked?

My husband and I whitened our teeth before we left for our wedding. I'm not sure what kind of whitening treatment we had, but we had molds made by our dentist, put the whitening solution in the molds twice a day for  30 minutes or you can get the overnight solution. It made our teeth very sensitive so I only ended up doing it once a day for the duration of my morning shower and noticed a difference. If you have caps or fillings in your teeth those won't whiten. If you're going in for a checkup or cleaning you should talk to your dentist about it as whitening kits from the dentist are much more effective.

#2705 AD2012

AD2012
          • 240 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 09:24 AM

To all the Edmonton Brides out there, Groupon has Bridal-Gown Dry Cleaning and Preservation coupon.  Expires June 13, 2012.

http://www.groupon.com/edmonton

#2706 Ploman

Ploman
            • 425 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by JA2012 

Question!

When you fly in your photographer, do you pay for their flight, accommodation AND their wedding photography package?? I was wondering about this and felt like it may make more sense to just hire a certified professional from the destination I'll be heading to.

I am just paying for their flight and accommodation, and since we have a lot of guests it is free for us because we get $6000 in free travel credits. She will then take pictures for 3 hours on the wedding day and do a trash the dress shoot the following day. She will edit the pictures and give them all to us on digital discs so we can have digital copies and print out as we wish. This beats a lot of photographers which charge for the photography service PLUS $5-$10 per picture. 

If we didn't get free travel credits then it may be most cost effective to hire someone down there. Plus I only heard of this girl because she's a friends sister, she doesn't do destination weddings normally. 

Iberostar Rose Hall Beach, Montego Bay

91 guests and counting....

#2707 Ploman

Ploman
              • 425 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 09:57 AM

Oh forgot to say that if we want extra time then we will pay for that too, but I haven't asked how much lol

Iberostar Rose Hall Beach, Montego Bay

91 guests and counting....

#2708 Dazeydawl

Dazeydawl
                • 861 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by JA2012 

Question!

I am flying in my photographer. She is giving us a full day (10 hrs) plus a next day TTD shoot. We also get all images on a disc.. $1000 credit towards the making of a professional album and $200 credit to use for photos or thank you cards. This package they usually charge almost $6000 but for destination weddings they charge $2000 plus travel expenses.

#2709 Dazeydawl

Dazeydawl
                  • 861 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 02:21 PM

I should mention that  in all its costing us about $3500 - $4000

#2710 Sjay

Sjay
                    • 205 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 10:45 AM

Any GTA-area brides going to the National Bridal Show this weekend in Mississauga? I've less than 3 months to go, but I'm going to look for a last few small things I need...plus I love the freebies, especially the magazines! :)

I've been looking for an online promo code but I'm coming up empty - does anyone have one?

I'll keep searching and if I find one, I'll be sure to post it here.

Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users