Oh the decor dilemma .... Our resort does a basic ceremony, dinner and reception set up and then there is a cost for different decor packages. The basic package includes white chair covers, white linens (at dinner and reception) and that type of stuff. We can add aisle runner, chair sashes, colour on gazebo or chuppa arch etc. We have opted for the basic set up package as i did not want to spend upwards of $1000 for decor that I don't even LOVE. There is only one or 2 elements from each package that I even like.
SOOOOOOOOOOO here is what I have decided.
- Shell pomanders on 3.5 ft sheppards hooks to line the aisle
- no aisle runner
- no additional colour to chuppa
- no chair sashes
- reserved seating signs for parents
I am considering doing raffia and starfish but they would have to be pinned to the backs of the chairs and I just don't think it is worth it so I will likely just keep it nice and simple. I am loving incorporating white into my colours so the white chair covers and white billowing curtains for my arch I think will be perfect!
We are doing a semi private dinner so I do not want a TON of decor.
- MR and MRS chair signs for FI and My chairs at dinner
- Reserved seating signs (same as ceremony) for parents
- Possibly using tule (i bought for another project and ended up not using) in our colour to run down the middle of the table
- 4 or so centre pieces on the table
I cannot decide whether to use the BM and my bouquet as the centre pieces and save on some cost or do something a little different... I really like height in centrepieces so this is what I came up with let me know what you think
(sorry the picture is sideways.... the second is a close up of the shells at the end of the grasses)
- centrepieces on all round tables
- maybe use the sheppard hooks with lanterns around the site of the reception (battery operated tea lights in lanterns)
I really just want a romantic simple elegant feel and do not want to be lugging a TON of stuff, I already have all my OOT stuff to bring.
Let me know what you think and where you think I should maybe add stuff or if you have any ideas!!!!