Photo

Canadian Brides!!!!!!!!!

• Please log in to reply
3739 replies to this topic

#1201 canadiangirl

canadiangirl
  • 1,252 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 06:32 PM

this is where we are getting ours...they are only .98 each for 8" (paper lanterns)

http://www.justartif...et/8blpala.html

Two hands will join together on their special day and look at each other and say I DO on April 14 2012 in Montego Bay Jamaica

#1202 atalanta

atalanta
    • 326 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 07:35 PM

@celticgirl,

I keep going back and forth about the decorations. I really don't want to pay for premium decorations. Yet at the same time, I'd rather not lug that stuff around on our honeymoon or ask someone to take it back for us.

A former BDW bride, prettypigpig, once said that she asked people if they remembered the centerpieces at the last wedding they attended and only the brides remembered. That got me thinking about all of the weddings I attended. I only remembered two centerpieces out of more than 2 dozen weddings. The only reasons I remembered those two were 1) we got to take one of them home and 2) we got to eat the other. My unscientific conclusion is that the centerpieces have to be interactive to be memorable.

So I've been thinking about making our centerpieces interactive or scrapping them. I'm like you in that I think the setting is beautiful enough that we really don't need additional decor. The only problem is that we already incorporated these high floral centerpieces in our package, and I'm afraid that we won't be able to get a refund if we decide not to get it.

Originally Posted by celticgirl 

woooo hooooo, now I have a place to chit chat AND a place to OOT ahaha. thanksss tori! OH guess what, I got my wedding ring designed! YAY! Its a channel band, the two outer rows are white diamonds, and the inner row is black diamond... I am VERY excited to see the final product when it is made, I will take a picture for you! Everyone at the store was amazed with what I had designed, they had never seen/thought of using black diamonds in a wedding ring! Hopefully it turns out well... I cant believe I am putting together all the pieces now... my next task is to figure out some decor... My resort wants 3500 for decorations.... EEEEEEK thats more than our flights combined, or our dinner AND open bar combined... I dont understand, since most of the stuff can be reusable... oh well.. I am considering getting most of it myself, but then there is the question of wether or not I will have time to decorate, or if I can even get it down there... hmmmm are you ladies doing anything yourself for decor, or just biting the bullet and paying? My ceremony is fully decorated, but not my reception!

#1203 canadiangirl

canadiangirl
      • 1,252 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 06:47 AM

just wanted to let you know of a great place to get your table linens if you havent already...this is who we are using and i love them.

http://www.tableclothsfactory.com/

Originally Posted by atalanta 

@celticgirl,

I keep going back and forth about the decorations. I really don't want to pay for premium decorations. Yet at the same time, I'd rather not lug that stuff around on our honeymoon or ask someone to take it back for us.

A former BDW bride, prettypigpig, once said that she asked people if they remembered the centerpieces at the last wedding they attended and only the brides remembered. That got me thinking about all of the weddings I attended. I only remembered two centerpieces out of more than 2 dozen weddings. The only reasons I remembered those two were 1) we got to take one of them home and 2) we got to eat the other. My unscientific conclusion is that the centerpieces have to be interactive to be memorable.

So I've been thinking about making our centerpieces interactive or scrapping them. I'm like you in that I think the setting is beautiful enough that we really don't need additional decor. The only problem is that we already incorporated these high floral centerpieces in our package, and I'm afraid that we won't be able to get a refund if we decide not to get it.

Two hands will join together on their special day and look at each other and say I DO on April 14 2012 in Montego Bay Jamaica

#1204 atalanta

atalanta
        • 326 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 03:48 PM

@Canadiangirl,

These prices are wonderful. Darn they don't have our purple!

Originally Posted by canadiangirl 

just wanted to let you know of a great place to get your table linens if you havent already...this is who we are using and i love them.

http://www.tableclothsfactory.com/

#1205 Cynlee143

Cynlee143
          • 174 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 04:39 PM

Thanks for the website!! Shipping cost is not bad either :)

Originally Posted by canadiangirl 

this is where we are getting ours...they are only .98 each for 8" (paper lanterns)

http://www.justartif...et/8blpala.html

#1206 canadiangirl

canadiangirl
            • 1,252 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 05:57 PM

i know... i love their items, since our theme is not your typical theme it has been hard to find stuff.... but if you need more sites for anything i have a ton lol this has been 2 years for me in the making lol so im all about the deals 

#1207 ShellyCarter

ShellyCarter
              • 217 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 09:24 PM

Hey I booked threw flight centre and I am working with jenna brown.

she's so great to work with via phone or email 

always quick responses. 

Married! xo

#1208 J and G 2012

J and G 2012
                • 423 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 08:56 AM

Ladies, if anyone is on I could really use your advice,

I'm not going to re-type the whole story but the decision has to made tonight.

Please Help :(

http://www.bestdesti...get-brides-help

Jamie

#1209 hatfiehm

hatfiehm
                  • 270 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 09:43 AM

I'm with you atalanta, I am skipping centerpeices and most decor for the wedding in Punta Cana.  I did buy some white chinese lanterns and I may use to hang, and the bridesmaids bouquets on the tables.  But I think the scenery is beautiful enough!  I'm going for the crisp clean white dishes and napkins that are provided and the tables on the boat for our reception are teak, with teak chairs so I am going sans linens.  People are NOT going to remember the decor, they will remember the trip and the memories you all made, IMO.

For the at home reception I am doing some beachy centerpeices and lumis, all DIY and likely with some vases from dollarama.

Originally Posted by atalanta 

@celticgirl,

Holly

#1210 MJKH

MJKH
                    • Site Supporter
                    • 654 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 10:04 AM

Has anyone ever ordered from this place?  http://cadeauxperfetto.com/

Right now there is a special for $100 worth of product for $30...looks like they have lots of interesting things, including beachy cake toppers, and DW favours.

http://www.teambuy.c...2hmis/28134502/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users