Jump to content
torilynnsmith

Canadian Brides!!!!!!!!!

Recommended Posts

OMG that is soo amazing!! congratulations!!!

 

i have about 20 i want to loose but i figure that is what dress fittings are for! lol!!
 

Originally Posted by luvmoo View Post

I totally agree with you!!!  i delayed as much as i could on getting my dress... until i got panicked about the time ( even though i still had 7 months) hahaha but like you i am losing weight.. and so it was hard... BUT.. all i did was found a dress that i loved.. and that i made sure, was easy to alter to whtever size i went down to.. without affecting the style of the dress.. the other thing is, if you get a dress with a tie up back ( my dress didn't have one so i am altering it and getting the tie up back put in) that also allows it to go a bit tighter and be flexible size wise. 

 

And just because i am soo happy... and i love you ladies and all of the support and ideas we bounce off of eachother... i am happy to say.. since January 25th.. i have been losing weight .. and i have officially lost ( as of today) 50.6 pounds!!! *fist pump*  i still have another 40-45 pounds to go... but i am one step further to being a trophy bride/ wife!! heheheheh woot.gif

 

 

So haftiehm you can always go dress hunting and find one that can be altered.. that way if you do lose weight it will be easy to get it to whatever size you are at that time.. but take the stress off.. pertaining to getting it :)
 



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@luvmoo,

 

Congratulations! woot.gifWhat an inspiration you are! I'm in there with you. I am trying to lose 25 lbs by the time I order my dress at Thanksgiving and 50 lbs by next July. I hope I can be as successful!

 

Congratulations again and a cheer for the next 50! cheer2.gif
 

Originally Posted by luvmoo View Post

I totally agree with you!!!  i delayed as much as i could on getting my dress... until i got panicked about the time ( even though i still had 7 months) hahaha but like you i am losing weight.. and so it was hard... BUT.. all i did was found a dress that i loved.. and that i made sure, was easy to alter to whtever size i went down to.. without affecting the style of the dress.. the other thing is, if you get a dress with a tie up back ( my dress didn't have one so i am altering it and getting the tie up back put in) that also allows it to go a bit tighter and be flexible size wise. 

 

And just because i am soo happy... and i love you ladies and all of the support and ideas we bounce off of eachother... i am happy to say.. since January 25th.. i have been losing weight .. and i have officially lost ( as of today) 50.6 pounds!!! *fist pump*  i still have another 40-45 pounds to go... but i am one step further to being a trophy bride/ wife!! heheheheh woot.gif

 

 

So haftiehm you can always go dress hunting and find one that can be altered.. that way if you do lose weight it will be easy to get it to whatever size you are at that time.. but take the stress off.. pertaining to getting it :)
 



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@luvmoo...WOW...congratulations and way to go!!!  *fist pump*

 

I'm with you girls...20 - 25 to go by the end of the year (my final dress fitting)!  I can just feel the pounds shedding all over this thread ; ) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm so happy a friend recommended this website.  The ideas and the support are great!!

 

@luvmoo...That is amazing!!  Good for you.  Any tips you can share with the rest of us??

 

I am waiting..not so patiently for my dress to come in.  I ordered it at the end of April and nothing yet.  Fingers crossed it comes soon!

 

Are any of you putting flowers in your hair?  I found a website flowersclip.com and they have really nice ones on there but I can't decide.  I really liked this one but not sure if it matches my bouquet that well.weddingbouqet1.jpg  Any thoughts would be great!!

 

 

Fuchsia-Tulip-1558-flower-hair-alligator-clip-thumb.jpg

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Congrats!!! I can tell you are very excited lol. I am waiting for mine to come in still it should come in by October. I would love to see pictures!!!!
 

Originally Posted by Krysta lee ann View Post

Wedding dress is in!!! Picking it up tomorrow!!! wooohoooo



 Congrats on all your hard work!!!! 50.6lbs is such a great accomplishment I am so happy for you!!! Keep up the good work!



Originally Posted by luvmoo View Post

I totally agree with you!!!  i delayed as much as i could on getting my dress... until i got panicked about the time ( even though i still had 7 months) hahaha but like you i am losing weight.. and so it was hard... BUT.. all i did was found a dress that i loved.. and that i made sure, was easy to alter to whtever size i went down to.. without affecting the style of the dress.. the other thing is, if you get a dress with a tie up back ( my dress didn't have one so i am altering it and getting the tie up back put in) that also allows it to go a bit tighter and be flexible size wise. 

 

And just because i am soo happy... and i love you ladies and all of the support and ideas we bounce off of eachother... i am happy to say.. since January 25th.. i have been losing weight .. and i have officially lost ( as of today) 50.6 pounds!!! *fist pump*  i still have another 40-45 pounds to go... but i am one step further to being a trophy bride/ wife!! heheheheh woot.gif

 

 

So haftiehm you can always go dress hunting and find one that can be altered.. that way if you do lose weight it will be easy to get it to whatever size you are at that time.. but take the stress off.. pertaining to getting it :)
 



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


I know what you mean, I always wanting to share "wedding related" stuff with all my wonderful Canadian brides!!!!  The inches is the most amazing part Jen, that has been my focus, not so much the number (I threw out our scale when we moved and refuse to get another one LOL) but the way I look and feel in my clothes.  I am in full on Moksha (hot yoga) mode and at last nights class I found my breathe and what a different experience it was.  I am noticing a difference in my body and FI is too!!! I am sure yours in pleased with your results so far!!!!!  Is he working on shedding for the wedding as well?  Mine is but it seems he hasnt made it to the gym this week..... hmmmmm

Originally Posted by luvmoo View Post

Thanks Tori!!  THAT is why i love you ladies!!!  the support and feedback on this site has been phenominal on here!!!!! when i found out i hit 50.6 today i couldn't wait to share it with someone and it is pretty sad i know.. but i wanted to come on here and say something on here!! only because 90% of woman want or hope to lose a few pounds before they get into the dress etc...  so if we can motivate eachother.. then even better!

 

heehehe I am pretty excited... I am feeling soooo much better!!!!!  I am down 50.6 pounds.. and have lost a total of 29 Inches on just my chest, stomach and hips!  and so at this point... whatever i lose between now and february will be a bonus... but i am hoping for another 40-45.. but if i only lost 5 i would still be happy hahaha.. 
 



 


Thanks Janet!!! Well, i am actually doing Jenny Craig... i was very apprehensive when i first joined.. as i didn't fully understand the program.. but i am here to say.. i LOVE it!!!!!! it was the best decision i have made this YEAR!! lol...  good for you girl for working out and working your butt of!! ;) your work will pay off for sure.. cause even though you may not be losing the pounds as fast as you would like, i bet you are losing inches!!!! and things are tightening up!! :) that is awesome girl!! keep it up!!!!!!! 



 



 


I think that hair flower looks great, are your girls wearing pink dresses?  I like that is compliments your bouquet but is not directly pulled from it!!!!

 

Originally Posted by capecodder View Post

I'm so happy a friend recommended this website.  The ideas and the support are great!!

 

@luvmoo...That is amazing!!  Good for you.  Any tips you can share with the rest of us??

 

I am waiting..not so patiently for my dress to come in.  I ordered it at the end of April and nothing yet.  Fingers crossed it comes soon!

 

Are any of you putting flowers in your hair?  I found a website flowersclip.com and they have really nice ones on there but I can't decide.  I really liked this one but not sure if it matches my bouquet that well.weddingbouqet1.jpg  Any thoughts would be great!!

 

 

Fuchsia-Tulip-1558-flower-hair-alligator-clip-thumb.jpg

 

 

 

 



 



Originally Posted by tamandrob View Post


Congrats!!! I can tell you are very excited lol. I am waiting for mine to come in still it should come in by October. I would love to see pictures!!!!
 



 Congrats on all your hard work!!!! 50.6lbs is such a great accomplishment I am so happy for you!!! Keep up the good work!





 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congrats Luvmoo! That is such an amazing accomplishment! You must feel so great. Congrats to the rest of you who are working hard too! It sounds like most of us are trying to get into the best shape of our lives for our weddings. If I was getting married at home, I def wouldn't be putting such a stress on this, but since I'll be sporting a bathing suit for a week, that changes things!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ladies looking for shells....

I was in bouclair home yesterday and they marked their bags of shells down 50%... so $3.99  a bag. Not sure if that is a great deal or not, since I haven't been looking for shells, but thought I;d pass along :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Way to go Luvmoo!! I know how hard it is! I'm at the -50lbs mark too! I'm also doing a eating program, not as intense as Jenny but hard enough for someone who has never dieted before it their life! I'm sure your were beautiful before but the way you will look on your wedding day, and the pictures you will have for the rest of your life, amazing! Congrats!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi I love the flower. I think you dont need to match your bouquet as long as it ties in with colors or something else :) My hair flower looks nothing like my bouquet. What are your wedding colors? Sorry if you said on another post and i missed it. You should check out Red-I by Chelsea. I keep recommending her LMAO but i cant help it cause she is awesome! she designed my hair flower for my TTD. Great, fast service and not expensive and she will custom make you something based on your vision. I met Chelsea through this forum. She actually designed all my jewelry as well. I cant say enough good things about her

 

 

Let us know if you choose this flower or find something else :)
 

Originally Posted by capecodder View Post

I'm so happy a friend recommended this website.  The ideas and the support are great!!

 

@luvmoo...That is amazing!!  Good for you.  Any tips you can share with the rest of us??

 

I am waiting..not so patiently for my dress to come in.  I ordered it at the end of April and nothing yet.  Fingers crossed it comes soon!

 

Are any of you putting flowers in your hair?  I found a website flowersclip.com and they have really nice ones on there but I can't decide.  I really liked this one but not sure if it matches my bouquet that well.weddingbouqet1.jpg  Any thoughts would be great!!

 

 

Fuchsia-Tulip-1558-flower-hair-alligator-clip-thumb.jpg

 

 

 

 



 


I saw some at the dollar store (Dollarama) in the decoration section just the other day. Really big bag for $2.00 they were all different sizes. I'm sure the ones at Bouclair are probably bigger and nicer so i would say thats a pretty good deal. :)
 

Originally Posted by Manda123 View Post

Ladies looking for shells....

I was in bouclair home yesterday and they marked their bags of shells down 50%... so $3.99  a bag. Not sure if that is a great deal or not, since I haven't been looking for shells, but thought I;d pass along :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×