Jump to content
torilynnsmith

Canadian Brides!!!!!!!!!

Recommended Posts


Oh the wonderful Vista Print.  

 

Ok so hear goes my experience/tips

 

Are you using "free" stuff from an email?  If so every time you add a new item you HAVE to access it through the email.

 

For example you have an email for a FREE pen and FREE mousepad (random) - Click the link in the email for the free pen, design it and in the cart.  Go back to the email click the free mousepad, design it and in the cart.  If you click on things direct from the website you will NOT get the promo you are seeing in your email.

 

FREE pens, notepads etc. are usually only 1 in quantity.  So if you add more than 1 to your cart you will be charged for them.  What you can do is do what most brides have done and add 1 of each single free thing you can get.

 

For example these are all usually single free items so put this in your cart

 

-1 tshirt, 1 tote bag, 1 note pad, 1 pen, 1 key chain, 1 hat 

 

you would then have to check it out and REORDER that entire order.  You will be charged shipping on each individual order though they will likely ship it all together.  This is where they get you with the FREE stuff it is FREE + shipping!!!

 

Hope this helps, give me more info if this isn't the problem you were having!

Originally Posted by MJKH View Post

HELLLLP ME!  I have been on Vistaprint all afternoon...wondering if someone knows the answer to this!  I have reached $237 worth of freebies, with lots of free things still to order, but now when I put them in the cart, I get charged for them.  Is there a cap/max on the $ value of free items per order you're allowed?????



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OMG. I just read a thread with rules for the planning thread. Here is a link to what the planning thread is and isn't supposed to be http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/forum/thread/24417/wedding-planning-journal-forum-and-posting-threads-read-first-before-posting. The title of the thread is

"Wedding Planning Journal" forum and posting threads...READ FIRST BEFORE POSTING! just in case the link doesn't work.

 

That said, I'm like MJKH, I love when the threads are detailed with lots of pics and words.

 

Originally Posted by torilynnsmith View Post

So is anyone as crazy as I am and has already started their planning thread?!! I am 6 months out tomorrow but there is SOOOOO much I want to include in my planning thread and I don't want to forget anything!!!! I have just been doing it in word so that I can be sure it is good to go in less than 185 days!!!!!!!  

 

I have a few questions thought before I pour my heart and soul into my planning thread ( I just want to share EVERYTHING)

 

- Is it just supposed to be pictures?  We all know I LOOOOOVE pictures but I also LOOOOOVE to write so I am sort of treating my planning thread as a blog post lol - People can skim through and just see pictures but there will also be lots of info

 

- are there planning thread rules?  Things I should or shouldn't include?  I basically plan to include EVERYTHING as I said lol

 

Just wondering what you guys are thinking/planning on doing or what your opinions are!!!   I want to detail my DIY projects as well but am thinking I may do a separate thread just for that... thoughts?!



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


I completely agree with the above! I like seeing the whole package! I like reading, but im also more of a visual person as well, so pictures always make it compelte for me! Especially if your trying to explain something... its also nice to show off all that hard work that went into the planning!!
 

Originally Posted by torilynnsmith View Post

So is anyone as crazy as I am and has already started their planning thread?!! I am 6 months out tomorrow but there is SOOOOO much I want to include in my planning thread and I don't want to forget anything!!!! I have just been doing it in word so that I can be sure it is good to go in less than 185 days!!!!!!!  

 

I have a few questions thought before I pour my heart and soul into my planning thread ( I just want to share EVERYTHING)

 

- Is it just supposed to be pictures?  We all know I LOOOOOVE pictures but I also LOOOOOVE to write so I am sort of treating my planning thread as a blog post lol - People can skim through and just see pictures but there will also be lots of info

 

- are there planning thread rules?  Things I should or shouldn't include?  I basically plan to include EVERYTHING as I said lol

 

Just wondering what you guys are thinking/planning on doing or what your opinions are!!!   I want to detail my DIY projects as well but am thinking I may do a separate thread just for that... thoughts?!


 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh man, I just caught up to our OOT thread, and its so overwhelming lol.. I NEED to stop looking at it, im at the point where I want to burn my statements and receipts, and I spend WAY more time on those bags than the wedding itself lol.

On another note! I BOUGHT ANOTHER DRESS!!! YAY! im wearing it for my reception because as I stated before, I do not want to be hot and sweaty lol. I HATE sweating.. and since I had my boy, it seems like I have lost my ability to cope with the heat.  I posted it earlier, but I will post again because I LOVE IT! here is my dress: reception.jpg


OK, so I have a picture of my wedding band. BUT it looks off next to my Ering.  this picture is the last time I  sent it back, so its still bigger than what it is present date.  My reasoning for it being so big, is that I am a nurse.  I can not wear my Ering, but I CAN have a wedding band.  FI wanted me to get something that I would love, as I will be wearing it daily.  The ONLY time I will be wearing my Ering is at night or if we go out, so I opted for a larger wedding band.. So as I said, it looks off in this picture (But then again this picture is old, so it no longer is as wide or tall as the pic).  I should probably wait to give you the finished picture, BUT I couldnt wait any longer.  I needed to show people this ring! I am starting to have doubts and am debating on exchanging for a simple band?!?! I HATE SECOND GUESSING!!!! here she is!
 

photo (7).JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Celticgirl,

I love the ring!! It's so different! I too have to get my band made, but not quite sure what I want to do with it.

 

Now, where did you get that dress!! I checked out the designers website and the closest one to me is in TO. I will travel but would prefer to buy online, if possible.

 

Originally Posted by celticgirl View Post

Oh man, I just caught up to our OOT thread, and its so overwhelming lol.. I NEED to stop looking at it, im at the point where I want to burn my statements and receipts, and I spend WAY more time on those bags than the wedding itself lol.

On another note! I BOUGHT ANOTHER DRESS!!! YAY! im wearing it for my reception because as I stated before, I do not want to be hot and sweaty lol. I HATE sweating.. and since I had my boy, it seems like I have lost my ability to cope with the heat.  I posted it earlier, but I will post again because I LOVE IT! here is my dress: reception.jpg


OK, so I have a picture of my wedding band. BUT it looks off next to my Ering.  this picture is the last time I  sent it back, so its still bigger than what it is present date.  My reasoning for it being so big, is that I am a nurse.  I can not wear my Ering, but I CAN have a wedding band.  FI wanted me to get something that I would love, as I will be wearing it daily.  The ONLY time I will be wearing my Ering is at night or if we go out, so I opted for a larger wedding band.. So as I said, it looks off in this picture (But then again this picture is old, so it no longer is as wide or tall as the pic).  I should probably wait to give you the finished picture, BUT I couldnt wait any longer.  I needed to show people this ring! I am starting to have doubts and am debating on exchanging for a simple band?!?! I HATE SECOND GUESSING!!!! here she is!
 

photo (7).JPG



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i will be starting my planning thread, once i get home and get to print stuff out, and put the stuff together.....so i say go and do it up hun!!!!!!

 

I think for us brides that are huge DIYers others are going to want to know it all... templates story behind it pictures and a how to guide for it all. (this is what im doing)

 

what i would do hun in regards to pictures, i would do pics with a blurb of what it is and how to do it all. Besides hun, anyone who knows you...knows that its going to include everything you can add, and its going to be full of info AKA LONG LMAO

 

I cant wait to see it hun...we have been going back and forth for so long with our ideas and final product, its going to be nice to see it all together lol
 

Originally Posted by torilynnsmith View Post

So is anyone as crazy as I am and has already started their planning thread?!! I am 6 months out tomorrow but there is SOOOOO much I want to include in my planning thread and I don't want to forget anything!!!! I have just been doing it in word so that I can be sure it is good to go in less than 185 days!!!!!!!  

 

I have a few questions thought before I pour my heart and soul into my planning thread ( I just want to share EVERYTHING)

 

- Is it just supposed to be pictures?  We all know I LOOOOOVE pictures but I also LOOOOOVE to write so I am sort of treating my planning thread as a blog post lol - People can skim through and just see pictures but there will also be lots of info

 

- are there planning thread rules?  Things I should or shouldn't include?  I basically plan to include EVERYTHING as I said lol

 

Just wondering what you guys are thinking/planning on doing or what your opinions are!!!   I want to detail my DIY projects as well but am thinking I may do a separate thread just for that... thoughts?!



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your ring is amazing...you did a great job getting it together, even with the extra drama it was well worth it.....CONGRATS JOB WELL WELL DONE
 

Originally Posted by J and G 2012 View Post

Celticgirl,

I love the ring!! It's so different! I too have to get my band made, but not quite sure what I want to do with it.

 

Now, where did you get that dress!! I checked out the designers website and the closest one to me is in TO. I will travel but would prefer to buy online, if possible.

 



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


I will have to check this out and see what the "rules" are! May just end up being multiple threads... lol

Originally Posted by atalanta View Post

OMG. I just read a thread with rules for the planning thread. Here is a link to what the planning thread is and isn't supposed to be http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/forum/thread/24417/wedding-planning-journal-forum-and-posting-threads-read-first-before-posting. The title of the thread is

"Wedding Planning Journal" forum and posting threads...READ FIRST BEFORE POSTING! just in case the link doesn't work.

 

That said, I'm like MJKH, I love when the threads are detailed with lots of pics and words.

 



 



 

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this dress and HAVE to know where you got it and if you are willing to share how much it was!?!

 

I also think you wedding band is great!!!!! It'll be nice reminder everyday for you since you cant wear your e-ring, I am excited to see the final product!!!!
 

Originally Posted by celticgirl View Post

Oh man, I just caught up to our OOT thread, and its so overwhelming lol.. I NEED to stop looking at it, im at the point where I want to burn my statements and receipts, and I spend WAY more time on those bags than the wedding itself lol.

On another note! I BOUGHT ANOTHER DRESS!!! YAY! im wearing it for my reception because as I stated before, I do not want to be hot and sweaty lol. I HATE sweating.. and since I had my boy, it seems like I have lost my ability to cope with the heat.  I posted it earlier, but I will post again because I LOVE IT! here is my dress: reception.jpg


OK, so I have a picture of my wedding band. BUT it looks off next to my Ering.  this picture is the last time I  sent it back, so its still bigger than what it is present date.  My reasoning for it being so big, is that I am a nurse.  I can not wear my Ering, but I CAN have a wedding band.  FI wanted me to get something that I would love, as I will be wearing it daily.  The ONLY time I will be wearing my Ering is at night or if we go out, so I opted for a larger wedding band.. So as I said, it looks off in this picture (But then again this picture is old, so it no longer is as wide or tall as the pic).  I should probably wait to give you the finished picture, BUT I couldnt wait any longer.  I needed to show people this ring! I am starting to have doubts and am debating on exchanging for a simple band?!?! I HATE SECOND GUESSING!!!! here she is!
 

photo (7).JPG



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yay you bought the dress!!!! and your ring is beautiful I would not second guess it at all!

 

Originally Posted by celticgirl View Post

Oh man, I just caught up to our OOT thread, and its so overwhelming lol.. I NEED to stop looking at it, im at the point where I want to burn my statements and receipts, and I spend WAY more time on those bags than the wedding itself lol.

On another note! I BOUGHT ANOTHER DRESS!!! YAY! im wearing it for my reception because as I stated before, I do not want to be hot and sweaty lol. I HATE sweating.. and since I had my boy, it seems like I have lost my ability to cope with the heat.  I posted it earlier, but I will post again because I LOVE IT! here is my dress: reception.jpg


OK, so I have a picture of my wedding band. BUT it looks off next to my Ering.  this picture is the last time I  sent it back, so its still bigger than what it is present date.  My reasoning for it being so big, is that I am a nurse.  I can not wear my Ering, but I CAN have a wedding band.  FI wanted me to get something that I would love, as I will be wearing it daily.  The ONLY time I will be wearing my Ering is at night or if we go out, so I opted for a larger wedding band.. So as I said, it looks off in this picture (But then again this picture is old, so it no longer is as wide or tall as the pic).  I should probably wait to give you the finished picture, BUT I couldnt wait any longer.  I needed to show people this ring! I am starting to have doubts and am debating on exchanging for a simple band?!?! I HATE SECOND GUESSING!!!! here she is!
 

photo (7).JPG



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well I don't think I am as crazy as you lol Just joking!!! I haven't started it but I have been thinking about it a lot and I can't wait to start but I need more things to come together first.

 

I think you should put everything in one so you can see the whole process from start to finish, also it is very nice to describe things and then have a pictures so brides can see what it look like!

 

I know whatever way you decide to do your thread it will be great! I can't wait to see it!

 

Originally Posted by torilynnsmith View Post

So is anyone as crazy as I am and has already started their planning thread?!! I am 6 months out tomorrow but there is SOOOOO much I want to include in my planning thread and I don't want to forget anything!!!! I have just been doing it in word so that I can be sure it is good to go in less than 185 days!!!!!!!  

 

I have a few questions thought before I pour my heart and soul into my planning thread ( I just want to share EVERYTHING)

 

- Is it just supposed to be pictures?  We all know I LOOOOOVE pictures but I also LOOOOOVE to write so I am sort of treating my planning thread as a blog post lol - People can skim through and just see pictures but there will also be lots of info

 

- are there planning thread rules?  Things I should or shouldn't include?  I basically plan to include EVERYTHING as I said lol

 

Just wondering what you guys are thinking/planning on doing or what your opinions are!!!   I want to detail my DIY projects as well but am thinking I may do a separate thread just for that... thoughts?!



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • Very thought provoking article it really helped me set up my strategies regarding. READ MORE : Login to Hotmail, Outlook using a Windows or Mac web browser Launch your web browser and login: Firstly, you need to launch your Windows or Mac web browser. Once you have successfully done so, go to the Hotmail sign in page:  http://hotmailaccount1811.blogspot.com Enter your email address and password: Once you have reached the Outlook sign-in page, you need to enter your Hotmail email address followed by your password then click Next. Congratulations, you have signed in: On the next page, select Sign In. Feel free to explore the services that are available to 
    • OMG these are incredible! Seriously blown away by the thoughtful detail you have put into every aspect of your gifts, your guests are going to be amazed! Props to you for adding so many personal touches and putting in so much time to make these gifts amazing!
    • These bags are amazing!! You are so organized and detailed, I am so impressed! I LOVE the Vistaprint stuff you ordered, the logo is so cute, I love your personalization!
    • I love etsy!! It's a great place to find personalized gifts without such a hefty price tag. I was thinking of getting my bridesmaids personalized necklaces with their names on them. I found these ones that are affordable and you can pick the chain length and different fonts, so you can really make them your own and pick what you know each bridesmaid will want. https://www.etsy.com/listing/595334072/personalized-name-necklace-stainless?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=personalized necklace&ref=sc_gallery-3-9&plkey=a8662525c53ec285c1b46b0f308162d0591edff8:595334072
    • Hi everyone, I am so happy that I am getting married to the love of my life. He proposed me and we are getting married within in a couple of months. And I have started preparations for my big day. I am super excited about a lot of things and also worried about many things.I have some inhibitions about my face and skin. Since I am a working woman, I have never got much time for personal care. This is the right time for it now. I need  proper medical grade skin care. Want to improve my skin tone and texture  I read some details about it here, https://www.mcleanclinic.com/nonsurgical-procedures/non-surgical/skin-care/, and found it really helpful. Can anyone of you suggest me some more tips? Like what I can do at home to have a glow on my face?  Thanks in advance.
  • Topics

×