DIY guest book pages (197mm x 197mm)

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 kkimi88

• 222 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 12:59 AM

After seeing a load of these pages priced at £7 (for just a pdf download) on Etsy I decided to try my hand at them. I'm absolutely thrilled with how they turned out and thought they might be of use to other brides out there!

Here's the first of two pages:

Also, for any UK brides, I then ordered them from http://www.fileprint.org for only £11 (inc. p&p) for 25 sets [50 total]. They haven't arrived yet (due later today) but I'll post photos and an update about the quality later, if anyone's interested. 

Attached Files

#2 kkimi88

• 222 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 02:45 AM

Well they arrived within two days and are on really good quality paper: they look great! Just be sure to "embed the font", as this caused a bit of a problem, which is having to be fixed now. Great value for money though! 

#3 Bruuning17

• 173 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 08:43 AM

Very pretty!

#4 torilynnsmith

• 1,748 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 08:45 AM

Great idea!!!!!! You designed this yourself?!

#5 kkimi88

• 222 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 10:17 AM

Thanks! Yeah, it was actually surprisingly easy. I just copied across a couple of images from google and our pseudo-monogram (the turtle :)) and created text boxes surrounded by shapes in publisher. I actually really enjoyed it, I love making DIY stuff! 

#6 bride2b2013

• 236 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 05:32 PM

You did a wicked job kim!  i love the idea!

Bride & Groom + 40 booked and counting :)

#7 canadiangirl

• 1,252 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 07:22 AM

I love this idea...i didnt even really think of a guest book....although i dont have the program to open it lol i love the way it looks!

Two hands will join together on their special day and look at each other and say I DO on April 14 2012 in Montego Bay Jamaica

#8 kkimi88

• 222 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 05:10 AM

Sorry, it does require publisher to play around with it. I'd upload it as a pdf but you wouldn't be able to edit names etc. then...

I'm really pleased with how they turned out, and they were really easy to do. Definitely my fave DIY so far. Gonna have this as the sentimental, traditional guestbook, then I'm having the whiteboard/dress-up photo booth for when people have had a few more drinks ;) 

#9 passionsarcasm

• 206 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 06:40 AM

I love this! I have been planning on doing the same...your pages turned out fantastic!

#10 amanda2286

• 162 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 05:04 AM

nice job, i love it!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users