Sky Lanterns!

• Please log in to reply
402 replies to this topic

#321 MelissaJamaica

• 5 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 11:14 AM

I am so excited to do these as well !  I will be ordering mine off of weddinglanterns.com 

#322 Lysswedding

• 158 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 05:12 PM

they look nice

#323 alexisinjamaica

• Moderators
      • 562 posts
      • Wedding Date:November 13, 2014
      • Wedding Location:Secrets St. James, Montego Bay
      • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 02 August 2012 - 11:31 AM

I bought 20 of these on an impulse one day when GroupOn or LivingSocial or one of the deal sites had a sale on them. I haven't cleared them with my resort yet and was hoping to show up with them and ask when we do our first meeting a few days before the wedding. I got them for like $30 and they pack flat, so I figure if they say no, no big deal. I could always sell them to another bride when I get back! :) But I'm also hoping that if I go to the trouble of taking them there and show them that they're eco-friendly and easy they'll just say yes. Fingers crossed!

#324 Shay4966

• Site Supporter
      • 262 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 08:21 AM

Does anyone know if they would allow this at the Riu Palace Riviera Maya?

#325 cheflady

• 153 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 07:25 AM

What a great idea!

#326 wallabymeisje

• 152 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 07:33 AM

i love these but they take a while to do like over 5 minutes plus some fell out of the sky after 10 minutes or so but they were awesome photo op

#327 wallabymeisje

• 152 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 09:54 AM

just be careful they do take awhile to take off

#328 WildAngel09

• 82 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 04:20 AM

We are doing these at our wedding also!  But what we discovered is that one person can't do it alone.  So we bought enough for each table since it has to be a group effort to get them lit and send them off!

#329 philanab

• 178 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 04:32 PM

We got the OK from our wedding coordinator at RIU PALACE PUNTA CANA, yay! My FI and I lit one up a few weeks ago in front of my bridesmaid's they were so impressed and said we HAVE to have them at our wedding. We were able to easily light one with only 2 people so I think we'll get one lantern for every couple or group of 3. Ebay seems to have a good selection.

#330 WildAngel09

• 82 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 09:02 AM

Yes 1 for every 2 is good if your crowd is younger.  I can not see my grandparents being able to handle one between the two of them.  So I guess it totally depends on your crowd.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users