Sign in to follow this  
proti007

Sky Lanterns!

Originally Posted by JBean View Post

I contacted the website and they said there are come metal components - so I did a bit more searching and found these: http://www.skylanterns2u.com

Metal-free, made with bamboo and recycled paper and FREE worldwide shipping! They were even used by Earth Hour Global.

Here's the bamboo and recycled paper lanterns that were mentioned earlier in the posts. They are a bit expensive but perhaps splitting with another bride could be an option. It does say however that they don't ship to the USA but there's nothing written about Canada. I'll inquire to find out.

Does anyone know if they allow these at the Hard Rock Punta Cana? I'm so in love with them and my FI is too!!:)

Has anyone had any problems bringing the lanterns (plus fuel cells) into Mexico? I haven't seen what the fuel cells look like or if they're considered a "dangerous good"?

There is another one internet store in Canada - flyhighlanterns.com. I highly recommend to contact wholesale department. I bought 100 pieces for reduculously low price. Call them to get a better price!

I was going to do sky lanterns too (I thought they became the rage when they did it on that Rapunzel movie... But I don't watch the bachelorette) but I just read a thread about how the Eco friendly ones aren't good for the environment either. I think I am going to skip it- I'll just feel too guilty. :(