Jump to content

Photo

****** Recommend me a Photographer in Jamaica/Ocho Rios ******


  • Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#1 jadesuga

jadesuga
  • Newbie
  • 10 posts

    Posted 06 July 2011 - 06:21 PM

    Hello all!

     

    My fiance and I are getting married in May 2012 at the Riu Ocho Rios and I'm stuck on deciding which photographer to go with!  Please recommend me a photographer and if you have any samples to share then please do so!!!

     

    Much appreciated!!

    Cheers

     



    #2 mrsdeloatch2be

    mrsdeloatch2be
    • Newbie
    • 141 posts

      Posted 07 July 2011 - 10:01 AM

      Marcia Roberts Photography-

       

      I just got married in Montego bay last week at the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites so I havent gotten my pictures yet, but she was awesome to work with and her prices were good.  The past reviews and photos have been awesome.  Check out her website.

       

      http://www.jamaicanphotography.com/

       


      June 30, 2011 Iberostar Rose Hall Suite, Montego Bay Jamaica~14 guests booked ~

      #3 jadesuga

      jadesuga
      • Newbie
      • 10 posts

        Posted 07 July 2011 - 06:01 PM

        Thanks mrsdeloatch2be. If you don't mind me asking, ow much did you spend on your package?

         

        I'm trying to find a reasonable yet a great photographer.

         

        Thanks!



        #4 JayKay

        JayKay
        • Sr. Member
        • 3,472 posts
        • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
        • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
        • LocationSouthern Alberta

        Posted 08 July 2011 - 05:36 PM

        We are using Merrick Cousley.  We chose him because his pictures are stunning and his prices were right.  Also, I liked that you hired him for the entire day, rather then just a few hours.



        #5 jadesuga

        jadesuga
        • Newbie
        • 10 posts

          Posted 08 July 2011 - 05:42 PM

          Hi JayKay

           

          How much were you quoted with Merrick Cousley?  I was just on his website and his photo's were beautiful. 

           

          I emailed him however if you could give me an idea of what he quoted you I would truly appreciate it.

           

          Thanks!



          #6 JayKay

          JayKay
          • Sr. Member
          • 3,472 posts
          • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
          • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
          • LocationSouthern Alberta

          Posted 08 July 2011 - 07:53 PM

           

          We chose the cheapest package which was $1050 in March (I believe the prices have gone up slightly, but I don't know by how much)  We also had to pay a $200 dollar fee for travel (so he can spend the night at the resort), which I was okay with because he comes from the opposite side of the island then where we are getting married. I would email him and inquire about current pricing and packages.  He usually is really quick to respond.
           

          Originally Posted by jadesuga 

          Hi JayKay

           

          How much were you quoted with Merrick Cousley?  I was just on his website and his photo's were beautiful. 

           

          I emailed him however if you could give me an idea of what he quoted you I would truly appreciate it.

           

          Thanks!



           



          #7 SouthernBelle83

          SouthernBelle83
          • Newbie
          • 19 posts

            Posted 09 July 2011 - 07:20 AM

            I am thinking of booking Marcia for my June 24 wedding. She gave me the option of two different packages... One was $1000 and the other was $1500.
             

            Originally Posted by jadesuga 

            Thanks mrsdeloatch2be. If you don't mind me asking, ow much did you spend on your package?

             

            I'm trying to find a reasonable yet a great photographer.

             

            Thanks!



             



            #8 jadesuga

            jadesuga
            • Newbie
            • 10 posts

              Posted 09 July 2011 - 11:44 AM

              Wow, that was a really good deal. I received his quotes and they have definitely gone up slightly.  He's covering the travel fee's but not the vendor fee at the resort... still deciding.
               

              Originally Posted by JayKay 

               

              We chose the cheapest package which was $1050 in March (I believe the prices have gone up slightly, but I don't know by how much)  We also had to pay a $200 dollar fee for travel (so he can spend the night at the resort), which I was okay with because he comes from the opposite side of the island then where we are getting married. I would email him and inquire about current pricing and packages.  He usually is really quick to respond.
               



               



               



              #9 wendyjd

              wendyjd
              • Member
              • 968 posts

                Posted 09 July 2011 - 04:54 PM

                Agree with MrsDeLoatch, Marcia and her assistant Chris were GREAT to work with.  We have amazing pics and in just over a month after the wedding we received a package with 2 discs worth of photos (we had 4 because she sent back up discs in case there was a problem with one set).  Our photos are on her website Wendy and Mark.



                #10 mmcst38

                mmcst38
                • Jr. Member
                • 237 posts

                  Posted 09 July 2011 - 05:24 PM

                  Our photographer was thru Sungold Photography/WPAJamaica, we choose the associate Geoferrey Berry...Loved our experience with him, no regrets, you can see some of our pics in the wedding/engagement pics thread...just says ROR wedding pics, good luck

                  JMS-776.jpgJMS-391.jpg


                  May 13, 2011
                  Riu Resort
                  Ochos Rios Jamaica




                  0 user(s) are reading this topic

                  0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users