Photo

Losing my "wedding planning mojo" Has anyone else felt this way?

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#31 X-Chan

X-Chan
  • 166 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 05:28 PM

I feel the same way! At the beginning I was on this site every day but now I've just been coming to check every once in a while. I am so close to hitting 150 posts but don't really care as much anymore

The wedding is only 5 months away and there are so many things to do.. it makes me feel uneasy when I think about the long list of things needing to be done ~_~

#32 hotlantabride

hotlantabride
    • Site Supporter
    • 96 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 02:00 PM

I am not alone, I at a full stop feeling totally defeated. I wanted to have everything planned well ahead of time but have gone from 1 year and 10 months to just 10 months away and I am not closer today then the day we got engaged. I have great ideas but I can't seem to get them all pulled together to get to a final product. I have talked to a few venues and I have been told it is to early, so I am going to kick back and enjoy the moment as I am sure in a few months I am going to be stressed out.

Terricca and JeVon ~~Reverse Destination from Bermuda to Atlanta, Georgia~~ July 18th 2012

#33 FutureMrzMalone

FutureMrzMalone
      • 91 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 06:09 PM

When are you getting married? 10months is not that far away it is going to fly by. Maybe you can start to develop the ideas and put them into motion. :-) When you say venue are you saying as far as resorts? Or are you having an AHR?

Originally Posted by hotlantabride 

I am not alone, I at a full stop feeling totally defeated. I wanted to have everything planned well ahead of time but have gone from 1 year and 10 months to just 10 months away and I am not closer today then the day we got engaged. I have great ideas but I can't seem to get them all pulled together to get to a final product. I have talked to a few venues and I have been told it is to early, so I am going to kick back and enjoy the moment as I am sure in a few months I am going to be stressed out.

My Royal Carribean Wedding 12/8/12

20 booked at Beaches Sandy Bay........... AND COUNTING!!!!

#34 hotlantabride

hotlantabride
        • Site Supporter
        • 96 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 03:01 AM

Hello FutureMrzMalone,

We are having a "reverse destination wedding" We live in Bermuda and are getting married in Atlandta. The majority of our guest will be travelling with us. I have a ton of ideas, but I really can't get it together but I need to. I am trying to finalize a venue so I can get hotel rates and send out save the dates. The most that I have done is written the guest list and picked out a dress. I have alot left to do! I am feeling a little defeated.

Terricca and JeVon ~~Reverse Destination from Bermuda to Atlanta, Georgia~~ July 18th 2012

#35 FutureMrzMalone

FutureMrzMalone
          • 91 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 05:53 AM

Oh.... I see. Well girly you have come to the right place.

Hello FutureMrzMalone,

We are having a "reverse destination wedding" We live in Bermuda and are getting married in Atlandta. The majority of our guest will be travelling with us. I have a ton of ideas, but I really can't get it together but I need to. I am trying to finalize a venue so I can get hotel rates and send out save the dates. The most that I have done is written the guest list and picked out a dress. I have alot left to do! I am feeling a little defeated.

My Royal Carribean Wedding 12/8/12

20 booked at Beaches Sandy Bay........... AND COUNTING!!!!

#36 elisamarie

elisamarie
            • 222 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 10:19 PM

I feel the same way- I'm now officially less than 3 months to go and I've run out of steam. Programs? No. Vellum lanterns? Meh. I'm tired of it and I figure it's going to be great when we show up and all these

extra things are just extra weight in the luggage and extra things that no one will appreciate and will end up in a garbage can somewhere. So we'll see. I have a couple things I'd like to pursue but I'm definitely

crossing a lot of projects of my list.

Getting married at Playa Pesquero! - 35 booked!!

#37 hotlantabride

hotlantabride
              • Site Supporter
              • 96 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 03:08 AM

Take a look around, As long as you have everything that you would like to have for you day it will be perfect. Don't worry about what others will think! Take a look around the site it will help you to get back into things. When I did I was back into the swing of things in a matter of days.

#38 kymish

kymish
                • 163 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 12:30 PM

my wedding mojo has came and went a few times i got engaged in 08 and finally sat down a few months ago and thought  maybe we should start making some plans ??  while my wedding date is over a year away its not even written in stone yet..im a slow planner lol but still i hope this mojo i have right now stays for a little longer then a few weeks ! GOOD LUCK WITH UR PLANNING LADIES !!

#39 futuremrstgun

futuremrstgun
                  • 995 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 12:50 PM

ladies...

i lost my mojo then...at like the 120 day mark..my inner martha TOOK OVER and we've been coasting along ever since...  you know, martha don't play..so i got in gear and started DIYing and well, i've got 30 days to go and all of my projects are on tap to be complete well in advance of the big day...

so..lay low..enjoy the break...then when your inner bride starts revving up...you'll know.

until next time, happy planning!!

R~

#40 hotlantabride

hotlantabride
                    • Site Supporter
                    • 96 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 04:05 PM

I know this is a little off topic but I am just wondering how far in advice people are planning on being finished the DIY items before the big day? I am not sure what kind of time line to give myself and time is definitely sneaking away, the only thing I really have set in stone is my dress. I don't even have a venue with a signed contract yet.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users