February 2012 Brides!!!!!!

• Please log in to reply
372 replies to this topic

#181 krsmith

krsmith
  • 528 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 09:11 PM

Hey ladies!!

I got my engagement pictures back! Here are just a handful on our photographer's blog ! I am really happy with them. There are of course pictures that I don't absolutely LOVE, but all in all I think she did an amazing job and has a great eye. We will definitely use her again if we ever need pictures in the future!! 

#182 Bride2012

Bride2012
    • Banned
    • 442 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 04:59 AM

Hey wedding date twin! Your photos came out amazing, congratulations on having one more thing done and complete , 5 more months to go

Attached Files

#183 pbrozek

pbrozek
      • Site Supporter
      • 75 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 06:28 AM

You're too hard on yourself. I love all your photos. They look great!

Originally Posted by krsmith 

Hey ladies!!

I got my engagement pictures back! Here are just a handful on our photographer's blog ! I am really happy with them. There are of course pictures that I don't absolutely LOVE, but all in all I think she did an amazing job and has a great eye. We will definitely use her again if we ever need pictures in the future!! 

#184 AngMarie113

AngMarie113
        • 23 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 09:14 AM

For the Majestic Colonial brides: what music service are you using?  DJ Mannia or the resort DJ?

My wedding is January 18/11 - everything is booked just deciding on which DJ to use.  I've heard a ton of great things about DJ Mannia.

Thanks and Best wishes to all upcoming brides to be!!

ANG

#185 Danceraz

Danceraz
          • 10 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 12:13 PM

Any Palace resorts brides...I received my contract today and it says

Outside vendor services (florists, décor companies, audio visual companies, entertainers, etc.) are not permitted on premises.  Palace Resorts will provide our couples with a variety of in-house services to choose from.

How do I take care of that considering I want to have an outside photographer and possibly an outside florist....please help?????

#186 Fired Up B2B

Fired Up B2B
            • Site Supporter
            • 34 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 01:36 PM

Hi AngMarie :)

Our wedding is February 6, 2012 and we've booked DJ Mannia and I've read a ton of great reviews!!!!

Are you having a private dinner reception? If so, what area have you booked? Any tips to share? :)

Originally Posted by AngMarie113 

For the Majestic Colonial brides: what music service are you using?  DJ Mannia or the resort DJ?

My wedding is January 18/11 - everything is booked just deciding on which DJ to use.  I've heard a ton of great things about DJ Mannia.

Thanks and Best wishes to all upcoming brides to be!!

ANG

#187 torilynnsmith

torilynnsmith
              • 1,748 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 06:27 PM

We havent booked DJ yet... still trying to justify the cost.  DJ Mannia is $900 + $180 for the passes for them to come on the resort..... for 2-3 hours it seems like a lot!

We haven't booked the Semi Private dinner... though we would love a private dinner it is just too costly!  We will be having the private reception at the wet bar!

Fired up b2b - you get married 2 days after us! I am sure we have talked about this already but I totally forget and I think you are the closest date I have seen to ours!!!

Danceraz - contact your wedding coordinator and ask about photographer... they may need them to stay on the resort as a "guest" but at least you will get a straight answer!

#188 pbrozek

pbrozek
                • Site Supporter
                • 75 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 11:13 AM

I've decided against going with Palace resorts because of this restriction. However, I have heard from other brides that they've been able to get an outside Photographer on Palce premises. I guess it just depends on what your wedding coordinator says.

If you want to go the "sneaky" route, you could always say that your photographer is a close, and personal friend that is willing to take the pictures for you (even though it's not true). As long as they stay at the hotel, it may be ok.

Originally Posted by Danceraz 

Any Palace resorts brides...I received my contract today and it says

Outside vendor services (florists, d©cor companies, audio visual companies, entertainers, etc.) are not permitted on premises.  Palace Resorts will provide our couples with a variety of in-house services to choose from.

How do I take care of that considering I want to have an outside photographer and possibly an outside florist....please help?????

#189 AngMarie113

AngMarie113
                  • 23 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 09:51 AM

Hi Fired Up Bride 2 Be - Congrats to you!!

Yes i thought the same.  DJ Mannia seems too pricey for 2hours.  The resort has a DJ of their own and the price seems alot more reasonable. 

We were able to visit the Colonial last year to get a feel for the place and to make sure that we wanted to have our wedding there.  We got a tour of the Majestic elegance also from Stephany Garcia (wedding coordinator @ Colonial).  Colonial is were its at!! You've picked a great resort.

We are having a Catholic ceremony in the chapel.  No private dinner for us..its too expense.  We have reservations at Tres Cabarales restaurant (seafood) - its free.  Our reception will be at the Wet bar but we may change to the Parrot bar.  Both bars are located near the pool.  Our pics will be with the resort photographer. 

If you have any other questions let me know. 

Good Luck!! - Ang

Originally Posted by Fired Up B2B 

Hi AngMarie :)

Our wedding is February 6, 2012 and we've booked DJ Mannia and I've read a ton of great reviews!!!!

Are you having a private dinner reception? If so, what area have you booked? Any tips to share? :)

#190 AngMarie113

AngMarie113
                    • 23 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 09:53 AM

Totally agree with you.  DJ Mannia is too pricey for a few hours.

Originally Posted by torilynnsmith 

We havent booked DJ yet... still trying to justify the cost.  DJ Mannia is $900 + $180 for the passes for them to come on the resort..... for 2-3 hours it seems like a lot!

We haven't booked the Semi Private dinner... though we would love a private dinner it is just too costly!  We will be having the private reception at the wet bar!

Fired up b2b - you get married 2 days after us! I am sure we have talked about this already but I totally forget and I think you are the closest date I have seen to ours!!!

Danceraz - contact your wedding coordinator and ask about photographer... they may need them to stay on the resort as a "guest" but at least you will get a straight answer!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users