Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
torilynnsmith

February 2012 Brides!!!!!!

Recommended Posts

Hi ladies, I to am a Feb 2012 bride :)

Not sure of our date yet but my fiance and I are going to Mexico in a week to figure out all the details. Thanks for all of the useful info can't wait for more!!!!!

Anyone doing any of the Palace Resorts??? Thats where we are looking

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome!

 

My FI and I are getting married Feb. 14th at Moon Palace! We are super excited and have heard really good things! They also have a bunch of group booking perks that can get you free nights and events if you get so many room nights/rooms booked. I am crossing my fingers we get to the 75+ room nights booked so we can get unlimited private events and 7 nights free! 
 

Originally Posted by Danceraz View Post

Hi ladies, I to am a Feb 2012 bride :)

Not sure of our date yet but my fiance and I are going to Mexico in a week to figure out all the details. Thanks for all of the useful info can't wait for more!!!!!

Anyone doing any of the Palace Resorts??? Thats where we are looking



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow!!! That sounds amazing, unlimited private events! We are actually staying at Moon Palace when we go next week and looking at a few others.Cant wait to see all of the beautiful resorts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Be careful. They don't let any outside vendors in case you wanted to bring your own photographer, etc.
 

Originally Posted by Danceraz View Post

Hi ladies, I to am a Feb 2012 bride :)

Not sure of our date yet but my fiance and I are going to Mexico in a week to figure out all the details. Thanks for all of the useful info can't wait for more!!!!!

Anyone doing any of the Palace Resorts??? Thats where we are looking



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congrats to you too, thanks for the info! We arrive at the resort on the 7th! I am so excited I cannot wait. I have heard he is a great resource down there as well. I will take you advice though and check out his work!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Perhaps it varies from Palace to Palace. I cancelled my reservation with Isla Mujeres Palace because of this restriction.

 

Originally Posted by Danceraz View Post

Oh really I have read that they were allowing outside vendors.....did this change recently?



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No it hasn't changed...people are just being creative at getting around it. I am going to use Del Sol for our photography, and from what they said is that they have a good working relationship with Palace. Exceptions will be made, but sometimes there are fees involved. We are also going to use an outside florist...he usually delivers the flowers to you as "a present from someone back home", and all the brides that have done that seem to get away with it completely. 
 

Originally Posted by Danceraz View Post

Oh really I have read that they were allowing outside vendors.....did this change recently?



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh that is awesome because I planned on using Del Sol as well, so I am happy to hear that! Who are you using for your florist? and why did u choose an outside florist? is it really much cheaper? sorry for all of the questions :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think I am MOST excited about working with the Del Sol team! Melissa and Matt have been so sweet and helpful throughout this entire process....I can say they have been the most accomodating and least stressful part of this planning. You can't go wrong with such amazing photographers! We will have Juan Jose for our wedding and Matt for our TTD. I can't WAIT!!!

 

We are going to use Marvin from Diseno Floral. YES he is waaaaaay cheaper! The resort flowers are rediculous! A BM bouquet will run you $70-$100 and a corsage/bout will be $30+

Not only that, but I can't say I'm very impressed with their quality of arrangements...kind of ugly and out dated. The pictures Marvin sent me were pretty much exactly what I was looking for!

 

No worries on questions. That is what this whole forum is about! :)

 

Originally Posted by Danceraz View Post

Oh that is awesome because I planned on using Del Sol as well, so I am happy to hear that! Who are you using for your florist? and why did u choose an outside florist? is it really much cheaper? sorry for all of the questions :)



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×