Photo

Stupid question...

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 mexicobride422

mexicobride422
  • 158 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 07:05 AM

Hi ladies.. So I feel so dumb even asking this but I honestly don't know.. LOL..

My fiance and I are getting ready to send out our STD's.. Envelopes have been stuffed.. Addresses collected..

Now we are at a total loss for how to actually write out the addresses? Do we hand write them ourselves? Print something from some kind of label maker?

I feel like such a noob=/ LOL..

HELP! What did you do??

#2 jszy10

jszy10
    • 1,192 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 07:20 AM

I hand wrote all of my invites...I think it is definitely more personal to do this, and I believe that is what is customary.  Hope that helps!  (I DID use a return address sticker for MY address)

#3 subbi

subbi
      • 217 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 07:32 AM

I am going to hand write my invitations...I think that's the custom

Dreams Punta Cana September 16th 2011

#4 J-me

J-me
        • 398 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 09:50 AM

Not a stupid question at all! Invitations I plan to hand write, but for my save the dates - I actually just got clear labels and used a dark brown, calligraphy font - because they were clear (and my envelopes were off white) you really couldn't tell they were labels!

Hand written is probably better, but I found the calligraphy on clear labels were a great/cost efficient way as well!

#5 mexicobride422

mexicobride422
          • 158 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 10:04 AM

Thanks ladies..

I know it's such a small thing to stress over, but I actually never thought about it until today.. LOL..

I will take your advice and hand write it..

#6 bmaxam12

bmaxam12
            • 67 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 11:19 AM

We printed straight on our envelopes from the printer, but that's cause I have horrible handwriting and my hands were crippled anyway from making our boarding pass magnets!

#7 mexicobride422

mexicobride422
              • 158 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 03:31 PM

J-ME-- I saw your idea and thought it sounded great!! Where did you find clear labels? I went to CVS, RITEAID but couldn't find any... Perhaps I'll have to make a trip to Staples.. 

Bmaxam-- My fiance won't let me write on our envelopes.. My handwriting is tiny by nature and he says we will blind our guests=/ If we do hand write then he had volunteered to do it.. He has a nice, bubbly cursive.. LOL... I wish I could do calligraphy though.. It looks so beautiful.. I will do a test run of printing straight onto envelopes..

Thanks for the ideas ladies:)

#8 jlarruda

jlarruda
                • 201 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 03:44 PM

My MOH printed my guests addresses on her computer on clear label paper, I had her do the same for our wedding invitations :)

#9 torilynnsmith

torilynnsmith
                  • 1,748 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 03:45 PM

I picked up clear labels at staples (in Ontario) for $4.96 for 300!!!!! It was a great deal.  We sent out 100 invites so there was noooooo way I was handwriting all those.  I plan to handwrite our welcome letters possibly or something else to give a personal touch!  Walmart also has clear labels but this staple sale blew them out of the water on price! 

We used a nice "handwritten" looking font that matched our invites and it worked out great!

Also, on a side note I have read some other brides saying they numbered their RSVP cards to track who responded since some people forget to write their names.  We just printed an extra label of each address and stuck it on the rsvp cards.  That way if they forget to write their names, no biggie because we have it already!!!

Good luck!!

Originally Posted by mexicobride422 

J-ME-- I saw your idea and thought it sounded great!! Where did you find clear labels? I went to CVS, RITEAID but couldn't find any... Perhaps I'll have to make a trip to Staples.. 

Bmaxam-- My fiance won't let me write on our envelopes.. My handwriting is tiny by nature and he says we will blind our guests=/ If we do hand write then he had volunteered to do it.. He has a nice, bubbly cursive.. LOL... I wish I could do calligraphy though.. It looks so beautiful.. I will do a test run of printing straight onto envelopes..

Thanks for the ideas ladies:)

#10 Cdunn514

Cdunn514
                    • 186 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 03:54 PM

I hand wrote my STD's, I stressed over this also but decided that we are not having a formal wedding so I shouldnt have to worry if something is not considered formal or not

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users