Photo

One big cake, cupcakes, or cake pops?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 crissy718

crissy718
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 10:25 AM

Hi all! I'm in the early stages of thinking of my cake. I've been to several wedding where of course there was just one cake but when thinking about service and cake eating on a beach, I had an idea that perhaps cupcakes or cake pops might be easier to handle, plus they could be fun. What do you think? Would I be missing out if we don't have a cake to cut?

#2 redginger

redginger
    • 360 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 07:02 PM

I love the idea of wedding cupcakes...I think guests would enjoy them much more than cake, especially since you can choose multiple cupcake flavors and they can also take some back to their rooms. If your hotel or caterer is already providing desserts for your reception, perhaps cupcakes wouldn't be an additional cost if they are your desserts? I would have loved to have cupcakes, but my fiance absolutely must have a cake. Sigh!

#3 JayKay

JayKay
      • 3,472 posts
      • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
      • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
      • LocationSouthern Alberta

Posted 29 May 2011 - 02:48 PM

I love the idea of having cupcakes!!  We would be doing that if the cake wasn't included free in our wedding package.

#4 mexicobride422

mexicobride422
      • 158 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 04:09 PM

I love the cupcake idea!!

I personally hate cake.. I wish we could have an ice cream cake, but being on the beach and all that may be a problem LOL.

I think cupcakes are just soooo cute and something different that guests would enjoy.. I know our resort offers a cupcake cake.. The first layer is a small piece of cake and then below it are like layers of cupcakes! so cute..

#5 meeshie77

meeshie77
        • 208 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 12:39 PM

I'm with JayKay.... if the cake wasn't free, I would totally be all over the cupcake idea!  I say GO FOR IT :)

#6 wendyjd

wendyjd
          • 968 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 02:21 PM

I had cake for my wedding but cupcakes for my ahr.  cake was included in the package.  there are pics in the inspiration (?) thread. 

#7 skybride

skybride
            • 21 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 09:58 PM

I don't think you'd be missing out at all!  The cake cutting is going to go by so fast you won't even remember it hardly.  All you want to do is eat it anyway, not ceremoniously cut it and feed it to each other while everyone you know watches :)  Above all else, I say go with what your vendor does well.  If your baker has never made cake pops before, I'm not sure you want to be the first one to try it out, unless they will do a free trial for you. 

Take a risk and let go of tradition...I don't think you'll regret it!

#8 subbi

subbi
              • 217 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 05:59 AM

I love the cupcake idea also, but that would just be another added expense, so i'm going with whatever is included.

Dreams Punta Cana September 16th 2011

#9 JessicaP2012

JessicaP2012
                • 162 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 02:50 PM

I love the cupcake idea or a mini cake idea (I saw a bride on here who had mini cakes and it looked so good). If I had the choice of cake or cupcakes, I would choose cupcakes.

#10 Ms Di

Ms Di
                  • 153 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 07:42 PM

Cupcakes is a really good idea  not nearly as messy and you don't have someone touching every piece of cake being served.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users