TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
  • 11,659 posts
  • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 11 May 2011 - 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by Cherazi 

This is part of the fun :) 

Thank you Tammy for suggesting Dreams Los Cabos, we love it! And the guests that have arrived have been enjoying themselves very much,

Off to breakfast and pool :)

say hi to the omelette lady for me.  she also makes huevos rancheros on request.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#1092 jmac

jmac
  • 20 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 07:21 PM

Hi there everyone,

New to this site - and new to forums in general! I am currently trying to figure out where to have my wedding next April and have my eye on Dreams in Cabo. Just a few questions for those of you who have been there - hoping you can help me out!

When they say the ocean is 'unswimmable' - what exactly does this mean? Can you not even wade it whatsoever, or are they saying don't go in and do laps? Myself and my guests are definitely beach/ocean people (I grew up on the east coast of Canada) and not being able to go in the water would be a total downer.

What is the nightlife like at the resort? We will most likely have quite a few singles coming with us who like to have a good time - just wondering if this place is more geared towards families?

How far is Cabo San Lucas? Are the cabs really 25 dollars each way?

Thanks! Just trying to find out as much information as possible about lots of different locations/resorts before making my final decision.

#1093 Teira1031

Teira1031
    • 766 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 08:31 AM

I was just married at the Dreams last month. My wedding really was the wedding of my dreams! The staff is fantastic, the food is good and the wedding coordinators are awesome! There are very few beaches in Cabo that are swimable due to the strong undertoe. You cannot get in the ocean at the resort as it is extremely dangerous. We did our TTD at one of the "swimable" beaches about 5 minute drive from the hotel and i still almost drown. But the pools at the resort are amazing!

As for nighlife at the resort they have a "night club" that stays open until 2 or 3, i didnt go while we were there but all my girlfriends went a few times. They had a good time but i dont think its anything like the clubs or nightlife in town.

And it really is a $25 cab ride each way to and from Cabo. It got pretty pricey to go back & forth, that was one of the downsides of the resort but we were happy mostly staying at the resort anyways.

But when it came down to the wedding it was INCREDIBLE! I would not have changed anything , here is a link to some of our Pro Pictures if you want to see how the wedding turned out and how perfect the resort it

Hi there everyone,

New to this site - and new to forums in general! I am currently trying to figure out where to have my wedding next April and have my eye on Dreams in Cabo. Just a few questions for those of you who have been there - hoping you can help me out!

When they say the ocean is 'unswimmable' - what exactly does this mean? Can you not even wade it whatsoever, or are they saying don't go in and do laps? Myself and my guests are definitely beach/ocean people (I grew up on the east coast of Canada) and not being able to go in the water would be a total downer.

What is the nightlife like at the resort? We will most likely have quite a few singles coming with us who like to have a good time - just wondering if this place is more geared towards families?

How far is Cabo San Lucas? Are the cabs really 25 dollars each way?

Thanks! Just trying to find out as much information as possible about lots of different locations/resorts before making my final decision.

#1094 jmac

jmac
      • 20 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 12:00 PM

Thanks so much - it totally does! Your pics are gorgeous :)

Originally Posted by Teira1031 

I was just married at the Dreams last month. My wedding really was the wedding of my dreams! The staff is fantastic, the food is good and the wedding coordinators are awesome! There are very few beaches in Cabo that are swimable due to the strong undertoe. You cannot get in the ocean at the resort as it is extremely dangerous. We did our TTD at one of the "swimable" beaches about 5 minute drive from the hotel and i still almost drown. But the pools at the resort are amazing!

As for nighlife at the resort they have a "night club" that stays open until 2 or 3, i didnt go while we were there but all my girlfriends went a few times. They had a good time but i dont think its anything like the clubs or nightlife in town.

And it really is a $25 cab ride each way to and from Cabo. It got pretty pricey to go back & forth, that was one of the downsides of the resort but we were happy mostly staying at the resort anyways.

But when it came down to the wedding it was INCREDIBLE! I would not have changed anything , here is a link to some of our Pro Pictures if you want to see how the wedding turned out and how perfect the resort it http://blog.faberpho...bos-mexico/2011

Hope this helps :)

#1095 Erika J

Erika J

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 8,569 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 01:00 PM

Hmm, the night club. I thought it was awesome cause it was like having our own night club with all my family and friends and partying all night, so that was great, but if I was there just with my husband or a group of girls, I think we would have gone downtown instead.

We used the bus to get downtown, like $1/.50 per person, It is definately used mostly by locals. So it is a bit of adventure, on the way back from town when we were tipsy/drunk etc. we did the cab thing to be a bit safer, but yes it was $20-$25, be sure to ask the rate before you get in.

#1096 Cherazi

Cherazi
          • 196 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 08:40 AM

Hi Ladies,

We just got back from Cabo and I have to say that I had the time of my life and the wedding of my dreams. Please don't worry about anything. Everyone at Dreams is extremely helpful and capable. They will make sure that your wedding is just as you have envisioned.

Magda rocks! She is awesome, friendly and resourceful.

I am waiting for photos to write the review.

Cheers,

Azadeh

#1097 Mich1111

Mich1111
            • 24 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 11:43 AM

Congrats Azadeh! Can't wait for your review and some pics!!!

Originally Posted by Cherazi 

Hi Ladies,

We just got back from Cabo and I have to say that I had the time of my life and the wedding of my dreams. Please don't worry about anything. Everyone at Dreams is extremely helpful and capable. They will make sure that your wedding is just as you have envisioned.

Magda rocks! She is awesome, friendly and resourceful.

I am waiting for photos to write the review.

Cheers,

Azadeh

Dreams Los Cabos --- 11.11.11

22 booked....and counting!

#1098 mari15t

mari15t
              • 72 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 06:12 PM

Congrats on your wedding!!! Can't wait to see your pics :)

#1099 proti007

proti007
                • 467 posts

Posted 22 May 2011 - 10:06 AM

Congrats Azadeh!!! Can't wait to hear all about it!!!

#1100 Mich1111

Mich1111
                  • 24 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 08:00 AM

Ladies - did any of you get your hair and makeup done by Dreams, that's included in the package? If so, where you satisfied with how it turned out. It would really help if you can PM me some pictures as well. Thanks in advance!

Dreams Los Cabos --- 11.11.11

22 booked....and counting!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users