BM Earrings Poll

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 JulieG

JulieG
  • VIP Member
  • 8,323 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 02:16 PM

Alright, a few months back you guys decided what starfish necklace for me to pick for my BM's and I love them. So, now I want to get them earrings. I already bought a pink bracelet (dress colour) and the starfish necklace, here is a pic:
    Click the image to open in full size.

Now I want to know if I should get them starfish earrings or something different altogether.

Here are the earrings I am thinking about, these

or these

So my question is, do I get starfish earrings, or its too matchy matchy and I should get something different?

Thanks girls.

#2 starfish kate

starfish kate
    • 455 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 02:23 PM

I like the earrings but do they have a post version? Non-dangly ones like these? IMHO I think that the dangly ones might be a little too much. Just a thought-

Kate

#3 JulieG

JulieG
      • VIP Member
      • 8,323 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 02:25 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by starfish kate
        I like the earrings but do they have a post version? Non-dangly ones like these? IMHO I think that the dangly ones might be a little too much. Just a thought-

I totally agree with you, but 2 of my BM's only wear dangly earrings, they don't like post ones. So, that is why I am looking for dangly. The other BM does not care either way, but I think they should all match. And I got different earrings and bracelet for my MOH.

#4 Janet

Janet
        • VIP Member
        • 7,459 posts

hmmm, those are pretty but I don't love the matchy-matchy too much. Personally, I never wear earrings AND a necklace AND a bracelet at the same time. Maybe just two of the three. Maybe just add some small silver studs to keep it simple?

#5 foxytv

foxytv
          • VIP Member
          • 7,740 posts

I like the 2nd pair of earrings, but I think it might be too much. What about sterling silver studs or simple hoops? I'm dealing with this same dilemma (same necklace) ... but since my BM dresses are halter-style, I may forego them wearing the necklace at the wedding and just give it to thm as a gift and get them some earrings that match the dress for the wedding...

#6 JulieG

JulieG
            • VIP Member
            • 8,323 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 02:28 PM

This is what I am wondering, if its too much matching and just to get something plain. Or, don't get them earrings at all. 2 of them are dangly earring girls and one had diamond studs, so no point getting her something fake, lol. That is why I thought dangly, but not sure where to go on this one. Do I get pink like their bracelets and my necklace, or do I go all silver, and just not get them any.

#7 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 24,768 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 02:28 PM

i agree that it may be too much - but i am also an "anti-matchy matchy" person. they're cute -but with the necklace it might be too much of a cute thing. ya know?

#8 JulieG

JulieG
                • VIP Member
                • 8,323 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 02:31 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by akh
                  i agree that it may be too much - but i am also an "anti-matchy matchy" person. they're cute -but with the necklace it might be too much of a cute thing. ya know?
                  I do know, that is why I am asking all of you. lol I am not a matchy matchy person, but I know 2 of my BM's are, so I thought they might like it. But since most of you think its too much, I will probably go with my gutt on this and get them something else. or none at all and just let them wear their own.

#9 boscobel

boscobel
                  • VIP Member
                  • 24,213 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 02:31 PM

I voted for "no matchy-matchy", I love eclectic looks, so that was too much for my taste. If you decide against, I would say go for something simple in silver, not pink, so it is more flexible for them later.

#10 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                    • 24,768 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 02:33 PM

well heck - if they like it, may as well get it for them!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users