Sign in to follow this  
kimberyly

Is this song creepy for a father/daughter dance?

I've been giving this a lot of thought and I think I want to dance with my dad to "Colour My World" by Chicago. My sister took the perfect song, Your Song by Elton John. My dad loves that song! But he also loves Colour My World and I like it too. We also saw Chicago in concert one time in the front row so it has special meaning. I'm concerned that it's not appropriate for father/daughter since it's kind of lovey dovey. Here's the lyrics:

As time goes on
I realize
Just what you mean
To me
And now
Now that you're near
Promise your love
That I've waited to share
And dreams
Of our moments together
Color my world with hope of loving you

Do people even pay attention to the lyrics?

I don't know if people pay attention...but it might be a little weird if someone did know the song and lyrics. But if that is the song that you really want...go for it. laugh about it later if anyone mentions it!

It's your wedding day and you can do whatever you want!

I agree jaykay! I gave it some thought and I'm going to do it. Both my dad and I like that song and since we saw Chicago in concert together it has meaning. Screw it!

If you both are ok with it then just go for it!  My Dad is very particular about music (and not much else) so all of my suggestions were not accepted.  He ended up picking a Paul McCartney song that had nothing to do with the wedding but we danced to it anyway.  He enjoyed it and felt much better about dancing with me in the spotlight (he has 2 left feet LOL).