Photo

"New Resort Opening May 1 2011" NOW LARIMAR ~ PUNTA CANA

• Please log in to reply
2000 replies to this topic

#821 jbmarch2012

jbmarch2012
  • 460 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 02:01 PM

Moni, I did want a by the pool reception... I thought the setting would be awesome at night but I really wanted a sit down dinner, so I think I will be sticking with the castaways as well, I've seen some of the settings there from when they were NH Real. I also really wanted to keep it outdoors but not on sand the whole time so that was the best alternative.

#822 jbmarch2012

jbmarch2012
    • 460 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 02:55 PM

I'm sooooo excited that I had to share. I recieved a revised contract today and our rates based on dbl occ. $97 per night for 3 nights and any additional night is $89!!!! AAAHHH sooo happy!!!

#823 moniwoni

moniwoni
      • 120 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 06:06 PM

katusha, my TA spoke with the WC and then she called me.... I know they usually don't start confirming anything until about 6 weeks before the wedding.  Castaways is outdoors just has a covering over the top but the sides are open air.... if you go to the website you can see a pic of it on the resort map.  

Jaz... I know it's such a hard choice...... still waiting to here if castaways is def avail for us, Claribel will probably contact me tomorrow.  That's so great that the rate went down.... I'd be excited too!

monica wasser

#824 asiamarie1

asiamarie1
        • 239 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 10:21 AM

Jaz,

That is awesome and better than what I am getting at the Majestic...maybe I shouldn't have switched..lol...j/k we are both happy with where we are going to be!!

Originally Posted by jbmarch2012 

I'm sooooo excited that I had to share. I recieved a revised contract today and our rates based on dbl occ. $97 per night for 3 nights and any additional night is $89!!!! AAAHHH sooo happy!!!

#825 vav11238

vav11238
          • 166 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by jbmarch2012 

WOW! That's so amazing. That sooooo out does my rate of $130 but then again, my wedding is over winter recess. I'll stay hopeful that it will go down. 

#826 AcutieRN

AcutieRN
            • 156 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 12:35 PM

JB:

How in the world did you get your prices that low? Is that with the every 6th room free calculation and that dropped it more? Awesome job!!!

#827 jbmarch2012

jbmarch2012
              • 460 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 02:12 PM

Acutie, no it doesn't include the free rooms yet! It's amazing, they had an early booking promotion and it just went down this much!

#828 Katusha

Katusha
                • 51 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 04:32 PM

Thanks, Moni! I looked at the picture and it's just what I had in mind for the reception. Didn't want to be indoors, because it's gorgeous outside, and in case of rain there is a roof. Perfect! I'm now wondering how would they set up the tables, it looks like the ones they have are for 4 ppl.

Congrats on such great rates, Jaz! Those are amazing!

#829 JamieBride

JamieBride
                  • 16 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 09:13 AM

Hey Girls,

This may be a stupid question...but do our guests get to pick what they want to eat at the seated dinner reception? Or do we have to choose a set menu w/ only one entree / app / dessert, etc?

Did someone have a picture of the poolside reception?? If so, can you either post it or email it to me? Jamiekuda@yahoo.com

Thanks!

#830 sarahgn4t

sarahgn4t
                    • 87 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 10:49 PM

Ladies only a few more days until I leave for Punta Cana!!!  I want to have a list of questions and pictures to take when I get there so if there is anything you need more information on please let me know!!  I will try my best to get all your questions answered and pictures taken!!!    sarahgn4t@att.net

Vav and JB how in the heck did you get those rates??????  Vav you are traveling at the same time as me and I think mine are higher.  I am going to have to go back and double check my pricing!!  We are leaving Wednesday morning and staying till Saturday.  I have asked to see a wedding a few times but haven't really gotten much of a response back. Claribel did say she would meet up with me when we arrived so I am excited about that!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users